Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lampard sacked...

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Also, anyone expecting consistent premier league performances from Havertz & Werner is really excepting too much. It’s just so difficult for youngsters from another league to be brilliant straight out the box, look how long it’s taken Bissouma to show his potential.

That's not a very comparable situation. Bissouma had only played about 40 games in Ligue 1 before joining us whereas Havetz and Werner have played over 100 games each in the Bundesliga and Werner 30 odd for Germany. For context, I think there's only a year difference between Werner and Bruno Fernandes.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The real test of his managerial mettle comes now, got his first two jobs very easily. We’ll see if he’s any good now

The lure of the commentary box will be strong. Or better a nice cosy TV studio

Until Southgate leaves the England position, then he'll get the job without interview

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some normally pleasant NSC posters getting rather pissy with one another on this thread.....Blue (is the colour, football is the game) Monday? ???

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think its fair to say that the only person here that needs to be educated is you.

He was probably sacked last night but "Officially" sacked today in the press.

Now you could go and start a Potter out thread but will he be sacked to day?

You are being an arse and you know it.

[emoji106]

Well said [emoji482]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The real test of his managerial mettle comes now, got his first two jobs very easily. We’ll see if he’s any good now

True.

I wonder if he’ll have to back to the Championship again.
Can see him managing the Hammers one day, as one of his old clubs. But not for a good while yet as Moyes is doing well.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Good manager. Overachieved with a Derby team getting them to the play offs in his first ever year. Then took a team with kids to a very respectable position in his first ever Premier year at Chelsea. Also incredibly articulate and seemingly high levels of EQ.

Would take him over Potter in a flash.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Good manager. Overachieved with a Derby team getting them to the play offs in his first ever year. Then took a team with kids to a very respectable position in his first ever Premier year at Chelsea. Also incredibly articulate and seemingly high levels of EQ.

I hope you have donned your tin hat, making a comment like that on here won't go down well with many! :eek:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Potter's incredibly articulate and educated to a higher level than Frank. Also did well in Sweden and with Swansea. Frank has failed to establish a clear identity and path for improvement (paraphrasing Chelsea's statement) after Chelsea spent a quarter of a billion quid. Potter has earned Brighton's highest ever points total in the PL and has established a clear identity at Brighton and has not been afforded a quarter of a billion quid in talent. Why is FL a better choice than GP?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not sure why they'd sack him. Doing a reasonable job considering the massive rebuild the squad needed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here