Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kevin Friend

Jimmy Grimble

The more I think about his performance away from the subjectivity of being an Albion fan, the more I realise how f*cking horrendous it was.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Utter shocking - refused to give them yellows and literally did nothing about the constant embarrassing time wasting - not even a word. I liked Foster before today - he was a disgrace with all the tricks. At least we wanted to try and play today.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
It really annoyed me how he let Watford get away with time wasting. He must have told Foster 4 or 5 times to hurry up but no booking ?? Surely you ask them once or twice ?? After that .. a yellow surely?

It’s my bug bear in football and not just today’s ref. Usually they let keepers get away with time wasting all game and book them in the 85th min or so ! Has a keeper ever been sent off for time wasting ??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It really annoyed me how he let Watford get away with time wasting. He must have told Foster 4 or 5 times to hurry up but no booking ?? Surely you ask them once or twice ?? After that .. a yellow surely?

It’s my bug bear in football and not just today’s ref. Usually they let keepers get away with time wasting all game and book them in the 85th min or so ! Has a keeper ever been sent off for time wasting ??

The time wasting was punished by adding on five minutes at the end. We might not agree with it, but that’s how it was treated.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The time wasting was punished by adding on five minutes at the end. We might not agree with it, but that’s how it was treated.

Disagree. There was a lengthy injury which took I think 2 mins 45 seconds, other stoppages and I think 5 or 6 subs. Add on all the timewasting and it should have been 6 or 7. Again, it's the easiest job the ref has to do - just stop your watch.
Edit: and speak to the goalie once or twice, then book him and he'll soon stop. It's not difficult.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The only person on that pitch yesterday who was more shithouse than Deeney and Hughes. His pathetic yellow for March at the end was the damning final act of his performance.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The only person on that pitch yesterday who was more shithouse than Deeney and Hughes. His pathetic yellow for March at the end was the damning final act of his performance.

Absolutely. He was saying to March that he had no alternative but to book him. Well he seemed to find a f***ing alternative when their player blocked a quick free kick in the first half (which let's not forget cost Mooy a yellow against Villa and ultimately 3 points so these things do matter). And let's not forget him allowing Wilson to leave the pitch on the wrong side against Plucky. Either blatant cheating or blatant incompetence.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Absolutely. He was saying to March that he had no alternative but to book him. Well he seemed to find a f***ing alternative when their player blocked a quick free kick in the first half (which let's not forget cost Mooy a yellow against Villa and ultimately 3 points so these things do matter). And let's not forget him allowing Wilson to leave the pitch on the wrong side against Plucky. Either blatant cheating or blatant incompetence.

That’s the thing. March looked like he’d won the ball fairly (I still don’t see how it’s a free kick) and then turned to instantly whip in a cross. I honestly don’t know how you can call that as a yellow considering the shithousery Watford got away with yesterday.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Got the pen right, a clear dive by Schelotto going to ground before the challenge.

Other than that Friend was an error-prone tart. We counted Foster holding the ball for 20 seconds multiplied by every time he had it. Not even a word from the useless one.

But one huge bottle job on our favour - Schelotto should’ve gone for a second yellow, killing the game and possibly sending us Championship way.

But that just confirms that KF’s shite.

I take it you've now seen more replays of the penalty incident. Do you stand by your decision above?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Disagree. There was a lengthy injury which took I think 2 mins 45 seconds, other stoppages and I think 5 or 6 subs. Add on all the timewasting and it should have been 6 or 7. Again, it's the easiest job the ref has to do - just stop your watch.
Edit: and speak to the goalie once or twice, then book him and he'll soon stop. It's not difficult.

Completely agree.

It’s scandalous we don’t seem to even get our fully allocated injury time, let alone all the time that should be added but isn’t.

I have no doubts that if we were Man Utd or Liverpool at home yesterday needing a goal Mr Friend would be much more accommodating.

An appalling referee. Pretty much every time he’s reffed us.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I take it you've now seen more replays of the penalty incident. Do you stand by your decision above?

Agree its a clear penalty. How does VAR miss that? I assume they only bothered to look at the first replay where Schelotto appears to kick his own foot and not the second replay where the Watford's players knee impacts Schelotto's kicking foot and directs it onto his standing foot.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
That’s the thing. March looked like he’d won the ball fairly (I still don’t see how it’s a free kick) and then turned to instantly whip in a cross. I honestly don’t know how you can call that as a yellow considering the shithousery Watford got away with yesterday.

The yellow wasn't for the tackle, it was for him kicking the ball away after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here