Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Makes me feel quite proud and so refreshing for a football manager, our manager, to publicly say if you don't train 100% and give 100% in a match you don't play in his team. Would like Tross to come back, cap in hand and apologise then knuckle down, if not then gone by next week. As others have said we are in a strong position with others squad members jockeying for game time and the ability to dip into the transfer market if required.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Breaking news gonna be transfrer listed. On Radio 5 saying he insulted RDZ in front of other players

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Shame given Trossard's ability but seems likely given what RDZ demands and what Trossard wants for himself.

Agent and Trossard absolutely mornic to think they can write a contradictory statement (no contact for weeks?) and move on to better things. Enjoy sitting on the bench for Spurs or Athletico Leo whose manager's will think less of you than RDZ does and will lose their jobs pretty soon too.

When are people going to learn that it's us Brighton who have given these players (and managers, coaches, scouts cough cough) the platform to progress. Our club, facilities, coaches etc. He's got better for us in these last 3 years because we've allowed him to be shit every now and then but keep starting. Wouldn't happen at a 'Billy Big Bollocks' club. Enjoy a bit more money Leo but RDZ's first game is where you peaked.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Evening standard article says we exercised option already. Is that accurate??

"Contracts talks between Trossard and Brighton over a new long-term deal are understood to have broken down before the World Cup, with the former Genk player indicating he was ready for a new challenge. The club has since triggered a one-year option to keep him tied down until summer 2024."

If it is, then its pretty obvious all this bolshy behaviour, going on a quasi strike and then the BS about the calf (coming from the player), is all his reaction at being stopped from walking on a free in a few months.

Would be great to know if the club has already exercised the option, kind of makes the cause and effect add up.
I had in mind that the exercising of the option is like in Vicente's case entirely down to the club and just a case of them confirming they are exercising it I vaguely recall Vicente not being particularly happy at this

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Makes me feel quite proud and so refreshing for a football manager, our manager, to publicly say if you don't train 100% and give 100% in a match you don't play in his team. Would like Tross to come back, cap in hand and apologise then knuckle down, if not then gone by next week. As others have said we are in a strong position with others squad members jockeying for game time and the ability to dip into the transfer market if required.
I think that is because he is backed by PB who in turn, is backed by TB, who in turn is backed by me and 99% of all the other ST holders at the Amex (and so on, and so on)

As they say, Football is an easy game when you're all on the same side going in the same direction :wink:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Anyhoo. Once it's all played out, and he gets the extra 20k a week to watch Jonjo Shelvey from the bench, I hope we do dip our toes in the transfer waters and spend the income this January. We are told every player has a succession planned, I'd like to see the next Pervis pulled out of the hat for a bit of Fresh blood this season.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Trossard is an absolute disgrace. Not sad that he wants to leave, very disappointed in how he's gone about it. Very poorly advised, but we don't want characters like that around the club.

He was very inconsistent when he joined us, and really, has only shown what he's capable of towards the end of last season and beginning of this. He's not a top 4 player, he's not consistent enough.

We got our money worth out of him. Get rid, scumbag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here