Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see a few of the Arsenal fans are already claiming they 'mugged' us for so little a transfer fee.

Blimey he only played 10 mins - yes he did ok but 'mugged'? I thought the fee was ok in the circumstances.
See what happens if he's on the bench for their next game....

My guess is nothing. Who cares about love if you have money in your pocket?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Let’s not get carried away. He was on for ten minutes against a team playing without any attackers, or as Gary Neville said 4-5-1 “in their own penalty box”. He did ok, carried the ball for few touches then passed, but come on, Locadia would’ve looked ok in those circumstances.
Everyone love a show pony when they are winning. Let’s see what he’s like when he has to help his defence when the chips are down.
He has a lot of talent but not the temperament for us

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
So come 13 May and Trossard scores against us. Does he :

A) All round muted celebration showing respect for his time here

B) Muted towards fans but goes to our bench to give the ' big un' to De Zerbi

C) Gives it large to us, RDZ and specifically to Lallana

Might I suggest it would be unwise to give it large to RDZ as might get a slap! :)

Your thoughts?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Might I suggest it would be unwise to give it large to RDZ as might get a slap! :)

Your thoughts?
D) Show off the massive Graham Potter tattoo he has on his chest

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hope he gets splinters in his arse
No great loss
PL winners medal looking more likely at the moment

Although I didn’t like the way he left, I only wish him well. Was inevitable when no new deal was on the horizon.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I hope he gets splinters in his arse
No great loss
He will. And his agent will “forget” he ever made that comment about three games on the bench.

Good player - cultured even - but only when he wants to. And not going to displace Saka or Martinelli for a starting spot

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
PL winners medal looking more likely at the moment

Although I didn’t like the way he left, I only wish him well. Was inevitable when no new deal was on the horizon.
Do we really know how he 'left', though? Yes we've heard both sides of the story, but I take both with a pinch of salt. If whatever happened was *that* bad, would he and the club have bothered with the 'thank you, goodbye and good luck' videos? I think not.

I know that doesn't suit the narrative on here, social media or the radio or TV if a massive BUST-UP between players and/or the manager, but it wouldn't be the first time a mountain has been made out of a molehill!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Your thoughts?
Probably c, which would be a bit churlish

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Your thoughts?
Maybe he'll celebrate with a monocle rather than the full binoculars?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And not going to displace Saka or Martinelli for a starting spot
Having checked out Trossard twitter and a few Arsenal forums, just to see what they thought of his cameo, the one consistent thing I read was how they think he absolutely should be starting ahead of Martinelli right now.

Clearly their perspective is based on a very short, but bright, cameo, but it does also sound as though Martinelli hasn't been fully at it of late and may appreciate a breather. Like us, their next game is in the Cup (Man City away - good luck with that), so he has to have a good chance of starting there. If he does well, maybe he will earn a spot for their next league game (Everton away).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Farewell Leo, such a great player and I was always waiting for the 'Season of Trossard', in the end we just got half of one perhaps but c'est la vie. Shame how it ended but sometimes that happens. I'm sure he'll do well at Arsenal.

I can see it all from his point of view, three and a half years is a long time for a star player to stay here. Just got three for Bobby first time round, we won't get that long for any of Caicedo, Mac Allister and Mitoma if they keep doing what they're doing.

He went to the World Cup in a team that hoped to challenge for the trophy, it didn't happen and he must have felt really down. He's been one of our best, if not the best, player at Brighton for the past few seasons, but would have looked at Mac celebrating his World Cup win with loads of suitors, have seen Ben White come into the team, then sold on after a year and now heading for a premier league title, seen Cucurella bought, then sold after one season and now playing in the champions league, seen Bissouma playing in the champions league, seen Dan Burn asking for a January move and getting it and now firmly in the top 4, seen the manager who signed him moving on to a champions league club, seen Caicedo virtually be guaranteed a move after little more than a season at Brighton. And for him, back to trying to qualify for a minor European competition and perhaps a cup as a long shot. I can see why he got frustrated and played up, even though I don't justify it.

I think he deserves this amazing new opportunity for him, and when the dust settles I hope and think that he will look back at his time at Brighton fondly and realise he shouldn't have forced the move in the way he did.

And, as an addendum, the way it happened has to be beneficial for us. Sell a star player suddenly could have had negative impacts on how we played, but that move being made proactively by our coach has made us stronger.
Absolutely this.

His hat trick against Liverpool will live on as one of the greatest games in my Albion career for many reasons including was the start of the RDZ era.

No hard feelings. Good luck and I'd rather Arse win the title than the Mancs or Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here