Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lawro, don't you just hate him?

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I have no inside knowledge of this but I seem to remember they're contractually only allowed to show around 10 mins of highlights per game? Which leaves an awful lot of time to fill on MOTD2 if there's only one Sunday match. Personally I find the roundup of Saturday's games quite useful - whenever I watch MOTD live I find myself dropping off by about the middle of game four and wake up about five minutes before the end.
That makes a lot of sense, I tend to watch a recording
on Sunday first thing, remote in hand zipping through the chatter.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
He was a great player for us but that doesn't change the fact that for most of the time since he left us he has virtually been in denial about us!

This big time! Of course we all know that it relates to an alleged off the field "incident" to which we best not speculate on for fear of legal action ;)

Green Man

Dec 22, 2014
BN2
That makes a lot of sense, I tend to watch a recording
on Sunday first thing, remote in hand zipping through the chatter.

Alternatively I try to watch it after getting back from the pub on Saturday night with much the same result in terms of crashing out halfway through. Dunno if Lawro's been permanently banished to MOTD2 these days but his 'jokes' never seem any funnier however pished you are.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
He always looks to me as if he has spent the week dossing down the park ,and then saunters to the studios at the weekend for a catch up .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He always has been mostly a Liverpool player who ignores the rest of his previous career.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Short memories some people. Not only the best player to have played for us since Charlie Web in that he actually has won something and was good with us but he also came down to speak up for us on a TV debate about the Albion after Archer had sold the Goldstone. Short short memories.

So why is he so down on us ,and i havnt got a short mem

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't you just feel his passion & enthusiasm giving us our medals at Withdean?

williams-lawrenson.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Him and John Hartson can go suck on a mouldy old plum

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
BBC Sport this morning, Lawro compares Bournemouth to Brighton's debut in the top flight.

I had thought the same, but it is good to hear it confirmed by someone playing at the time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've chatted with him a few times when at the BBC talking my FFP bollocks, and he always speaks highly of his time at the Albion and has fond memories of the place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here