[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He doesn’t have to “engineer “ a move. Club aren’t going to let him go on a free next year and publicly make great play on his they don’t stand on way of transfers (but they will push hard on fee). The best way of getting the move/fee all sides want is to play and recapture his early season form.
This. Leo is being a tit (if the tweet tonight posted on another thread is correct) because you don't piss about with Roberto. And he won't stink the place out - he won't be there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It might be bollocks but if true i'll never understand why players do this. If anything its going to turn other teams off from buying him. He'd be so much better playing saturday, scoring some goals, and showing teams what he can do.

He's 29 this year, we'll want a decent fee, and he's probably not quite good enough to be a guaranteed starting 11 player for top sides, so its not like the list of teams wanting him was endless. This behaviour will just shorten the list. Right now in terms of Prem teams his options are Spurs bench, or squad rotation as Newcastle. Nobody else will go for him.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'd personally be gutted to see Tross leave. None of us really know why there is an issue right now but i would sincerely hope that we (the club) are trying to help him find the right mindset again.
If he is set on leaving then fair enough and lets command the fee that TB feels appropriate. Id like to keep him until the end of the season though because if and its a big IF we can secure European football, he may have a change of heart.
This - Great post - sums up my sentiments too.

IMO - any player being approached by several bigger clubs are going to get it in their head at some point that they are ‘too good’ for this Club, that’s the nightmare impact of transfer windows even if offer’s aren’t accepted - or the player has no thought of going in the current window. I can’t imagine anything that could throw a player more off his game than once the interests start coming hard and fast in the run up to a window and possibly even more so if those offers get turned down as quickly as they come in - it’s called being human.

Also - When you look at the young talent De Zerbi is bringing into the team, Tross not being able to give 100% is put into better perspective- a year ago, that might have been an playable option, under De Zerbi it’s not - just another sign to me that the standards and demands are getting higher as we progress.

Tross has been a star player for us and I would be sad to see his time at Brighton come to an end amidst a barrage of negative tittle tattle on social media.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It might be bollocks but if true i'll never understand why players do this. If anything its going to turn other teams off from buying him. He'd be so much better playing saturday, scoring some goals, and showing teams what he can do.

He's 29 this year, we'll want a decent fee, and he's probably not quite good enough to be a guaranteed starting 11 player for top sides, so its not like the list of teams wanting him was endless. This behaviour will just shorten the list. Right now in terms of Prem teams his options are Spurs bench, or squad rotation as Newcastle. Nobody else will go for him.
There’s probably been interest and definitely his agent talking to clubs for a while. So he’ll be sorted anyway, probably get a 50% pay rise and a nice new long contract.

Sadly predictable to happen since the summer and no sign of a new agreement with us

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The difference between now and earlier in the season is that Mitoma is the clear successor to Tross on the left side, while the emergence of Ferguson means that we have other options when Welbeck is unfit. Sarmiento and Moran also duplicate the Trossard roles to some extent. He's more expendable now, so if he wants to play silly buggers instead of getting his head down, let him.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I might be wrong but the way I see it is that Leo probably had this big plan in his head that with Hazard featuring less for Belgium in recent years, the World Cup was this shop window moment where he could be one of the main men & really shine, and off the back of that might earn a top club move in January or the summer. But because of Belgium's poor performances it never really happened for him, & now he's faced with the idea of not garnering much interest from top clubs & his career may not progress in the way he had hoped. It doesnt necessarily mean he dislikes being at Brighton but it certainly would effect your motivation and give you a lot to think about. The problem is it seems he's now taken the sulky teenager attitude when not getting something you want & its effected his play, enthusiasm, and body language. Off the back of this RDZ has most likely thought that he doesnt want this to infect the rest of the squad, & so has isolated him in some way. Leo would do much better by shaking off that World Cup disappointment, putting in some good performances and seeing what happens come summer. If he did that, helped us with another top half finish, and then a big team came in for him i'd think we wouldnt begrudge him the move.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's so annoying when it (what looks like) ends like this. Not for one second do I begrudge a player informing the club they would be interested in a move if it was possible. The contract is there and has to be honoured but actually if a player is honest and up front with a club and says "look, my contract is up in 1.5/2 years and I'd rather tell you now I am hugely unlikely to sign a new one" then absolutely fair enough. You've given the club enough time to try and source a fee for you before you can leave for free.

But the moment you start being a sulky idiot and not fulfilling the terms of your current contract? Nah, too far.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'd imagine De Zerbi doesn't suffer those that don't put 100% in all the time. It appears Trossard has isolated himself from the team for his own gain, De Zerbi has honeyed that by distancing him from training.

Never mind in years to come he'll just be another player who gets the odd mention in threads about ex-players.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Alex Crooks has tweeted we’ve turned a deal down from an unnamed European club (my gut feeling is it’s Atletico).

If he’s thrown his toys out of the pram over that, then I’m fearing it’s going to become a saga very much like Cucu’s exit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are we sure he’s training what with his calf injury ?

el punal

Assuming that he’s unhappy with his situation, for whatever reason, surely he needs to face up to reality. He is regarded widely as a damn good footballer and up to now sought after by a number of clubs. If the problem is his attitude - I’m assuming RDZ has pinpointed that and as such dropped him - then he really needs to step up and show a bit of backbone. There may also be a confidence issue here so a friendly arm around the shoulder might work - or the kick up the arse, which seems to be the tactic at the moment. Whatever, if Trossard wants to progress, either with the Albion or another club, his best bet is to knuckle down and show us all how good he is. Toys thrown out of the pram is not his best option in the circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports