Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lampard sacked...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
True.

I wonder if he’ll have to back to the Championship again.
Can see him managing the Hammers one day, as one of his old clubs. But not for a good while yet as Moyes is doing well.

Don't tell the West Ham fans that, they detest him! They wouldn't want him anywhere near the job.

He needs to start again lower than the Premier League and learn the job. He looked tactically lost in so many matches.

And the poster suggesting he's better than Potter has properly lost the plot.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Sadly this was always on the cards, Frank never had the experience for the job. He didn't do an exceptional job at Derby I was surprised he landed the Chelsea job but it was the home coming of a legend in the eyes of Chelsea fans.
Credit where it's due he did a fantastic job last season but that was with a young squad of players who both knew and were hungry to play for the club. Bringing in big money signings has ruined the balance of Frank's squad.
Oh well it's not really a news story "Chelsea Sack Manager".

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Don't tell the West Ham fans that, they detest him! They wouldn't want him anywhere near the job.

He needs to start again lower than the Premier League and learn the job. He looked tactically lost in so many matches.

And the poster suggesting he's better than Potter has properly lost the plot.

Like my front room, nothing in it.

Screenshot 2021-01-25 163826.png

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Amusing, the amount of stats I’ve heard this season to back Potter up expected goals, pass completion, possession, chances created, it’s the strikers fault or maybe the defensive play. The one stat that really matters is conveniently brushed under the carpet.

How many points should a Brighton be at, at this stage of the season then? And what are you basing that on?

Baring in mind GP took us to a record points total last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So with us not being in the bottom 3. you would sack a Brighton manager for being 6 points short?

I think that the very warped logic is that Potter hasn’t done as well as Lampard so “why hasn’t he been sacked yet?”

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Like my front room, nothing in it.

View attachment 132951

Amusing, the amount of stats I’ve heard this season to back Potter up expected goals, pass completion, possession, chances created, it’s the strikers fault or maybe the defensive play. The one stat that really matters is conveniently brushed under the carpet.

I’m all for opinions especially - ones with facts to back them up - but you seriously think this stat has even a 1% meaning?!?! Really?!

Let’s compare Potter and then his eventual successor and Hughton and Dean Wilkins etc to Klopp and Peps stats whilst we’re at it shall we - to prove they were all shit managers too :lol: :facepalm:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not quite sure where the idea that he did brilliantly at Derby comes from. They're a club who under various managers had made the play offs and failed to go up several times: he just did exactly the same thing as they did. He didn't improve them nor put any sort of long term structure in place (they had a lot of loan signings in the first team squad in Lampard's season with them). If they had managed to get promoted they would have been absolutely screwed as it was all built on sand, or at least on Mason Mount.

If he wasn't a Chelsea legend on the pitch, he wouldn't have got that job in a million years: no way would Chelsea have so much as cast a glance at a rookie manager with one play off season in the Championship under his belt. It was simply the old boys network kicking in yet again. The same reason so many absolutely mediocre managers keep getting jobs, no matter how many times they get the boot.

Still. I guess after spending ludicrous amounts of money, achieving nothing, and getting sacked, he'll at least be able to look Uncle 'Arry in the eye over Christmas dinner now.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I’m all for opinions especially - ones with facts to back them up - but you seriously think this stat has even a 1% meaning?!?! Really?!

Let’s compare Potter and then his eventual successor and Hughton and Dean Wilkins etc to Klopp and Peps stats whilst we’re at it shall we - to prove they were all shit managers too :lol: :facepalm:

d9b05c5b5ed722a28dc8a224a3888692.jpg Screenshot 2021-01-25 180147.png

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
So with us not being in the bottom 3. you would sack a Brighton manager for being 6 points short?

I think that the very warped logic is that Potter hasn’t done as well as Lampard so “why hasn’t he been sacked yet?”

Light the blue touch paper and retire.. :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here