Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuszczak isn't very good

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bushy, I think NE started this thread before the Hull game (Assuming you mean the home game last week?). Watford's 3-1 reverse was the trigger, I think.

Yes mate, I mjeant the game last week.

- - - Updated - - -

Bushy, I think NE started this thread before the Hull game (Assuming you mean the home game last week?). Watford's 3-1 reverse was the trigger, I think.

Yes mate, I mjeant the game last week.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not to worry [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] we are all English here and struggle to tell the difference between a good keeper and a bad one :wave:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I still find it amazing how far people have decided to miss the original point. Yes, he's our best goalkeeper and yes he's ONE OF the best in the league. My point, however badly put in my original post, was that he was far from the perfect creature he was being painted as. His triumphant return to form delights me, as a Brighton fan, and I'm more than happy for this thread to be bounced after every single game. We all want the team to do well, and we need Kuszczak playing well.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I still find it amazing how far people have decided to miss the original point. Yes, he's our best goalkeeper and yes he's ONE OF the best in the league. My point, however badly put in my original post, was that he was far from the perfect creature he was being painted as. His triumphant return to form delights me, as a Brighton fan, and I'm more than happy for this thread to be bounced after every single game. We all want the team to do well, and we need Kuszczak playing well.

A simple apology would have sufficed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But very highly rated. Not impressed at all. I said after his performance here for Watford last season he had fluffed the audition, but we signed him and now I think he is only a slight improvement on Brezovan amd Ankergren. Routine save first half which everyone raved about and then picked the ball out of his net three times from three shots in the second half, the first two he certainly should have done better with.

If Greer can be criticised, so can Kuszczak. Not very good.

Interesting change of tune.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A simple apology would have sufficed.

Nah, seige mentality. Where did I put my tin hat? Besides, why should I apologise? Because people disagree with me? Meh.

Interesting change of tune.

One fuelled by alcohol and a crushing defeat, the other fuelled by diplomacy. If you don't want emotional reactions post-match from people who care enough to give them, close the forum for a few hours. Besides, people are loving it, and the bouncing of it. I made a rash post, we've all done that.

Haven't we, [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION]....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fair dos, Ninja. Why the f*** anyone should expect you to apologise for a comment made 2 months ago after a few games when he probably had played badly is beyond me. And as you say, we've ALL made rash posts.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Fair dos, Ninja. Why the f*** anyone should expect you to apologise for a comment made 2 months ago after a few games when he probably had played badly is beyond me. And as you say, we've ALL made rash posts.

Why should anyone expect an apology, in general? Expect being the emphasised word in my opinion, I stand by what I said then. I didn't say anything slanderous or offensive, I have nothing to apologise for. What I posted was pretty dire, no arguments. But apologise? This is what's wrong with society. I don't answer to anyone on here, and why should I? Or anyone else for that matter.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Why should anyone expect an apology, in general? Expect being the emphasised word in my opinion, I stand by what I said then. I didn't say anything slanderous or offensive, I have nothing to apologise for. What I posted was pretty dire, no arguments. But apologise? This is what's wrong with society. I don't answer to anyone on here, and why should I? Or anyone else for that matter.

Please accept my apologies. My comment was intended to be tongue in cheek.
Of course you are entitled to express your opinion. I don't agree with it but who cares?
Personally I think Koosak is a fine keeper and over the course of this season his excellence may mean the difference between a trip to Wemberlee or not.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Ninja doesn't need to apologise, he has done nothing wrong.

It does highlight that sometimes people on here are far too quick to judge a player, based on a handful of games. Tommy K has had a few dodgy moments this season, but so have most of our players. Perhaps the only exception to this would be Bridcutt.

For me, Tommy K has been an excellent signing overall, and probably our best keeper since Mark Beeney.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
His triumphant return to form delights me

He never went out of form.

90% of what you post is pretty good, so we'll have to allow you the abbheration on the brilliant Kuzszack.

- - - Updated - - -

His triumphant return to form delights me

He never went out of form.

90% of what you post is pretty good, so we'll have to allow you the abbheration on the brilliant Kuzszack.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
But very highly rated. Not impressed at all. I said after his performance here for Watford last season he had fluffed the audition, but we signed him and now I think he is only a slight improvement on Brezovan amd Ankergren. Routine save first half which everyone raved about and then picked the ball out of his net three times from three shots in the second half, the first two he certainly should have done better with.

If Greer can be criticised, so can Kuszczak. Not very good.

He pulled of a Banks-esq world class save today.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Are people still cretinous enough to start threads like this - and then to keep on digging?

Awesome. Loving their work.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Poor old NE. Have none of us never made rash threads whilst intoxicated ? I know I have, many times. He who is perfect cast the first stone.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Poor old NE. Have none of us never made rash threads whilst intoxicated ? I know I have, many times. He who is perfect cast the first stone.

Yep, good poster, give the man a break.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He pulled of a Banks-esq world class save today.

Thanks for the bounce, coach!

Hey, long may it continue! I would rather this be bounced after every game than Kuszczak fall over a cost us a goal. Winning team is all that matters.

Yep, good poster, give the man a break.

:thumbsup: This!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for the bounce, coach!

Hey, long may it continue! I would rather this be bounced after every game than Kuszczak fall over a cost us a goal. Winning team is all that matters.

:thumbsup: This!

You have taken it on the chin and good for you. Respect.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did like the Nicky Rust was better comment. That was rather good.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You have taken it on the chin and good for you. Respect.

To be fair, my original post was nonsense. Poorly written and badly planned. We'd just lost to Watford, I was under the influence and being told how it was all Greer's fault... What can I say, we're all human.

I do think Kuszczak is overated, but he is one of the best in this league. Nobody, even me, has ever suggested he isn't our best goalkeeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here