Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Pietersen

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pieterson is a South African who should never have played for England because he should never have been able to qualify - like all the other South African born players who have somehow played for England (including Strauss and numerous others).

It is embarrassing that we have to bulk up the England team with people who are/were not born in England (like Jack Charlton's "if his granny once sniffed a pint of guinness in a pub somewhere near Bermondsey, then he's Irish and he's in" - because Eire were and are competely crap without the false Irish input.)

Colin Cowdrey, one of England's greatest batsmen and captains, was born in India. Just for reference...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Point proven. All false English.

The only false Australian I can think of was Kepler Wessels - but there are probably others.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Colin Cowdrey, one of India's greatest stolen batsmen and captains, was born in India. Just for reference...
corrected for you

Jul 7, 2003

The only false Australian I can think of was Kepler Wessels - but there are probably others.

Most recently Fawad Ahmed - spinner born on the Pakistan Afganistan border; Usman Khawaja born in that well known Australian city of Islamabad and Andrew Symonds born in Birmingham.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The Economist have just an article on great team management the first point is to accomodate the great players. KP is still one of those. Woeful management.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Most recently Fawad Ahmed - spinner born on the Pakistan Afganistan border; Usman Khawaja born in that well known Australian city of Islamabad and Andrew Symonds born in Birmingham.

Loads: Clarrie Grimmett was born in New Zealand, Archie Jackson (often reckoned the third best Australian batsman) was born in Scotland, Dav Whatmore born in Sri Lanka, Stephen O'Keefe was born in Malaysia and Moises Henriques was born in Portugal. Quite a few of the early Australian players were born in England

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Australia's rugby teams have a long history of picking players born in Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and the like.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pieterson is a South African who should never have played for England because he should never have been able to qualify - like all the other South African born players who have somehow played for England (including Strauss and numerous others).

It is embarrassing that we have to bulk up the England team with people who are/were not born in England (like Jack Charlton's "if his granny once sniffed a pint of guinness in a pub somewhere near Bermondsey, then he's Irish and he's in" - because Eire were and are competely crap without the false Irish input.)

He has an English mother.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I have no evidence to back this up but it wouldn't surprise me if Strauss sounded out senior members of the squad as to whether they wanted KP back i.e Cook, Bell, Anderson, Broad etc. and they said no chance.

Strauss probably thought Cook and Broad have another 4+ years in them, Bell and Anderson 2+ years (all hopefully) wheras KP at 35 has had his best years behind him and made his decision for the long term harmony of the squad.

It is patently obvious that KP has made a lot of enemies in the England dressing room.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have no evidence to back this up but it wouldn't surprise me if Strauss sounded out senior members of the squad as to whether they wanted KP back i.e Cook, Bell, Anderson, Broad etc. and they said no chance.

Strauss probably thought Cook and Broad have another 4+ years in them, Bell and Anderson 2+ years (all hopefully) wheras KP at 35 has had his best years behind him and made his decision for the long term harmony of the squad.

It is patently obvious that KP has made a lot of enemies in the England dressing room.

This is the rub for me. The ECB still want operational control of the England team. Cricket Australia said to Lehman, you sort the team out, we'll still have a selection committee, but you have control and the overall say on team matters.

If we appointed Jason Gillispie for example, and he came in with full control and said he doesn't want KP anywhere near his team, then great, leave him out. BUT, whoever comes in is already being told who the ECB want in and out of the team, and in turn senior players also being given a say in these matters. Too many chiefs. We need a proper team manager, not just a head coach, who ultimately is in charge of the formation and balance of the side in consultation with the captain with a potential squad list decided by a selection committee that includes the England manager.

The ECB and Strauss should have left this whole question well alone, picked a new manager of the team, and handed over a significant provision of power over the England side. That clearly is not going to happen, and while it doesn't we will be left lagging behind the best sides in the world. We were successful under Fletcher who was given greater power but he also had a fantastic visionary captain in Vaughan, and a talented emerging squad. Flower continued that, but once some of the old guard retired, that success was never renewed. We got bogged down in pragmatism and a clutch of undroppable senior players with a rotation of newcomers quickly discarded at the drop of the hat - reminded me of the early '90's.

You need a strong manager with the power to make massive decisions, and they live or die by those decisions. Now we get a coach in whose not able to make key decisions, but carries the can for failure. It really can't be like this in the professional era of the game.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He would of been back in team if Cook had said he would quit if KP came back . If Cook is sacked or quits as Skipper then KP will be recalled.

hello vulture:bigwave:
or what ever you are calling yourself now
your thumbs down are like some sort of badge of honour to me

albion1972

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
hello vulture:bigwave:
or what ever you are calling yourself now
your thumbs down are like some sort of badge of honour to me

How sad on 2 counts
1) you have trolled my posts from ages ago to give me thumbs down

and 2) the most sad thing you have complained to the mods of this via pm that I am giving the boring shit you post on here the thumbs down.
But thank you as I suffer from insomnia and you have given me a cure. Just reading your boring posts is enough to send me into deep sleep.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Bring him back. Its the only chance of giving the aussies a game this summer.

Has anyone worked with someone they didn't like ? there not children, play your best players, and I am sure the majority of people who turn up to the games will want KP in the side.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How sad on 2 counts
1) you have trolled my posts from ages ago to give me thumbs down

and 2) the most sad thing you have complained to the mods of this via pm that I am giving the boring shit you post on here the thumbs down.
But thank you as I suffer from insomnia and you have given me a cure. Just reading your boring posts is enough to send me into deep sleep.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

oh I have just realised then you are vulture :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here