Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving early is getting ridiculous!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After Saturday's games I find it better to wait and have a beer or coffee then go straight to the station and catch a train to Lewes which means I can get the 5.50 to Haywards Heath no problem and no queues

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
It was possible to nip out 10 minutes early and get first in the queue for transport options but yesterday there must have been between 5,000 to 7,000 outside before the final whistle:facepalm: If it means leaving on 75 minutes to get away quickly its going to hardly be worth going any more :down:

Obviously you were one of them to know just how many there were.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
If people leave early that is their decision I suppose - personally I never have and never will.

What annoys me are those people who get up to leave early and then stop right in front of me or as they go up the aisle if it looks like something is about to happen. EITHER STAY OR LEAVE - DON'T BLOCK MY VIEW:angry:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
What if you put seat belts in the seats so early leavers would be forced to stay till full time ???

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
After Saturday's games I find it better to wait and have a beer or coffee then go straight to the station and catch a train to Lewes which means I can get the 5.50 to Haywards Heath no problem and no queues

What time to you leave the ground for the station? This season I have been parking at the bridge car park. Next season I want to go back to using the trains as they have improved the platforms. I would catch the Lewes train, how are the queues these days, do they go quick?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Me and my lad left after the final whistle yesterday, were on a train to Lewes (where I park) by 5.10 and back home in Burgess Hill by 5.40. Last 2/3 games have definitely been better, think they have upgraded so longer trains are being used and also done some signalling upgrades ? Anyway, even before Christmas we were usually home by 6, which in my view is perfectly ok. Park and ride for us takes a bit longer (Mill Road) but we're in WSL (North End) so about as far away from the buses as you can get.

Early leavers are a pain if they block your view (like another poster said - particularly when they stop mid-row to watch something) but otherwise they smooth the flow a bit I guess. Personally really would not want to leave a game with 10 mins left (the reality if you're walking out on 85) with only a goal in it. Have never left before the final whistle.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Those who wish to leave early should be allowed to do so ... From their own "leave early part of the stadium" so the rest of us don't have to keep getting up and down to accommodate their wishes. Perhaps they could get a discount on the season ticket as they only see 85% of each game. But equally the stewards should enforce departure from that designated area at 81 mins as that is 85% of 95 av mins played. Maybe other fans from deprived or impoverished backgrounds could be let in for the final 9+5 mins for free, or £2 say given the £14m loss, to enjoy the end of the match. That way everyone wins - no?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Genuine question:

Don't you feel like you are missing out on the whole point of being at the match?

Why should he? He like a lot of us go to be entertained by a game of football. once he has had enough he leaves, not every supporter is blinkered by football. When I parked in bridge car park it could take up to 90 mins to get out if you left on the final whistle, but leave 5-10 mins early you can drive straight out. Hence saving this hour + all for the sake of 10 mins.
No brainer ain't it. Much rather miss 10 mins of a game if it means i don't have sit in a queue of stationery traffic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here