Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lawro's predicitons

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why, oh why .... I was so hoping he'd go 0 - 4 or something similar, bugger, that's that then.

..... No weariness from club European football.
Thats probably what did them in in 2017 after winning the title the previous year. Burnley suffered the same last year in the Europa league. Ive seen a few of their game highlights this year and i think that preety much any of their thoughts matchday squad could be starters which gives them a bit of an edge, wheread i doubt any Albion fan would admit that everyone of our matchday squad would be automatic starters.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Top three transfers “ in” this week on Fantasy Football are all Leicester players :ohmy:

The country clearly expects a defeat for the Albion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wow, someone’s got to that bloke. Talk about a volte-face. Not in a million could you have predicted that from him,

He's not entirely alone. Charlie Nicholas was doing his 'Super6' predictions on SSN this afternoon. The presenter came up with the usual guff (I'll paraphrase - no way can I remember the exact words - but I'll convey the gist pretty accurately) - "Rodgers doing a superb job at Leicester, Vardy in the form of his life, Leicester looking unstoppable. Only one way this will go, eh?"
"No" said Nicholas, "Not necessarily - Potter is doing a good job at Brighton too, and they've been scoring 2 or 3 goals a game at home" (OK, Charlie, not quite, but we'll forgive you!) He predicted 2-2.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Liverpool 1/4 with the bookies, so anyone who predicts a Liverpool win is on moderately safe ground...

Goes against everything Potter stands for, but a Hughton 'bus-park' would be the ugly way to get a point. I think if we start flowing forward we'll get caught with our trousers down and our willies out. :down:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool 1/4 with the bookies, so anyone who predicts a Liverpool win is on moderately safe ground...

Goes against everything Potter stands for, but a Hughton 'bus-park' would be the ugly way to get a point. I think if we start flowing forward we'll get caught with our trousers down and our willies out. :down:

A Hughton park the bus set up is likely to end up with a defeat as well though but yes we are likely to lose by more, maybe much more, if we go toe to toe. BUT one day we are going to take a top team apart with the way we play away from home now. Also we are unlikely to want to stab somebody in frustration and anger (this may be just me btw) whilst watching us stick everyone behind the ball and wait for the inevitable. It may be just me but I prefer an entertaining defeat over a backs to the wall one :shrug:

Contradicting everything I’ve just said....we would be better sticking everyone behind the ball in this game :shrug:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
A Hughton park the bus set up is likely to end up with a defeat as well though but yes we are likely to lose by more, maybe much more, if we go toe to toe. BUT one day we are going to take a top team apart with the way we play away from home now. Also we are unlikely to want to stab somebody in frustration and anger (this may be just me btw) whilst watching us stick everyone behind the ball and wait for the inevitable. It may be just me but I prefer an entertaining defeat over a backs to the wall one :shrug:

Contradicting everything I’ve just said....we would be better sticking everyone behind the ball in this game :shrug:

Your reply was exactly the thoughts which inspired my post in the first place. :laugh:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Yes we need to park the bus, effectively, but also have some sort of plan to break with pace and create. Easier said than done but it is what needs to be done. Leicester invite teams on and destroy them on the break

If we look to attack and look to outplay them... well.. we are likely to be made to look dumb.

Fingers crossed we can stay in the game for a while. I do not want us 2 down after 20 minutes !!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Well if you are flowing forward your willie normally is out.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lawro going for 2-0 to Arsenal on Thursday

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Bounce

lawro.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here