Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lawro, don't you just hate him?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No, I don't. Aside from giving me some of my best memories of the Albion..... how anyone can moan about any ex-player who openly supported us during the dark days is beyond me. People have short memories or are too young to remember... or are newbies to the club.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Yep I 100% agree, I only have fond memories of Lawro and in a grumpy old man way is pretty funny actually when I see him on the telly.

No, I don't. Aside from giving me some of my best memories of the Albion..... how anyone can moan about any ex-player who openly supported us during the dark days is beyond me. People have short memories or are too young to remember... or are newbies to the club.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To be honest every time I get asked if we go up, I will say I'm not sure, there is too long to go. We have done ****ing well, but thats not to say it will continue, thats the same for each and every club in and around the top. Look at Derby last season. Should have walked the league but ****ed it.

If everytime you are asked do you think we will go up you say yes, then I think you are more than a little naive.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
The only amazing thing about this is that anyone manages to hear the last ten seconds of MOTD2, I struggle to understand why they reduce the length of highlights for pundits to drone on endlessly on MOTD let alone to rehash all the games Sunday night on MOTD2, unless everyone watches it rather than the dronefest on Saturday nights?

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
The only amazing thing about this is that anyone manages to hear the last ten seconds of MOTD2, I struggle to understand why they reduce the length of highlights for pundits to drone on endlessly on MOTD let alone to rehash all the games Sunday night on MOTD2, unless everyone watches it rather than the dronefest on Saturday nights?

I recall him walking in front of the Brighton fans at Anfield in the Fa Cup tie up there .... not one flicker of recognition from the Albion faithful .... Gary Dicker on the other hand got a load of adulation ...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I've said it many times before: find me one person, anyone, anywhere, who, during or after watching a game, sits and thinks to themselves "Well, that was great. But I really can't wait to find out what Mark Lawrenson thought about it. That's what I want to know right now: what did Lawro make of all that?". That person doesn't exist.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He wasn't wrong, we are having a great season at the moment, hope I can say that in May too!

9 Mark Lawrenson's, 1 Peter Ward and I don't really care about the keeper, maybe Stockers, European Champions!!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Lawrenson has nothing left in his heart for the Albion. I don't remember him ever really saying anything about us with any affection. Who cares though - we have Zamora!!

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I was quite surprised to hear him say that. I had to rewind to verify what he said. He obviously thinks we will drop off the pace before too long. It's completely fair enough for him to have that opinion - its what he thinks. Hopefully we can prove him wrong.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was quite surprised to hear him say that. I had to rewind to verify what he said. He obviously thinks we will drop off the pace before too long. It's completely fair enough for him to have that opinion - its what he thinks. Hopefully we can prove him wrong.

I would have thought most of the ground thought the same thing at half time on Saturday!!

Green Man

Dec 22, 2014
BN2
I have no inside knowledge of this but I seem to remember they're contractually only allowed to show around 10 mins of highlights per game? Which leaves an awful lot of time to fill on MOTD2 if there's only one Sunday match. Personally I find the roundup of Saturday's games quite useful - whenever I watch MOTD live I find myself dropping off by about the middle of game four and wake up about five minutes before the end.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He's just bitter & twisted cos he never got his share of the missing FA Cup money (c.Enrest).My theory is Michael Robinson took it to Spain.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well if I were one of the squad, these kind of 'clever' comments are all I'd need to motivate myself. Master stroke on behalf of Lawro, he's one of us and he knows, being an x player, that his comment on this occasion will surely help rather than hinder.

Kosh

Masterstroke? His job is as a pundit, predictions are his bread and butter. He wouldn't announce in front of millions of viewers that his old club were only in the top 2 "for the moment" unless he genuinely believed it.

It's a shame there wasn't another couple of minutes left of the show for Chapman to have quizzed Lawro on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here