Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As difficult as it is, I accept that players will come and go and – regardless of if they are with us for one season or 10 – they are, to an extent, just another employee in a business. It comes as no surprise when players move on – disappointment, yes – especially if they are striving to be the best they can and prove themselves on the biggest stages. As a slight aside, it does make me laugh that some people are slagging off Trossard for not being good enough at the same time as 'big' clubs are sniffing around him because they, presumably, think the opposite!

Recent changes of personnel (on and off the field) have proven that the main people at the club know what they are doing and will, most of the time, make the right decision and negotiate the 'right' prices. In other words, in some respects, I'm already looking forward to Trossard's replacement! :lol:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Wouldn’t it be amazing if someone who stopped being an automatic pick for us went to a “big club” and was an auto pick.

That said…where would this be?

Liverpool? No chance. Gakpo, salah, salah, jota, Firmino, Diaz

Chelsea? Possibly link with potter again but with sterling, mount, Ziyech, abam, pulicic they have plenty of players who can do similar to tross.

City? Nope. Foden isn’t even an auto pick

Arsenal? Pretty sure saka, martinelli and Martin O are the main attacking weapons apart from strikers. They also want that Ukrainian chap.

Man U - they already have Anthony who can be brilliant one in six. Rashford, martial, Sancho, eriksen etc.

Spurs - obviously Kane, kulesevski, son. Richarlison ahead of him.

Newcastle - I guess it is them then. They need more attackers. Link with ashworth. He would get paid loads but not sure he starts over Almiron, st max, Wilson, Izak.

Gone (for now) are the days when leaving us to West Ham, Leicester, Everton, Villa would be an obvious step up. More wages? Sure, but not better club.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’m actually confident we could cope without him now if needed.

Wouldn’t have said that at the beginning of the season but “it is what it is”

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
As long as he doesn't go on a free at the end of his contract, I don't mind. He feels he needs to make a step up and is in his prime, and that's perfectly reasonable. Going to Villa or somewhere for more cash isn't exactly taking the next step but I'm sure someone will come in for him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Brilliant when he wants to be, but is only ever in flashes and generally at the beginning and the end of the season.

If he is making it clear he wants out and isn’t going to sign a new contract he can be a squad player for the rest of the season.

Not saying I blame him for wanting to move on and test himself at a higher level if he feels he is capable, I just don’t think he is consistent enough to achieve that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wouldn’t it be amazing if someone who stopped being an automatic pick for us went to a “big club” and was an auto pick.

That said…where would this be?

Liverpool? No chance. Gakpo, salah, salah, jota, Firmino, Diaz

Chelsea? Possibly link with potter again but with sterling, mount, Ziyech, abam, pulicic they have plenty of players who can do similar to tross.

City? Nope. Foden isn’t even an auto pick

Arsenal? Pretty sure saka, martinelli and Martin O are the main attacking weapons apart from strikers. They also want that Ukrainian chap.

Man U - they already have Anthony who can be brilliant one in six. Rashford, martial, Sancho, eriksen etc.

Spurs - obviously Kane, kulesevski, son. Richarlison ahead of him.

Newcastle - I guess it is them then. They need more attackers. Link with ashworth. He would get paid loads but not sure he starts over Almiron, st max, Wilson, Izak.

Gone (for now) are the days when leaving us to West Ham, Leicester, Everton, Villa would be an obvious step up. More wages? Sure, but not better club.
There's some countries outside your island as well, which I think is probably the most likely outcome for Tross.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think we'd miss him. Since the world cup a Lot of posts seem to forget how good he is for us .

Pre world cup he had found consistency and 7 goals in 16 games is testament to that. Often being the best player on the pitch .

He can be a true match winner and I wouldn't want to lose this from the squad. You'd probably have to pay a hell of a lot of money for a like for like replacement.

It would be our loss and someone elses gain.

team Trossard !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just read on twitter suggestion he's rejected a number of contract extension offers now.

Feels a bit like the last few months before Bissouma went to me now. A few months ago I'd be really worried about Trossard leaving - now I'm at peace with it.

Same happened with Bissouma's leaving also, shows how much we keep evolving and progressing. Such a well-run club.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Wouldn’t be too upset if he went now for a respectable fee if he wants out but preference would be overseas

Bundesliga with champions league maybe an option

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Just read on twitter suggestion he's rejected a number of contract extension offers now.

Feels a bit like the last few months before Bissouma went to me now. A few months ago I'd be really worried about Trossard leaving - now I'm at peace with it.

Same happened with Bissouma's leaving also, shows how much we keep evolving and progressing. Such a well-run club.
Would be gutted if there’s any truth in this

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fair point. But who could afford him?
18 months left on his contract, not particularly young, bit of a discount for not moving to a rival club... Don't think the club would ask for more than £20-25m at this point, which is rather hefty outside of England but not beyond imaginations. Inter or Milan could probably afford him (and he'd be a starter or close to it in those clubs), some French clubs, maybe Atletico Madrid/Sevilla in Spain... Ajax would probably also be a very likely destination, they have absurd money and sometimes sign classy older Benelux-stars despite their general philosophy to go with the youth.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Would be gutted if there’s any truth in this
Exactly that, if it's true.

He's not really shown any form of late though and I'm sure that's been noticed elsewhere. He wasn't very good at the WC and has had a number of poor games for us. He doesn't appear to be very happy.

Until Mitoma has secured a regular start he was one of the main stays, that's not the case now and makes you wonder if he is one of those players that finds it hard to fight for his place.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Exactly that, if it's true.

He's not really shown any form of late though and I'm sure that's been noticed elsewhere. He wasn't very good at the WC and has had a number of poor games for us. He doesn't appear to be very happy.
If he can’t be happy playing for a top ten PL team that’s pushing not sure what he wants for someone of his capabilities. Good player but very inconsistent.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If he can’t be happy playing for a top ten PL team that’s pushing not sure what he wants for someone of his capabilities. Good player but very inconsistent.
Indeed.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

C'est la vie. A motivated Trossard is a very big asset for us. A sulking one - not so much. Not convinced he will get anything other than more money and less playing time elsewhere and the hints were there with Cucu and Biss as bigger teamss fans aren't as patient but his choice. And Mitoma is a perfect replacement if we can get another good front man in. Moder and Encisco can play the inside forward if required although not sure about the False Nine. But a replacement for Undav with Ferguson and Welbeck should mean we don't need a False 9 and just need players who are adept at both wing play and cutting in to fit our system. And Sarmiento could well step up with more regular time in that position.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If he can't consistently shine in this EPL big shop window, then he's a little bit stuffed for options really. The only way forward would appear to be down :wave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess Trossard is the book balancing transfer I would be least bothered about leaving.

That's not only doing him a huge disservice, but proving once again this current squad is at a level we're probably not entitled too!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
18 months left on his contract, not particularly young, bit of a discount for not moving to a rival club... Don't think the club would ask for more than £20-25m at this point, which is rather hefty outside of England but not beyond imaginations. Inter or Milan could probably afford him (and he'd be a starter or close to it in those clubs), some French clubs, maybe Atletico Madrid/Sevilla in Spain... Ajax would probably also be a very likely destination, they have absurd money and sometimes sign classy older Benelux-stars despite their general philosophy to go with the youth.
I suspect we would want 30 odd to sell but for that money I reckon the clubs you mention would want younger players. My guess is that he ends up staying 18 months and maybe leaves on a free. Time will tell.

I will miss him though because on his day he is top class. Sadly he NBA’s quite long spells when he is not on his day. Quality player though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here