Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving early is getting ridiculous!

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Why should he? He like a lot of us go to be entertained by a game of football. once he has had enough he leaves, not every supporter is blinkered by football. When I parked in bridge car park it could take up to 90 mins to get out if you left on the final whistle, but leave 5-10 mins early you can drive straight out. Hence saving this hour + all for the sake of 10 mins.
No brainer ain't it. Much rather miss 10 mins of a game if it means i don't have sit in a queue of stationery traffic.

I get the hassle of getting away from the ground - but I just feel that the whole match experience is about being there to the final whistle. I am not judging or criticising just from my point of view I would find it hard to leave a game that hadn't finished.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Why should he? He like a lot of us go to be entertained by a game of football. once he has had enough he leaves, not every supporter is blinkered by football. When I parked in bridge car park it could take up to 90 mins to get out if you left on the final whistle, but leave 5-10 mins early you can drive straight out. Hence saving this hour + all for the sake of 10 mins.
No brainer ain't it. Much rather miss 10 mins of a game if it means i don't have sit in a queue of stationery traffic.

I keeps her happy indoors and keeps me catching a cold :) but on special occasions ill stay there and drink till i drop. Coming home early means i can get away with the odd piss up. Planning ahead you see :thumbsup:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

As you say, no brainer.........

Do you ever go to the cinema and leave before you know what the ending was?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Generally no as there are not traffic issues when leaving, but have done when the film has not been a good one.

That's a reasonable point but when the game is finally balanced surely you sooner witness the outcome.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have you ever been to a cinema that regularly holds 27000 people?

No but love the fact my team once again get this amount to their games. Part of that is the acceptance that it might take a little while to get away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In a similar vein:-

How early do you have to get to The AMEX, in order to walk straight into a bar?

I had to buy some new cleats on the way, yesterday, and left too much time.
So we arrived between 1 & 1:30, so early I got our bestest ever Uni parking space.
Walking in I noted the massive queue for Dick and headed round the the East Stand.

There the queue was only 20 or so, but seriously stationary.
We waited 10 mins with no movement, and headed into the concourse.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's a reasonable point but when the game is finally balanced surely you sooner witness the outcome.

I'm not convinced it is a reasonable point for many. Society seems obsessed with "beating the traffic" for no reason other than to beat the traffic. What is it every needs to get home so quickly for? Why the rush?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm not convinced it is a reasonable point for many. Society seems obsessed with "beating the traffic" for no reason other than to beat the traffic. What is it every needs to get home so quickly for? Why the rush?

Perhaps to rush home to watch the voice or any other crap on tv. I prefer to watch the game I've bothered to come and see.

BECAUSE THE ALTERNATIVE OF HANGING ABOUT ON A DRAUGHTY CONCOURSE IS UNBEARABLE:shootself

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton

Its obvious you have no family,because i want to attend a match it is necessary how the rest of the family are spending the evening,Five minutes before final whistle could easily mean 30 mins queuing for a bus resulting in a late meal,Football is great but there are plenty of other things in life.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I clap the team off then head down to the station, I rarely queue for over 15 minutes.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I left early to get tickets for Hull and Millwall. TBH the weather was sh!t and the football wasn't much better, we would of probably left early to save from getting drenched queuing up early to get the bus.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Its obvious you have no family,because i want to attend a match it is necessary how the rest of the family are spending the evening,Five minutes before final whistle could easily mean 30 mins queuing for a bus resulting in a late meal,Football is great but there are plenty of other things in life.

You are not really a fan are you.
My family are able to get by without me for hours and so far haven't had to send out search parties for me coz they know I'll turn up eventually:drink:
They can also cook and eat without me being in the house coz Iv'e trained them how to :rolleyes:
Come to think of it they don't even notice when I fall in the door now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here