Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It’s about time these clubs found their own talent rather than keep shopping at BHA. Sick of it, our ‘business model’ aside.
Why would you take a punt on kids from South America or Africa if you can afford to purchase proven Premier League players like Ben White, Gabriel Jesus, Alexandr Zinchenko, Aaron Ramsdale that go on to help make you a table-topping side?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I can’t wish any player joining Arsenal good luck, really hope they get overhauled in their title challenge too. Arsenal, everyone’s favourite first or second club in Sussex, Surrey, Hants, Kent etc. It’s about time these clubs found their own talent rather than keep shopping at BHA. Sick of it, our ‘business model’ aside.

We should change our name to British Home Albion.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Publically stating you'd leave your club for another when you have 18 months left IS unusual.

Post-World Cup? Simply pee'd off and demotivated.

Hope he gets games at Arsenal. Just reminded of this...

“I know Leandro: bench him three times and he goes wild.” - Josy Comhair, Leandro Trossard’s agent.
"I know Roberto, train or play badly for him three times and he'll bench you" (even if you're an effing international and senior squad player).
Go, de Zerbi 👍👍

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Shit happens... not everyone gets along with everybody. Perhaps Trossard would fall out with GP as well given the circumstances, perhaps he wouldn't. Perhaps RDZ would be best buddies with Mat Ryan, Florin Andone or Ali Jahanbaksh that didn't like GP, or perhaps not.

No big deal. Bringing up the poor relations in media was a bad decision though as there's little point in telling everyone that relations have broken down (meaning the club will be eager to get rid of the player) since by any logical thinking it makes the club have a pretty poor position in any negotiation with a club that wants to buy him.
There you go, putting GP down again. He never fell out with Ali :wink:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Anyone speculating about a fall out, as an accidental event, I think, is wide of the mark. I'd guess his agent has said right mate, WC is out of the way, this is the plan to get someone to kick your @rse and then you react in this way, boom, they get rid now (I get my fee) and you get a move, bosh!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It's crazy. It's a great signing. He makes a difference, he's a match winner. He will undoubtedly contribute off the bench and if he starts. Supporters of the big teams are nuts. They're literally on the verge of winning the league. That seemed impossible at the begining of the season. Every pundit has said 'they need more strength in depth'. They're signing a proving goal scorer and match winner and the still find something to moan about!
Somedays I think I wouldn't want us to end up as a big 6 team... we'd all become unbearably, entitled twats. One PL and CL win and then slip back into mid table so we've got teams to chase each year. That would be fine for me.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Who would you rather win the title then? I've no allegiance to Arsenal, but I would rather see them win than anyone else because loads of people said they wouldn't. Also a bit because Ben White (even though the bucket-botherer made him the player he was) is a product of our club. On a related note to that, I've no issue who buys Brighton's players – I doubt the hierarchy of the club does, either – as long as we get the 'right' money for them.

As for the business model – it's doing exactly what you describe (and what it is designed to do): provide players with a platform to develop and showcase their talents, before being sold on for a large profit. If other clubs looked for their own talent (i.e. the players we are bringing through), the BHAFC is missing out – from a financial and a quality player point of view :shrug:

I was all in favour of them out of what else was on show until the shitouse around them supporting goals on NYE. Maybe they were showing respect given the number of times we have beat them recently....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyone speculating about a fall out, as an accidental event, I think, is wide of the mark. I'd guess his agent has said right mate, WC is out of the way, this is the plan to get someone to kick your @rse and then you react in this way, boom, they get rid now (I get my fee) and you get a move, bosh!
Or maybe RDZ was in on the whole thing? He mentioned him a LOT since he arrived, saying he could play better, etc – even after a hattrick at Anfield. It could be a cleverly orchestrated move from the club as a whole to maximise his value, let him move on and re-invest in the 'next Trossard'...

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Publically stating you'd leave your club for another when you have 18 months left IS unusual.
That comment, was taken out of context and blown all out of proportion IMO - If you were to ask me if I won the lottery would I move to a luxury house in Belgravia, I would say yes but that does not mean I want to sell my house now and go live in Belgravia this month! I think what happened was this:

What Trossard said originally was to a Flemish Newspaper in September in a discussion about Graham Potter leaving, when he was asked directly whether he would ‘now follow Potter’ and his reply was:

"Our coach did leave for Chelsea now but speculation about me following him makes no sense," he explained.
"If the opportunity arises, I want to go. But I want to play and not sit on the bench."

It then got bounced and interpreted as Trossard has said he wants to leave Brighton for Chelsea! All this also took place in the context of a highly charged environment where Chelsea had poached our backroom staff and already had Cucu - and rumours were flying that Potter would come back in January with a shopping list.

Its not unusual for it to be “let known” or “rumoured” that players are considering moving once they get into the 18 month countdown and that’s when agents start ‘talking up’ the player too.

Bissouma was ‘apparently’ being targeted back in January 2022 by AV as he entered the final 18 months on his contract and as early as Dec 2021, his agent, Michael N’Cho were claiming interests from Liverpool. It’s pretty typical for agents to do this, all the while the owning club sits back, resolutely sticking to the line that their player is ‘happy at the club’ that there are ‘no offers’ from other clubs whilst knowing full well, when agents are actually leaking statements that other clubs are interested, talking the ‘player up‘, hinting clubs player ‘might’ be interested ’if’ offers came in means they are benefiting by the market value being sustained or even inflated by the Agent’s behaviour for a contract that’s devaluing as it winds down - all part of the word ‘game’ imo and everyone is ’in on it’.

I’m not prepared to characterise therefore, either the player as having a just a childish hissy fit because he wanted to move on from Brighton to a Big 6 Club, (so now deserves to be now thrown out with the bath water) or, arguably the best manager imo that Brighton has ever had, as lacking ‘management skills’ because he ‘fell out with Tross’ as some NSCers are suggesting.

They both deserve more respect than that IMO from Brighton fans and hope they get it.

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Annoying that it's all ended so publicly, considering it's a good move for him (even though he will likely be a squad player), that it was our last real chance to make a decent profit on him given his age & contract situation and that he's been a good player for us. I'm sure most of us would have wished him well if this had all been done behind closed doors but ho hum, he obviously isn't particularly bothered about his legacy with us, so whatever. Footballers & agents just doing what they do.

When I said we need a 'replacement' earlier, maybe not a like for like one as Mitoma is obviously superior, but we certainly need another option who can play across the front three before the window SLAMS shut IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here