Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Im just not sure which club ticks all the boxes for this transfer to happen. From the players point of view he'd want it to be to a top club where he has a chance of winning something, and he'd want to be in the starting 11. But for most top clubs Trossard is probably a bench or squad rotation player, and who is going to pay the £35/40m we'd want for a 28 year old player that will inevitably spend a lot of time on the bench. Maybe the club that most fits is Newcastle, but even they already have Almiron, Isak, Saint Maximin, Guimaras, Wilson, Willock, and Wood as attacking options and if they're to sign someone new they might fancy someone younger than Trossard. Chelsea have also been mentioned but they seem to have set their sights on bigger targets.

So if in January we'd want £35/40m for him then i'd think there's minimal serious interest at that price, except maybe from Newcastle, but if that doesnt materialise then either he signs a new contract with us, or the situation is revisited in the summer and there might be more interest at nearer £20m because he's going the final year of his contract.

Jimmy Grimble

Has anyone got the stats on his goals in winter against goals in spring/summer/early Autumn?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He went to the world cup one player, and came back another. Whether his confidence is shot from a poor Belgium showing or he has started to believe his agents hype, I don't know.....
I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench tonight, he currently looks 'out of sorts'
He absolutely should be on the bench. Ferguson/Welbeck should be leading the line, and on current form he is not as good as March or Mitoma for a position out wide.

Might do him some good, phsically and mentally, to have a rest as well.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He went to the world cup one player, and came back another. Whether his confidence is shot from a poor Belgium showing or he has started to believe his agents hype, I don't know.....
I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench tonight, he currently looks 'out of sorts'
Being coached by that fraud Martinez for a month will probably do that. If ever a coach took wine and turned it into water it was him.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think his best position is as the central player behind Welbeck, in a number ten role if you will. Maybe if Lallana gets a rest tonight and Ferguson starts he could get a run-out there at Goodison. But for all that we've been saying he doesn't like the lone striker role, he did pretty well there against Chelsea ...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Makes sense, not sure it will help his apparent ‘attitude’ at the moment but need to protect his value. Can see him going in the summer regardless , Bissouma style
What attitude ? he is just going through a quite spell, it is what he and most players do.
He's a grown man and not stupid, I doubt he will have the hump because we take out the extra year option, he signed the last contract and would not have if he was not happy with it or know the consequences.

Nothing to see here, he ain't going nowhere this winter, and I doubt they will be queuing up in the summer either, unless he wants to show what he can do, and even then it is win for both club and player.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For whatever reason Tross struggles when its colder
Make of this what you will. 21 goals in the March to October period. 5 in the sort of winter we have now.

Trossard.png

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I think his best position is as the central player behind Welbeck, in a number ten role if you will. Maybe if Lallana gets a rest tonight and Ferguson starts he could get a run-out there at Goodison. But for all that we've been saying he doesn't like the lone striker role, he did pretty well there against Chelsea ...
well yes because he is a player good enough to punish defences when they make mistakes, like chelsea did (specifically Silva for both of Leo's big chances). still struggles against large, strong centre halfs when he's up there on his own

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Managed to miraculously stop sulking and raise his game when the chance of a World Cup place was up for grabs. Maybe he'll do the same during the January transfer window? The comedown in February if he's still here could be brutal tho

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think a transfer outside the PL would be the most likely in the summer. Atletico/Milan/Inter/Juventus/Sevilla maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here