Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Wallace (Rangers)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gordon Smith never wanted to leave Rangers.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Liked this one from Rangers Forum....

If Simon ****ing Lappin replaces Lee Wallace iam chucking it.

Cheer me up so ye do Wully

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would much rather we signed Ward. We know what he can do!

I know what you are saying as Ward is a very good player.

Im not 100% sure Ward is suited to the system we will be playing however under Sami

Ward has great delivery but i'm not sure he has the legs for the role.

I have not seen Wallace either of late so its difficult to say if he has too.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North

Im not 100% sure Ward is suited to the system we will be playing however under Sami

Wallace will bomb up and down the left flank all day long. It's what he's good at.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
No point getting excited....we all know it will never happen!!! We cant sign a bloody autograph at the moment!

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Oh come on. Played a season in the Scottish Premier then stuck with Rangers to help them rise again.

his commitment to the cause might be admirable but the fact is the years he has spent at the lowest divisions will have stunted his growth and it is debatable whether he would be suited to a 46 game championship season where the quality is considerably superior to that even of the SPL. Rangers have walked their promotions so how much pressure has he actually come up against? in the championship he would be tested week in week out by top players whereas he has essentially playing against semi-pros the last two years.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
No point getting excited....we all know it will never happen!!! We cant sign a bloody autograph at the moment!

Have to agree. We'll always put in a bid knowing that it's under their valuation so we know it'll get rejected but our club can then turn around and say we have made bids for our targets but they refuse to sell. It's another way of our club to cover their arses and appease us in the knowledge that they are making the effort but in reality they aren't because they know these bids will be rejected out of hand.

If they wanted their targets then they'd meet the asking price or raise it by a few pennies. The club are taking us for fools and we're sucking their bullshit up.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

As attacking fullbacks in the Championship apart from Bridge on form , they do not really get that much better in my opinion . Lets not forget he started out as a winger .

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Have to agree. We'll always put in a bid knowing that it's under their valuation so we know it'll get rejected but our club can then turn around and say we have made bids for our targets but they refuse to sell. It's another way of our club to cover their arses and appease us in the knowledge that they are making the effort but in reality they aren't because they know these bids will be rejected out of hand.

If they wanted their targets then they'd meet the asking price or raise it by a few pennies. The club are taking us for fools and we're sucking their bullshit up.

That maybe so but I think it is to get wolves/ward moving if they think we are looking elsewhere

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Sounds good to me

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012
As a Rangers fan (ST holder at the Amex) I would be extremely disheartened to see him leave Rangers, however, delighted that he would play for Brighton

I can do nothing but wish him well, he's given us everything in a very poor and lacklustre Rangers team, I have never once questioned his commitment to the cause and he deserves a shot playing against higher opposition. Also give him a chance to get back in the Scotland national team... he is the best left back available for Scotland at the moment

Outstanding full back that would only get better (forget the fact he's not 19 years old) he has more energy and natural fitness than any Scottish player around...

would be better than Ward in time, would need time to settle in, playing Scottish league football to championship pace not matter the players natural fitness would be a challenge...

I don't think he will come cheap... I THINK Rangers are still paying Hearts for him and his transfer fee was £2.5m

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
As a Rangers fan (ST holder at the Amex) I would be extremely disheartened to see him leave Rangers, however, delighted that he would play for Brighton

I can do nothing but wish him well, he's given us everything in a very poor and lacklustre Rangers team, I have never once questioned his commitment to the cause and he deserves a shot playing against higher opposition. Also give him a chance to get back in the Scotland national team... he is the best left back available for Scotland at the moment

Outstanding full back that would only get better (forget the fact he's not 19 years old) he has more energy and natural fitness than any Scottish player around...

would be better than Ward in time, would need time to settle in, playing Scottish league football to championship pace not matter the players natural fitness would be a challenge...

I don't think he will come cheap... I THINK Rangers are still paying Hearts for him and his transfer fee was £2.5m

No pun intended there i guess !

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North

wouldn't disagree with much of this albeit he was signed by Oldco not Newco so even if they did still owe us money then we wouldn't have got it after the liquidation. From memory I think most of the money was paid up front but that we might have been entitled to some payment if Oldco had sold him on. I think the fee was about £1-£1.5m.

He has done his development as a player no favours by staying at Rangers but he is still young enough to improve quite a lot. This would be a really good move for him and Brighton imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here