Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour lead in polls,anyone able explain why ?

Really? Guardian poll couple of weeks ago had his personal popularity falling further. he really isn't very popular and must be seriously damaging Labour, who the polling suggest would have a good lead otherwise.

The weight of attacks are bound to take some toll - but the idea that say, we elect someone like Cruddas as leader, and the Tory press are going to full about what a wonderful leader he is, well, politics in this country don't work like that and never will - as long as we have a majority Tory owned press. They will always attack the Labour leader unless they are someone like Blair giving blowjobs to the Murdochs.

Advice? Even the semi-official Labour Party organ, the New Statesman refers to it as an 'attack' in their headlines and in the article...innovative policies are being 'crushed at the centre' and welfare announcements are 'cynical and punitive'. With friends like Jon...

A semi organ is a good description for the Staggers, we agree on that

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not a sceptic and my comments about David M and David D were purely about electability (is that a word?).

Electability is a word, although whether it applies to these two Davids is a different question. I grant that DD is more electable than IDS, not so sure about Iran war perpetrating, neoliberal DM though, although he's undoubtedly slick.
I still have hopes for Ed M though, although he's much better at dashing these than fulfilling them.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Should Ed lead Labour to an election defeat can't see him hanging-on much more than 12 months whilst the rats fight it out amongest themselves for the leadership and hopefully they would appoint Harman,surely an even bigger vote loser.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Even if UKIP won 20% of the vote it would not win them a single seat at the next election. Not with our electoral system as it is now.

They took 36% of the vote in Grimsby last month , the figure was similar in Boston too. Doncaster (Ed Milibland's constituency) is also a UKIP target seat now.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
How can anyone contemplate voting for a party that,if successful in the general election,would mean Ed Milliband into 10 Downing St.
Party politics aside,I just can't see Milliband as Prime Minister of the country.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They took 36% of the vote in Grimsby last month , the figure was similar in Boston too. Doncaster (Ed Milibland's constituency) is also a UKIP target seat now.

The key for UKIP is strategy. If they get this wrong in the next year it could prove fatal, if they get it right they could reach parliament in 2020.

I don't believe they will win a seat this time (although I could be wrong), but I do believe that if they focus their resources through a 'building block' strategy, like Liberal Democrats and often use, and the Greens to good effect in Brighton Pavilion, they could pick up a handful of second places. Once that happens history shows that opportunities open up, and the next election becomes a major step.

As you mention, there are some constituencies that show promise. The party would be wise to pull its resources away from other areas and hammer those.

Miliband's leadership lurches from crisis to crisis as Labour's lead jumps 3% in latest YouGov poll, as they hit 38% yet again. Tories fall 1% to 33%

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Doesn't matter who wins they're all the same and in 50 years time the UK will be muslim country under Sharia law and total carnage.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here