Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Having checked out Trossard twitter and a few Arsenal forums, just to see what they thought of his cameo, the one consistent thing I read was how they think he absolutely should be starting ahead of Martinelli right now.

Clearly their perspective is based on a very short, but bright, cameo, but it does also sound as though Martinelli hasn't been fully at it of late and may appreciate a breather. Like us, their next game is in the Cup (Man City away - good luck with that), so he has to have a good chance of starting there. If he does well, maybe he will earn a spot for their next league game (Everton away).
Interesting. Martinelli was outstanding at the start of this season so maybe he’s dropped off a bit. Yeah they’re bound to start him in the cup. But if they get Lazy Leandro in that game?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Lazy Leandro seems to be becoming a meme. Can't say I'd ever come across that complaint prior to the World Cup break, but I guess I haven't read every post on here
You’re not looking hard enough then.

I’ve been to more or less every home game and a good number of aways before and after Covid. He’s a marmite player. Brilliant when on it but disappears when not. That happens in a lot of mid season games and less when we’re using a white ball. It’s been mentioned loads on here, probably on this thread.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He could’ve behaved considerably worse and the club would still have given him a respectable send off! That’s just how our club operates.

He only ever put in a good performance for us (‘100%’) when he thought it was in his best interests to do so, and would facilitate his step up to better things. He has so much potential but he was never going to realise that playing for us because in his eyes we didn’t deserve it/he didn’t need to. (He always felt he was better than us.) Every game will feel like a ‘big game’ to him now at Arsenal and I predict he will work very hard to impress at every opportunity which is going to be hard to see.

Yes, he got his big move regardless, but the Arsenal fans are divided. At best they’re satisfied with the addition to their squads depth but he could’ve been challenging for a guaranteed place in their first eleven had he of conducted himself better and always played to his full potential at Brighton. He’d be ten times the player with ten times the experience and the reputation. Who knows how much more his ability would’ve ultimately developed.
There's a LOT of assumptions in there. Unless he's told you all that lot...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting. Martinelli was outstanding at the start of this season so maybe he’s dropped off a bit. Yeah they’re bound to start him in the cup. But if they get Lazy Leandro in that game?
I thought he was ineffective yesterday and was in Wan Bissaka’s pocket all game. I believe Trossard would have been a better bet in hindsight.

Martinelli looked nothing like the player he was the last time I saw him (missed the game against the Albion as I was on a fecking flight during it) so no idea how or if he played In that game.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Martinelli v Trossard is pace v craft. I’d put Lamptey up against the former (I know, I remember the recent sprint race) and Veltman up against Trossard. A motivated Trossard is a great game changing buy for Arsenal and expect it will help push them over the EPL title line.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I thought he was ineffective yesterday and was in Wan Bissaka’s pocket all game. I believe Trossard would have been a better bet in hindsight.

Martinelli looked nothing like the player he was the last time I saw him (missed the game against the Albion as I was on a fecking flight during it) so no idea how or if he played In that game.
Scored against us and looked dangerous. Got some decent ratings. Agree about last night though. One moment when WB just showed him the line and made a clean tackle effortlessly summed it up

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't think Trossard has been lazy generally speaking, not even when he is bad - more a case of not reading the pitch well enough to find spaces to abuse.

If you look at someone like Lionel Messi, he will read the positioning and movements of his opponents for the first few minutes and then throughout the game he will usually be playable and involved in the game for 90 minutes. Tross just doesn't have that ability - whether he is involved or not is usually a matter of coincidence.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think Trossard has been lazy generally speaking, not even when he is bad - more a case of not reading the pitch well enough to find spaces to abuse.

If you look at someone like Lionel Messi, he will read the positioning and movements of his opponents for the first few minutes and then throughout the game he will usually be playable and involved in the game for 90 minutes. Tross just doesn't have that ability - whether he is involved or not is usually a matter of coincidence.
Interesting comment which I kind of agree with when thinking about it. There have been many times when Trossard has worked the ball repeatedly to make space. I remember one time he did this about three times along the edge of the penalty box…and to be fair scored. Other players seem to find space as opposed to work for it….if this makes sense. No necessarily saying one approach is better than the other though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£26M for a player with 18 months still left on his deal is looking a bit of a bargain based on his 2 appearances for Arsenal so far 😞

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
£26M for a player with 18 months still left on his deal is looking a bit of a bargain based on his 2 appearances for Arsenal so far 😞
He’s a quality, quality player. Always under rated by a lot on here.

He’ll do well there and probably get a league winners medal but I don’t think we undersold him either. It was a decent deal all round.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just curious... did we ever find out if Trossard returned to training (in the same week he signed for Arsenal)?

I recall there were no pics/video from the training ground on the Mon/Tue that week.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The one player we give away was our best attacking player IMO. £40m it should have been. Contract length will be mentioned although these days that’s not a deciding factor for forwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here