Kevin Pietersen

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albion1972

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
How on earth he could expect a recall is just breath taking. You cant write a book slating your teammates slagging off the culture of the team etc. Where the ecb has made a right pigs ear if it was by sacking him. Should of just dropped him

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Well to be honest - I hope we get slaughtered by Australia this summer after this.

Because we deserve to.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well to be honest - I hope we get slaughtered by Australia this summer after this.

Because we deserve to.

You'd have had your wish either way.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So the Chairman Elect Colin Graves tells Pietersen to blow out the IPL because if he scores runs for Surrey he has a chance of getting picked for the Ashes. Pietersen scores a triple century and is immediately told by new DIrector of Cricket he will never play for England again.

Regardless of your opinion about Pietersen that is poor management. Throw in the shoddy way in which Moores was sacked and Graves belittling the Windies before that crucial third test and you have a shambles on your hands.

I also maintain "Straussy" was the wrong appointment because he simply too close to Cook and this England side. They should have picked Vaughan, it is just possible that there might have been a way back for Pietersen.

In terms of the playing side England had the option of promoting Moeen Ali or Joe Root to open instead of Trott with Pietersen in at No. 4. The Aussies will be sleeping well tonight.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So the Chairman Elect Colin Graves tells Pietersen to blow out the IPL because if he scores runs for Surrey he has a chance of getting picked for the Ashes. Pietersen scores a triple century and is immediately told by new DIrector of Cricket he will never play for England again.

Regardless of your opinion about Pietersen that is poor management. Throw in the shoddy way in which Moores was sacked and Graves belittling the Windies before that crucial third test and you have a shambles on your hands.

I also maintain "Straussy" was the wrong appointment because he simply too close to Cook and this England side. They should have picked Vaughan, it is just possible that there might have been a way back for Pietersen.

In terms of the playing side England had the option of promoting Moeen Ali or Joe Root to open instead of Trott with Pietersen in at No. 4. The Aussies will be sleeping well tonight.

Totally agree. I'm not convinced of the worth of KP returning but it's been shabbily handled all round. Graves has only been in place five minutes and seems to be one of the biggest plonkers associated with English cricket ... and there's some stiff competition there.

And I can't get my head around Strauss's appointment. They wanted someone different from the ex-England and Middlesex public school establishment figure, so they picked an ex-England and Middlesex public school establishment figure. They wanted someone from the outside to make a clean break, so they picked the most recent ex-England captain.

Should have picked an outsider - if not a foreigner, someone from outside the cricketing ranks, someone like Clive Woodward for example (not necessarily him but someone of that mould, a good business head coupled with a knowledge of sport).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
So Strauss has been in the job 2 days and he has sacked the manager without a replacement being lined up and now told one of our best ever players that he will never play for England again. So how is that a new approach to England cricket then?

Shambles

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Bring this guy back. He is the only chance of giving the Aussies a game this summer.

I don't care if people don't like him, when watching him play it's a joy to watch.

Who would rather watch a Cook, a slow but tedious innings compared to the flamboyant KP?

His averages compare to the greats in the game, though the establishment may want the likes of Balance, Carberry etc to play this summer.

Absolute balls, he is not a joy to watch and we have to learn not to go back to retired/dismissed players if we want to improve.
Watching him deliberately letting the tailenders around him get bowled out around him to protect his average during an Ashes match here was anything but joy to watch.
He is just a prick with an inflated ego and obsessed with his own importance.
Bad for the set up and you should just learn to get over him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Morgan on talksport now, surely he realises him and his tweets/comments and releasing things are actually harming his recall chances

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good post. Regardless of views on whether KP should be back in, it's been handled disgracefully

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Pieterson is dressing room poison let him make his millions as a for hire t20 mercenary and keep him as far away from the england team as possible.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pieterson is dressing room poison let him make his millions as a for hire t20 mercenary and keep him as far away from the england team as possible.

Well, he wasn't for 10 years when things were going well. Maybe just a coincidence that he's poison once things started going badly?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Exactly this. No room for a selfish nutjob like him in any kind of team sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports