Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Largely Forgotten TV Personalities of the 60s, 70s and 80s

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
70’s - Nicholas Ball, I loved Hazell (co written by Terry Venables I think.

Also 70’s - Bouquet of Barbed Wire starred Frank Finlay and the stunning Susan Penhaligon.

Nicholas Ball was married to Pamela Stephenson before she went of with Billy Connelly

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My first-ever boss was a definite member of this club.

View attachment 122596

Ring any bells?! :lolol:

By the time I worked for him, in 1990, his TV glory days were over and he was running a production company in Maidenhead – which was an epicentre for has-been 70s TV stars, who all seemed to live in nearby places like Bray. Frequently the likes of Ernie Wise and other cronies (including the aforementioned Rolf Harris on one occasion) would wander into our office for an afternoon 'reminisce' over a glass of whisky, and we'd enter a timewarp where comments such as "It's one of the big regrets of my life that I've never made love to a black woman" would be uttered by one of these individuals (naming no names).

Unsurprisingly it wasn't for me, I only stuck it for a year!

Sublime. Pure Partridge. I can see that in my mind's eye now (and the other blokes nodding, solemnly). And you do realise that 10 years earlier he'd have said 'coloured'. And in 10 years time, PPF will just be saying coloured....

:lolol: :wave:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
One of my early TV "older woman" heart throbs was the delightful Sue Lloyd who played Barbara Hunter in Crossroads. Imagine my delight when I came across her doing a topless scene in the Joan Collins film "The Stud"...or was it "The Bitch". Maybe it was both. Who cares, all that matters is I've seen Barbara Hunter's nips...(here displayed censored)...

660829.jpeg

2020-04-21 20.52.41.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And keeping with the Brighton theme, what about Peter Cleall - Duffy in Please, Sir? He was a regular in the Chicken Run, used to stand near me.

Saw him at the Goldstone on countless occasions. :wave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sam Kydd. His face always seemed to be on the TV in the 60s. I knew him from his starring role in the TV series "Orlando".

View attachment 122593

He's the first actor about whom I thought '**** me, not Sam Kydd again'. He was in absolutely everything.

However he absolutely does not qualify:

"He made over 240 films, more than any other British actor"

FFS.

And his wife's name was Pinkie Barnes. I doesn't get any dirtier than that.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm actually going to invite guesses for this one. Appeared in three series of a costume drama and one series of a comedy series as a 'side kick' to the main star. Never to be seen on the tellybox again. My old mate John, known professionally by his middle name and birthplace. I last saw him at a Brighton game. :cheers:

View attachment 122586

Is it Tarquin Partridge Green? :shrug:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm actually going to invite guesses for this one. Appeared in three series of a costume drama and one series of a comedy series as a 'side kick' to the main star. Never to be seen on the tellybox again. My old mate John, known professionally by his middle name and birthplace. I last saw him at a Brighton game. :cheers:

View attachment 122586
What does Bob Geldoff do now ?

Doesn't seem to be very prominent any more.
Doesn't need the cash.

In the silly 90s (when money was sloshing around in TV) he was creating and selling on production companies that don't exist anymore.

His made more money from TV than he ever made as a musician.

His company Planet 24 made The Big Breakfast which was sold to Carlton. Bob's share was 5 million.

He's had other TV production companies ( did Castaway I think) since then and probably has his fingers in a few pots.

Jasper Carrot ( remember him ) was a major shareholder in Celador who made Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Sold his shares for 10 million in 2006.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Doesn't need the cash.

In the silly 90s (when money was sloshing around in TV) he was creating and selling on production companies that don't exist anymore.

His made more money from TV than he ever made as a musician.

His company Planet 24 made The Big Breakfast which was sold to Carlton. Bob's share was 5 million.

He's had other TV production companies ( did Castaway I think) since then and probably has his fingers in a few pots.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

presumably gave it all away tho'

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Oh, and whatever happened to the finest TV actor of his generation? Yes, I realise he became TJ Syrup, but that doesn't count after the Majesty of his presence as Captain James T ****ing Kirk. Fact. :love:

View attachment 122594

101 episodes in Boston Legal as Denny Craine was his last long TV role.

And don't forget his music career

OK probably best to forget his music career

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hogan’s Heroes, I was probably watching repeats in the mid-70’s. Bob Crane and John Banner (incompetent Schultz) the stars in a good cast. I enjoyed it.

Came to a dodgy end: found beaten to death in his apartment. No-one was ever convicted of his murder but it was revealed that he had a habit of videoing his (many) sexual encounters. I don't think we'll see many repeats of the series - I doubt many advertisers would want to be associated with it.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I probably wouldn't even remember Mr Pastry if I hadn't had his Annual as a child as he was a bit before my time.

The actor who played him, Richard Hearne, was later interviewed for the part of Dr Who after Jon Pertwee, but he wanted to play the Doctor as Mr Pastry. (Pertwee had also previously made regular appearances in Mr Pastry). The producers weren't so keen on the Pastry characterisation for the Doctor so gave the part to Tom Baker instead.

This Annual is the only reason I remember him...

images (3).jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here