Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lampard sacked...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Tuchel? Allegri? Benitez?

Got to be one of those three, hasn't it?

Any of the 3 will be sacked within a year.

I think this sacking is incredibly harsh, what they achieved last season should have earned him the right to more time this year IMO, but then I’m of the opinion that managers get far too much of the blame in football, of course it’s the easy option to get rid of a manager but some of those Chelsea players should have their heads in shame for the lack of effort they’ve shown.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Do you reckon John Terry woke up this morning with a tinge of excitement that his life's calling was finally coming? :lol:

Probably the most excited he's been when waking up in the morning since he was told he had to keep 2m away from all women who aren't his wife last year

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Chelsea have too many youngsters. It’s going to take until next season at least to shape them into a team that can challenge for a trophy. I think a new manager will delay this even further but it’s good news for us and their other rivals and shows you the entitlement & impatience that is rampant at Stamford Bridge.

Also, anyone expecting consistent premier league performances from Havertz & Werner is really excepting too much. It’s just so difficult for youngsters from another league to be brilliant straight out the box, look how long it’s taken Bissouma to show his potential.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Given his status at the club I would think the board may have asked senior players for their thoughts before making a decision.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Typical trigger happy Chelsea

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chelsea have too many youngsters. It’s going to take until next season at least to shape them into a team that can challenge for a trophy. I think a new manager will delay this even further but it’s good news for us and their other rivals and shows you the entitlement & impatience that is rampant at Stamford Bridge.

Also, anyone expecting consistent premier league performances from Havertz & Werner is really excepting too much. It’s just so difficult for youngsters from another league to be brilliant straight out the box, look how long it’s taken Bissouma to show his potential.

I disagree that its good news for us. We need the likes of Chelsea to bully points out of the bottom-feeders around us. They've got Wolves, Burnley, Sheff Utd and Newcastle coming up - if they have a dead cat bounce after they bring someone in then thats not going to help us at all.

I hope the new appointment will lead to a resurgence in results for them, but its not always the case...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be very surprised if it was Benitez.

He has the pedigree but also one major drawback. The Chelsea faithful absolutely detest him. They never took to him last time around.

(So it will probably be him)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I hope the new appointment will lead to a resurgence in results for them, but its not always the case...

A honeymoon start for their new manager would be amazing for us as they play 4 of the ‘bottom 9’ in their first half dozen games. Players will be looking to impress their new man so it’s certainly possible.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A honeymoon start for their new manager would be amazing for us as they play 4 of the ‘bottom 9’ in their first half dozen games. Players will be looking to impress their new man so it’s certainly possible.

Well here's hoping.

If we get turned over on Wednesday then we're likely going to start needing snookers, with a bit of help from the big six.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here