Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kevin Friend

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I remember Friend reffed us for Liverpool at home last season. That was one of the most jaw dropping performances of a ref so favouring one side I’ve ever seen.

He’s the one ref I don’t want. Probably more than The Complete And Utter Shyster

Agreed, no friend of the Albion. Last night was all over the shop, as were we on the field....

boik

Didn’t book Lerma until the 90th minute who basically fouled our players all evening yet books Bernardo for his first tackle, I’m convinced Friend cheats and last night proved it even more.

I think we need someone like Lerma in our team. Yves is the closest - he's good at hunting people down and seemingly loves a tackle. The rest of our midfield seem to lose their private battles (except maybe Alzate, but he's not played there recently).

Yoda

English & European
Dont forget the linesmen, thet were on the red payroll too.

It doesnt excuse our own ineptitude however

Two clear examples of that were Lerma just throwing himself to the ground in the corner first half when Gross was behind him but not touching him. - Gives a free kick

Second half, can't remember who it was for them but was all over Ali J's back when trying to break forward, Ali J goes down following tangle of legs. Result: Play on.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We had the same pattern on Saturday with multiple yellow card fouls by Villa players that went un-punished.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Another jaw droppingly awful performance from the so-called ref. Just staggeringly bad - the worst being the lack of showing a yellow card for the most blatant arms over the shoulder foul (just like against Plucky). Yes he played on but he HAD to go back and book the player. Not to mention letting them get away with some of the most blatant timewasting I've seen. I never think refs are biased but I genuinely think he hates us.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I hardly ever criticise refs as usually they’re not that bad, fans and managers use them as a convenient excuse and the blame is usually more with the players.

However today that changed; he was absolutely attrocious. A disgrace to his profession.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I thought he gave them everything. The Scolotto booking was crazy given that he won the ball, and what Watford had done unpunished up to that point

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
He was bad, the March one in the corner especially was a disgrace and another similar one against Trossard. Seems the standard of refereeing has dropped this season in general.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What I usually regard as a standard indication of the competence of a referee is whether they can get throw-in decisions correct. Today so many of those were wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Got the pen right, a clear dive by Schelotto going to ground before the challenge.

Other than that Friend was an error-prone tart. We counted Foster holding the ball for 20 seconds multiplied by every time he had it. Not even a word from the useless one.

But one huge bottle job on our favour - Schelotto should’ve gone for a second yellow, killing the game and possibly sending us Championship way.

But that just confirms that KF’s shite.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Got the pen right, a clear dive by Schelotto going to ground before the challenge.

Other than that Friend was an error-prone tart. We counted Foster holding the ball for 20 seconds multiplied by every time he had it. Not even a word from the useless one.

But one huge bottle job on our favour - Schelotto should’ve gone for a second yellow, killing the game and possibly sending us Championship way.

But that just confirms that he’s shite.

His shooting foot was impeded he had no option but to fall over. The yellow card was a fecking joke, it probably wasn’t even a foul as he got the ball. Hughes got away with a much worse tackle before he was eventually booked for persistent fouling.

Friend is no friend of the Albion

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The amount of booing for Friend at full time seemed to suggest he single handedly cost us the win. Really? What game were people watching? He wasn't great but we're clutching at straws and if he was any good the greyhound should have got a second yellow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The amount of booing for Friend at full time seemed to suggest he single handedly cost us the win. Really? What game were people watching? He wasn't great but we're clutching at straws and if he was any good the greyhound should have got a second yellow.

Probably realised he shouldn’t have got the first

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

No one has said he cost us the game. Everyone so far is in agreement that he was f***ing useless.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

But that just confirms that KF’s shite.

There was one in front of the WSL with Schelotto when their fella did a 2 feet off the ground lunging 2 foot tackle and just missed full contact. Clearly a dangerous tackle. Friend did nothing

Jimmy Grimble

Staggeringly bad yet again. The worst ref in the league. How their player never got booked for the breakaway foul when he waved played on was a joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here