Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kenilworth Road - Premier League ready (at last)

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Luton is is an absolute [deleted] hole, according to the recent census the majority of the population which is growing rapidly are of Aisian heratige which no doubt irritates many of the ‘others’ making them very angry and aggressive with very little civil pride apart from their footy team, I haven’t seen many Luton games but I’m assuming the majority of their fan base are White?

To be fair, cities with a large Asian population do struggle to get them to watch football. For example, Mumbai has a population of 17 million or so, and their football team won last year's Indian Super League - but they play in a stadium with a capacity of 6,600. (I don't know if they fill it, or what proportion of the supporters are white.)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Luton is is an absolute shit hole, according to the recent census the majority of the population which is growing rapidly are of Aisian heratige which no doubt irritates many of the ‘others’ making them very angry and aggressive with very little civil pride apart from their footy team, I haven’t seen many Luton games but I’m assuming the majority of their fan base are White?

9473C000-75A2-40C2-8DB8-126E88F15AF8.jpeg

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So they've replaced the bit where there used to be all those patio doors with a stand that looks a bit like the North Stand at Withdean basically?

Tough place to go Luton. I fully expect them to stay up on home form alone.

Very kind of Sky to give them a nice evening game as a starter. I wouldn't fancy going there in their first home game in the Premier League under the lights. I almost feel for West Ham. No I don't. :laugh:
Believe it was used as a safety test event

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Isn’t BN9 Newhaven ? If so can’t really take the pi&& out of peacehaven there’s not a lot between them , newhaven is probably even worse from what I’ve seen.
I think the laughy face denotes bn9 was having a cheeky joke.
Anyway, it's a peacehaven/newhaven thing so maybe I'll keep out of it.☠️

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sorry but as much as I dislike Luton and proper hate Palace, I have much love for their respective grounds.
It's sadly already lost on a lot of people, but we played in several hovels post goldstone. And were homeless at the same time, so the hovels seemed like hotels!

Modern stadia are souless . . .like gigs in the Brighton centre. Or chipboard plastic houses for more than a real bricks one.

sadly most yoof don't get it. more fool them.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think the laughy face denotes bn9 was having a cheeky joke.
Anyway, it's a peacehaven/newhaven thing so maybe I'll keep out of it.☠️
:lolol:
Spot on…..I know @Peacehaven Wild Kids very well and it’s definitely an ongoing thing to take the piss out of each other’s towns.
I spend most weeks doing jobs for the good folk of Peacehaven, and have been known to visit Peacehaven & Telscombe FC many times.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
:lolol:
Spot on…..I know @Peacehaven Wild Kids very well and it’s definitely an ongoing thing to take the piss out of each other’s towns.
I spend most weeks doing jobs for the good folk of Peacehaven, and have been known to visit Peacehaven & Telscombe FC many times.
Seriously though I’ve always found the Newhaven v Peacehaven fixture down at their dump….I mean place, to be generally a good drink and a good day out.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
We shouldn't get snotty about this The Goldstone wasn't Division 1standard in 1979 to 1983 either.

Remember the Lego Stand extension at the north west corner.
Nothing wrong with the Lego stand, great team group photo in front of there pre 80/81 season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here