Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I notice Arteta has said the deal was "really nicely done, between the player, agent and the club." Yeah, bet it was.

Fingers crossed we get to see him 'go wild' at being on the bench and their season goes to shit.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Farewell Leo, such a great player and I was always waiting for the 'Season of Trossard', in the end we just got half of one perhaps but c'est la vie. Shame how it ended but sometimes that happens. I'm sure he'll do well at Arsenal.

I can see it all from his point of view, three and a half years is a long time for a star player to stay here. Just got three for Bobby first time round, we won't get that long for any of Caicedo, Mac Allister and Mitoma if they keep doing what they're doing.

He went to the World Cup in a team that hoped to challenge for the trophy, it didn't happen and he must have felt really down. He's been one of our best, if not the best, player at Brighton for the past few seasons, but would have looked at Mac celebrating his World Cup win with loads of suitors, have seen Ben White come into the team, then sold on after a year and now heading for a premier league title, seen Cucurella bought, then sold after one season and now playing in the champions league, seen Bissouma playing in the champions league, seen Dan Burn asking for a January move and getting it and now firmly in the top 4, seen the manager who signed him moving on to a champions league club, seen Caicedo virtually be guaranteed a move after little more than a season at Brighton. And for him, back to trying to qualify for a minor European competition and perhaps a cup as a long shot. I can see why he got frustrated and played up, even though I don't justify it.

I think he deserves this amazing new opportunity for him, and when the dust settles I hope and think that he will look back at his time at Brighton fondly and realise he shouldn't have forced the move in the way he did.

And, as an addendum, the way it happened has to be beneficial for us. Sell a star player suddenly could have had negative impacts on how we played, but that move being made proactively by our coach has made us stronger.
, Mac Allister has already been here for more than 3 years become our player On 24 January 2019

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
He looked very good indeed for the Arsenal. I’m not bitter that he got his move, he just could have handled it differently instead of trying to stitch RDZ up.
This has probably been mentioned elsewhere
But I think I read something along the lines of Leo taking umbrage at being benched and that was the route cause of the hissy fit
The more games benched the greater the frustration ergo bigger hissy fit

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He was always going to be keen to make an impression when coming on in his first game. I wouldn't exactly be surprised if he blows hot and cold for them in future games, just like he did with us.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Wouldnt take that cameo as any sort of sample for future performances. Debut in a big match with 10 mins to go, of course he's going to put lots of effort in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wouldnt take that cameo as any sort of sample for future performances. Debut in a big match with 10 mins to go, of course he's going to put lots of effort in.
He was always a big game player to be honest

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Cant really blame him with a big pay rise and the scenes today and favourites to win the league now.

Off course everyone here will boo him here next time he plays at the Amex though:D

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The fee. I see it is now being reported as £27 million. Was the £6 million a 'coming on, off the bench' add-on? ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The fee. I see it is now being reported as £27 million. Was the £6 million a 'coming on, off the bench' add-on? ???
Would always like to know exactly what these add ons are for and how much. I assume things like x for champions league qualification this season, next season, x for winning the league, x for appearances - wonder if they ever go for x for goals? I’d imagine most of the clauses get met so people go with the all in figure - like £62m for Cucurella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here