Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knoll school for boys hove

D

Deleted User X18H

Does anyone remember Mr Fairweather? Think he taught Science/Chemistry. I know he moved on to Hove Park with Mr Pavey Mr Tanner and Mr Pidgeon because my OH says she remembers him and them. Never see his name mentioned though.
Yep I remember him at HP he was 5th year tutor ( in old money) he was a drongo.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
I was brought up on the Knoll Estate, Egmont rd from about 1961 until 1974 when I moved to Germany. But I didn't go to the Knoll school, I did though play for the Ks that was run by Derrick Trip and Dave Golds I think!

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Does anyone remember Mr Fairweather? Think he taught Science/Chemistry. I know he moved on to Hove Park with Mr Pavey Mr Tanner and Mr Pidgeon because my OH says she remembers him and them. Never see his name mentioned though.

Yes i remember him as he used to be good friends with my mates mum, and i hated being around there when he turned up, not because we was one of the nasty f**kers because he wasnt, it just wasnt cool to be around teachers then. I was at the Knoll Boys from 76-79 he wasnt one of my teachers but knew me obviously.

Last edited:

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
I was brought up on the Knoll Estate, Egmont rd from about 1961 until 1974 when I moved to Germany. But I didn't go to the Knoll school, I did though play for the Ks that was run by Derrick Trip and Dave Golds I think!

1.99. I must know u. Derrick Trip is still well and Moreen. I see Steve quite regularly, Roy died & Tony is 'not bad' :)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Well thanks a lot for dragging this back up! What a hole of a school. Absolutely hated it. Hated the wardens, hated the food and totally hated having to walk along Portland Road and up Olive Road to get to it. I was there (sometimes) between 71-76. I really thought I'd heard the last of that place but now 37 years on and it's winding me up again!
I hated it, HATED it I tell you!!!:tantrum:

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
So glad this thread has popped up again, great memories... was there 1970-75, enjoyed the sports and lucky to have many days off playing footie,cricket and basketball. Still have great memories of winning the basketball league in 1973, good lads, Dave Dicker, Steve Mace,Steve Smith, Simon Emery, Nigel Golds, Malcolm Baker, Geraint Cole and the best sportman in our year Mark Richardson, god rest his soul died so young.

nick65

Jun 9, 2013
New Jersey
Cheers for the replies and all the good and bad memories.
My OH told me Fairweather used to flirt outrageously with the 5th year girls, sounds like he had a better time there than at the Knoll! :drool:

chrishuet

Feb 1, 2010
Hove
Did anyone on here ever go to the Knoll school for boys , old shoreham road in hove between 1971 and 1976 ? if so who are you and can you remember any of the teachers ? oh my name is Kevin Jackson by the way ( there are lots of people i would like to say hello to again and also sorry !!! .:thumbsup:

I was lucky enough to have my first 2 years of senior school there just before it closed, guess 76 to 78, it was an education in its self being there. Sad to see the RIP for Ron Pavey always found him a good fun, Mr Clarke science kicked my stool away and chucked a board rubber at me, I was never cheeky again, Miss Allen was the one the boys liked! I am sure we called her blobs due to her generous upper build.
It was one hell of a learning curve being there but it was great in a strange way.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
I was lucky enough to have my first 2 years of senior school there just before it closed, guess 76 to 78, it was an education in its self being there. Sad to see the RIP for Ron Pavey always found him a good fun, Mr Clarke science kicked my stool away and chucked a board rubber at me, I was never cheeky again, Miss Allen was the one the boys liked! I am sure we called her blobs due to her generous upper build.
It was one hell of a learning curve being there but it was great in a strange way.[/

Hi Chris were you in suttons class (THE GNOME) recognize your name, Gaz Gahn etc.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
It was one hell of a learning curve being there but it was great in a strange way.

Hi Chris were you in suttons class (THE GNOME) recognize your name, Gaz Gahn etc

Andre

Jan 18, 2022
Hi Dave
South Australia is a long way for an Albion Fan to be.
Hope we can catch up.
Are you on FB.
Andre Cornhill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here