Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Apologies if elsewhere on nsc already, but the main Spurs forum are quoting Trossard’s agent that he’d been working with Tottenham on the move for 2 weeks before Arsenal got interested. Claiming that Tottenham’s “wait, wait, wait” gave Arsenal their chance.

Interesting that Trossard was (secretly) planning to leave at the turn of the year.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Adam Lallana not pulling any punches.

"You only need to look at the last three games without him, I think it’s been 5-1, 4-1 and 3-0,” he told Sky Sports. “So as I said to you earlier, players can leave Brighton but we’ve got enough without them.

“We had enough without [Yves] Bissouma, [Marc] Cucurella, Ben White, Dan Burn, when Neal [Maupay] moved on. So if Leo moves on we’ll cope. We’re coping already.”

Great to hear Lallana talking about this, along with today’s video. Fully on board with a project he wants to see come to fruition (European football), rather than jumping ship like Potter, Cucurella and Trossard. The viewpoint I suppose of a player who’s been there, done it and can now appreciate the pride and value that would come from lifting a club of Albion’s size into the top 6. I hope he can get that perspective across to the rising stars - that right now, something special is happening at the Amex that’s worth being part of. Help persuade them to stay the course and actually achieve something before moving on as bona fide Albion legends.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
No doubt he will find the bench at Arsenal nice and warm...
Maybe not, Arteta has said he is hoping the paperwork is done in time for a start this weekend, and to be fair, although he has clearly been behaving like a child recently and I would rather see him gone than have him disrupt the squad, he has also been pulling class defense's apart all season. On his current form Arsenal are getting a bargain

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Farewell Leo, such a great player and I was always waiting for the 'Season of Trossard', in the end we just got half of one perhaps but c'est la vie. Shame how it ended but sometimes that happens. I'm sure he'll do well at Arsenal.

I can see it all from his point of view, three and a half years is a long time for a star player to stay here. Just got three for Bobby first time round, we won't get that long for any of Caicedo, Mac Allister and Mitoma if they keep doing what they're doing.

He went to the World Cup in a team that hoped to challenge for the trophy, it didn't happen and he must have felt really down. He's been one of our best, if not the best, player at Brighton for the past few seasons, but would have looked at Mac celebrating his World Cup win with loads of suitors, have seen Ben White come into the team, then sold on after a year and now heading for a premier league title, seen Cucurella bought, then sold after one season and now playing in the champions league, seen Bissouma playing in the champions league, seen Dan Burn asking for a January move and getting it and now firmly in the top 4, seen the manager who signed him moving on to a champions league club, seen Caicedo virtually be guaranteed a move after little more than a season at Brighton. And for him, back to trying to qualify for a minor European competition and perhaps a cup as a long shot. I can see why he got frustrated and played up, even though I don't justify it.

I think he deserves this amazing new opportunity for him, and when the dust settles I hope and think that he will look back at his time at Brighton fondly and realise he shouldn't have forced the move in the way he did.

And, as an addendum, the way it happened has to be beneficial for us. Sell a star player suddenly could have had negative impacts on how we played, but that move being made proactively by our coach has made us stronger.

Last edited:

Disappointed he wanted out and have said earlier in this post he WAS my favourite player but I don't want anyone playing for us that isn't committed/doesn't want to. I won't wish him well because of the way he's orchestrated his move. If he's on the bench more than playing then that smacks his 'I don't want to be just sitting on the bench' out the window!🙂🙂

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Disappointing way it ended but I’ll always be grateful for that goal in the sunshine at Spurs which made for a great afternoon and weekend

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just seen all Trossards Arsenal media unveiling photos. God he looks like the cat that got the cream. I bet his bimbo wife wanted him to earn a lot more money so she could go shopping in Harrods more often🙄 A bad situation which shows if you act like a complete tit, you can get what you want
Unnecessary and sexist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here