Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The sad thing is that he has the skills to have played every game for the Albion but not, apparently, the ability to apply himself. Just another naturally talented player who, for whatever reasons, never maximised their inherent ability.

Let's just hope we get a few quid despite his and his agent's best efforts to take his career in the opposite direction :shrug:
And your first sentence is pretty much what RDZ said on his arrival, adding that Leo was good enough to score a shitload of goals in his career.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I remember in one RDZ first training sessions. The club do a 2 min video of Crofts taking a session, he had a pop at Leo, I’m going to paraphrase here ‘if your not going to work Leo, the group will have to do your work for you.’ Not sure why they kept it in but it didn’t sound like it was said in jest! Make of that what you will.
He must draw on the bags under his eyes!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I may be in minority but I dont think media is place for a manager to be bringing up a players lack of effort. Should be dealt with in house. If player leaves that is time to disclose if he wants to. If manager comes out with a statement like that I am sure any player or there agent would respond.
I know what you mean, I initially thought the same, but, as others have suggested, the manager could have been acting as part of the club in this case; who knows!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A part-exchange that includes Colwill signing permanently for us would suit me.
Although I'm not sure that Potter would want him. If he wants a prima donna he already has one in Auba.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Which clubs do we consider direct rivals in a transfer sense these days?

Could see a lower fee (in reason) being agreed if he goes overseas

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I love Trossard... one of our best players... but it's not looking great for him if he's fallen out with the manager.

Hopefully they can sort this out. Never considered Leandro to have a bad attitude in his time here.

Perhaps he just wants to leave. Thankfully we are in a position now where we would be fine without him, but he still would be sorely missed.

Fans need to continue to get behind him, no childish booing or anything like that please. We want him to remain an Albion player.
Get behind a player who refused to sign a new deal had a strop and went without permission to Beligium :shrug: players come and go no big deal.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Send him on loan to USG. He might win some silverware in the cup.
Seriously, don't think his recent performances have been helped by asking him to play pretty much up top on his own?
Up front on his own like he did V Chelsea and was absolutely brilliant? He's been awful since the WC because of his attitude I'd suggest.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I may be in minority but I dont think media is place for a manager to be bringing up a players lack of effort. Should be dealt with in house. If player leaves that is time to disclose if he wants to. If manager comes out with a statement like that I am sure any player or there agent would respond.
So what is the manager meant to say when asked why he is not in the team? Nah, these players are highly paid professionals and should act accordingly. Shows RDZ has a lot more about him then maybe his predecessor did. No one is bigger than the club!

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
The key part of that statement to me is "both parties could not reach an agreement, also because Leandro has indicated that he is ready for the next step."

He made up his mind before the WC that he was leaving.
The whole statement is pathetic. It literally contradicts itself on the first line. We've all written those emails where we have to admit something but also try and muddy the water so we don't take the blame at the same time. It's so transparent. Well they got what they wanted. Cause a bit of shìt, so that they can throw their hands in the air and demand that there is no resolution and throw in a bit of faux outrage as a smokescreen.

Forget all that, when someone starts being a bell and gets his 'people' to get the statements out, it's time to go. No hesitation and no faffing. Just get shut and move on.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I just hope the rest of the squad have not been distracted by this little soap opera. I guess it depends on how popular he was.
I thought that too. Think they will respect Lalanna more given his leadership role and what he's achieved Versus Leo. Never seem massive camaraderie with him and the other players but hope they're in agreement with RDZ. Shame.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
because it hadn’t been triggered back in October, he was still out of contract by this summer then.

more recent sources do - I just posted those earlier Atletico interests from October to show that they were hoping to get Tross on a Bosman

Later sources say it’s now been triggered

So either Atleti thought we wouldn't trigger our option (which would make them very dumb) or the 'sources' were BS and unaware of the one year option.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So either Atleti thought we wouldn't trigger are option (which would make them very dumb) or the 'sources' were BS and unaware of the one year option.
The good thing in all of this, assuming the club have excercised the option as reported (causing the toys out of the pram reaction)........ is that with 18 months left, the power and control fully rests with Tony Bloom.

Hes got form for playing hardball when he chooses, and as much as the player doth protest, he cant do zip unless Bloom sanctions it.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
So either Atleti thought we wouldn't trigger are option (which would make them very dumb) or the 'sources' were BS and unaware of the one year option.
Extension clauses are very common in football contracts so unlikely Madrid would be completely ’unaware’ and it would not have been triggered until a certain date/time spent on the existing contract so perhaps they hoped it wouldn’t be -? but guess it depends what the ‘discussions’ if any, were, that Tross’s agent had with them back in October. But no, as I stated previously, Brighton have more business sense than to let their star goal scorer (at the time) risk leaving on a Bosman - which might explain Tross’s moods/attitude now tbh - it didnt stop Madrid from asking though allegedly .

It’s all BS until it happens 👍

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here