Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Nonsense. Potter fell out with Ryan and Maupay and Cucurella handed in a transfer request.

My overall feeling on this is surprise at how little we've missed him. Would have been third or fourth name on my teamsheet at the start of the season. But with Mitoma, Sarmiento and now Buonanotte as succession plans I think we can cash in on a want-away 28 year old. I won't give him much grief on his return, he certainly gave us a bit more in terms of service than Marc "one season" Cucurella. Just a shame he seemed to hibernate in mid-winter.
Precisely. If you'd told me in August or September that we'd lose Trossard in January, I'd have considered it to be a disaster. Now I'm somewhat indifferent to it, despite rating Tross highly for a long time.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Think £27m is good business and a decent deal all round for us, Trossard and Arsenal.

He's been a quality player for us, hope he now goes on and gets a league winners medal. We can move on, we've already got a better player in his position now in Mitoma anyway and hopefully we can use some of this money to fund the purchase of another wonderkid.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Must admit when we got to the prem I assumed the days of our best players fking off first opportunity were over.

Worse than its ever been in that regard.

Literally zero chance of entering the top 6 and staying there unless you become the same as the rest with wages ... and even then we'd still be viewed as small

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Please can we spend some of it? We are running out of experienced replacements.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Little disappointed it's only 27m as, pre world cup at least, I think he could have been in the 35-40m bracket with 18 months left. There's not many players Arsenal could buy that cheap with a proven record in the PL. But given the circumstances post world cup, it's probably a good deal all round.

Echoing others on here, shame it ended how it ended, but no lasting animosity from me. Thanks for the goals and memories, good luck except against us. Long live Mitoma.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Shit happens... not everyone gets along with everybody. Perhaps Trossard would fall out with GP as well given the circumstances, perhaps he wouldn't. Perhaps RDZ would be best buddies with Mat Ryan, Florin Andone or Ali Jahanbaksh that didn't like GP, or perhaps not.

No big deal. Bringing up the poor relations in media was a bad decision though as there's little point in telling everyone that relations have broken down (meaning the club will be eager to get rid of the player) since by any logical thinking it makes the club have a pretty poor position in any negotiation with a club that wants to buy him
Not even on NSC?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Must admit when we got to the prem I assumed the days of our best players fking off first opportunity were over.

Worse than its ever been in that regard.

Literally zero chance of entering the top 6 and staying there unless you become the same as the rest with wages ... and even then we'd still be viewed as small
We've had him between the ages of 24 and 28 which could be argued are his prime years (I can't see him getting a lot better now). So it's not as if we are losing him at the first opportunity :shrug:

And we still have AliMac, Mitoma, Pervs, Big Bob, Solly, Webster all in their prime and have certainly had the best years of Lewis and Pascal, together with the best bunch of exciting youngsters ever. It's not all doom and gloom :wink:

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh well, that is a shame, it did not have to end like this, but such is life.

Thanks Leo, your were a pleasure to watch in the blue & white, plenty of happy memories for us all to remember.
Good luck breaking into that team, I am sure you will make an impact.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Please can we spend some of it? We are running out of experienced replacements.

we have a few coming through:

James Beadle - on loan at Crewe Alexandra (league 2);
Aaron Connolly - on loan at Hull City (Championship);
Shane Duffy - on loan to Fulham (PL).
Teddy Jenks - on loan at Crawley (League 2);
Reda Khadra - on loan at Birmingham City (Championship);
Marc Leonard - on loan at Northampton Town (League 2);
Todd Miller - on loan at Doncaster Rovers (League 2, from January 2023)
Taylor Richards - on loan at QPR (Championship);
Haydon Roberts - on loan at Derby (League 1);
Carl Rushworth - on loan at Lincoln City (League 1);
Lorent Tolaj - on loan at Salford City (League 2);
Ed Turns - on loan at Leyton Orient (League 2, from January 2023)
Jensen Weir - on loan at Morecambe (League 1);

Simon Adingra - on loan at USG (Belgian First Division A);
Steven Alzate - on loan at Standard Liege (Belgian First Division A);
Michal Karbownik - on loan at Fortuna Dusseldorf (Bundesliga 2);
Kacper Kozlowski - on loan at Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivise);
Kjel Scherpen - on loan at Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivise);
Abdallah Sima - on loan at Angers (Ligue 1)
Andi Zeqiri - on loan at Basel (Swiss Super League).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here