Leaving early is getting ridiculous!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you go on the final whistle from WSU you will get the 17:16 train on a normal 15:00 KO - simples

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Now if they made kick-offs 2pm. We'd all get away early and they'd save a fortune on lighting.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Dear Mr Barber,

Would it be possible to stream the last half hour ( including any minimum stoppage time allowances ) at both Falmer Station and on board all buses and trains leaving The Amex for all future fixtures? This subsidy however would not be expected at the forthcoming England International (Ladies), Rod 'The Mod' Stewart gig and Oval ball confrontations.
Cheers pal

Prince

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Never leave before the final whistle. Stay behind for a pint or two and sometimes pop in the Bell on the way home.
Unfortunately a midweek game means i leave after the whistle and give the beer a miss afterwards.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
You are not really a fan are you.
My family are able to get by without me for hours and so far haven't had to send out search parties for me coz they know I'll turn up eventually:drink:
They can also cook and eat without me being in the house coz Iv'e trained them how to :rolleyes:
Come to think of it they don't even notice when I fall in the door now.

Sorry but you really have no right to say this guy is not a fan, just because he has different priorities to you. I often leave early for a variety of reasons, that's my choice and feck anyone who challenges that right, it's none of their business.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I'll let the old dude with two walking sticks that sits behind me know you're not happy he leaves early.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I left on 70 mins cos it looked like both teams couldn't score in a brothel. Did i miss anything ?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
The most irritating aspect of it all is that you're in my ****ing way!!! I don't care if you've paid your admission fee I now can't see because your wife's granddad dog needs feeding at 5.35!!

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Reading all the posts on this thread it seems that the main reasons for leaving early are (in no particular order):

1) To beat the rush out of the stadium
2) The quality or otherwise of the match being played
3) Other commitments - family, work etc.
4) The weather conditions

It is everyone's right to leave when they want to - but as I posted earlier I personally can't imagine doing it. I suppose for me it is those near to where I sit that always leave early, no matter what the game or weather conditions, that I find most perplexing. I suppose they either have a pressing commitment every Saturday evening, or they haven't found a means of getting away from the stadium that is to their satisfaction, or their expectations of what constitutes an entertaining football match are far higher than mine.

As I say each to their own.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I always presume I am going to miss the thing (not necessarily a goal) that everyone talks about for the next 50 years and I was in the car park! Never miss a second.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
My family are able to get by without me for hours and so far haven't had to send out search parties for me coz they know I'll turn up eventually:drink:
They can also cook and eat without me being in the house coz Iv'e trained them how to :rolleyes:

Classic Simmo!!! That really made me laugh and i agree with you're sentiments!!!

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
I used to leave 5 minutes before the end so that my lad didn't get caught in the crush. He isn't very tall. I was never really comfortable with it because of the number of late goals.

Now we use the coach service. It picks up 5 minutes from where we live, drops us outside the ground, and its cheaper than drive/train.

I can also have a beer. Happy days.

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
I left just after the whistle, it was quite evident that many had already gone as the circulation areas and steps to the coach park were definitely easier to get through.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:thumbsup:
You have to get out and let your hair down sometimes anyway Simmo!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports