Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi tv guide-find channels easily

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Keep in mind that this is a brand new add-on and this is version 1.0.0, so there will be teething troubles. I will post back when there are any updates but this has the potential to be very good.

hope so as the sky sports channels do seem to be a bit up and down. but i agree that this add-on looks like it could be great. i think even my ol' mum could handle this once installed...

just worked out how to get the 'power button' to exit kodi immediately rather than bringing up the shutdown menu. that had been bugging me for quite some time...

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
hope so as the sky sports channels do seem to be a bit up and down. but i agree that this add-on looks like it could be great. i think even my ol' mum could handle this once installed...

just worked out how to get the 'power button' to exit kodi immediately rather than bringing up the shutdown menu. that had been bugging me for quite some time...

I think this will be very good for those who are not that good with technology. The only downside is, the more accessible kodi becomes to the masses the more sky/bt/virgin will want to/need to get it shut down. It's not really like streams in that it's actually good.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I think this will be very good for those who are not that good with technology. The only downside is, the more accessible kodi becomes to the masses the more sky/bt/virgin will want to/need to get it shut down. It's not really like streams in that it's actually good.

good point - mods! delete this thread! :lolol:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
good point - mods! delete this thread! :lolol:

The people behind kodi and those that develop the addons are actually getting fed up of all the people making money from it, such as the people who sell the 'fully loaded' boxes and firesticks on eBay/Amazon.
That's why the bloke who started genesis packed it in.

Mar 2, 2016

If it carries on getting more and more popular I can see add on developers charging subscription fees.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
If it carries on getting more and more popular I can see add on developers charging subscription fees.

Some of them already do. Those ones are a lot more user friendly and where there are not as many people hitting the sources there is less chance of problems. It sort of defeats the idea of getting it free through.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Worked fine for me yesterday but nothing on sports now :(

Beachcomber

Nov 22, 2010
Hello All, I am a newbie to Kodi but have just bought an Android TV box & spent yesterday adding various Addons recommended on the Internet (seo-michael etc.). It's blown me away what you can get on it. On the basis that you are all experienced with Kodi I thought I would pick your brains as to what your 'go-to' Addon is for I) Live footy (Sports Devil); ii) movies (Exodus?); iii) TV box sets? Any advice or suggestions welcome. BTW - like the look of Live Mix but can't get the live sort today on it. Cheers

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I installed Live Mix (courtesy of this thread ) yesterday on my Kodi box and tablet, both are streaming Sky sports and Bt sports with no problems.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Hello All, I am a newbie to Kodi but have just bought an Android TV box & spent yesterday adding various Addons recommended on the Internet (seo-michael etc.). It's blown me away what you can get on it. On the basis that you are all experienced with Kodi I thought I would pick your brains as to what your 'go-to' Addon is for I) Live footy (Sports Devil); ii) movies (Exodus?); iii) TV box sets? Any advice or suggestions welcome. BTW - like the look of Live Mix but can't get the live sort today on it. Cheers

I'd just stick on the wookie build if I was you, then it's all done for you. Then just add this live TV guide.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Worked fine for me yesterday but nothing on sports now :(

Try closing it and going back into it. As I say it is the first version so may have teething troubles. I have had a few times where I get audio only but when I try again its okay. Hopefully they bring out an update pretty quickly.

Exodus also has boxsets, if you have an android box you can also download showbox on it.

http://rawapk.com/showbox-apk-download/

Download the showbox apk from the above site. Go into security settings in your android box and tick 'unknown sources'.
Locate your download, should be in downloads(obvious I know but this may help others) and click on the fileand it will install from there. You now have showbox which is good for boxsets and movies.

Last edited:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
If anyone wants showbox for their firestick, let me know and I can post a link for that.

Beachcomber

Nov 22, 2010
Cheers really appreciate the advice & the link. I'd heard Showbox was good but couldn't find in any of the repos. What's most reliable for live football? I've managed to get Sky Sports etc on Sports Devil but wasn't sure whether some links were better than others (think I used the stream from 1st Row Sports). Or is it a bit of trial and error for each game. Handy for BHA away games now that we always seems to be on Sky!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Cheers really appreciate the advice & the link. I'd heard Showbox was good but couldn't find in any of the repos. What's most reliable for live football? I've managed to get Sky Sports etc on Sports Devil but wasn't sure whether some links were better than others (think I used the stream from 1st Row Sports). Or is it a bit of trial and error for each game. Handy for BHA away games now that we always seems to be on Sky!

People have their own opinions. I'm a fan of sportsdevil as others come and go, just keep it updated and it will do the job fine. If I know a game is on I just go to sportsdevil-live sports-football(if its football you are after, obviously) and choose any of the sources in that and it should be there.
Say I just fancy watching some sports but I don't know what's on I just go online to a satellite TV guide and then go into sportsdevil-sports TV and choose the channel what I want to watch. I watch a lot of golf on it, but it literally has everything.
Loads of new addons pop up but they have problems eventually but sportsdevil has never really let me down. But as I say it's down to personal choice.
EDIT: I think I totally misunderstood you're question. Sometimes some links in sportsdevil are better than others, its just trial and error at times. I mostly go to sportsdevil-sports tv-mamahd
Usually a good picture and streams well.

Screenshot_20160313-180436.png

Last edited:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The link I gave you, is not for a repo. It's for a standalone apk(application). It's nothing to do with kodi, now you have an android box you can out anything on it that you could out on an android phone. You could put on Facebook :shit:, WhatsApp, even Skype, anything really.

Beachcomber

Nov 22, 2010
OK - thanks. Yes mostly football - I'd heard Sports Devil was a good place to start. IV confess I don't really understand how it all works (& don't want to know) but am amazed at what you can watch and the quality. There's almost too many choices & hence asking on here. I watched a film last night & couldn't believe all the choices & also the fact that it played without buffering. A whole new world out there!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
OK - thanks. Yes mostly football - I'd heard Sports Devil was a good place to start. IV confess I don't really understand how it all works (& don't want to know) but am amazed at what you can watch and the quality. There's almost too many choices & hence asking on here. I watched a film last night & couldn't believe all the choices & also the fact that it played without buffering. A whole new world out there!

You should download the repo at the start of this thread as well. That saves a whole lot of searching, it may have a few teething troubles but does have a lot of potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here