Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kenilworth Road - Premier League ready (at last)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s hard to look down nose at their ground when we were hosting clubs in the championship at a rented athletics stadium.
Just to be clear, I certainly wasn't doing that.

I just noticed they were playing at home last night, for the first time this season, so wanted to take a look at what they'd done, which I thought I'd share.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So they've replaced the bit where there used to be all those patio doors with a stand that looks a bit like the North Stand at Withdean basically?

Tough place to go Luton. I fully expect them to stay up on home form alone.

Very kind of Sky to give them a nice evening game as a starter. I wouldn't fancy going there in their first home game in the Premier League under the lights. I almost feel for West Ham. No I don't. :laugh:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was a lot of snobbery at the time from armchair fans, you can’t expect all championship clubs to have a PL ready stadium ‘just in case’ and if we’d managed it at Withdean we’d certainly have had some problems.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's a shame Chelsea didn't have to go there early doors. I'll love it, LOVE IT, if Luton beat them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not quite Premier League ready; they don't have undersoil heating. Which will cause a fuss if games get called off this Winter. I imagine the TV companies will be crossing their fingers if they decide to televise a home tie between January and March.
Call me morbid, call me pale, but can someone explain to me what the 'improvement' to the 'stadium' is? Have they put a roof on the toilet and plumbed in some hot water into the away team's changing room (portacabin)?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just to be clear, I certainly wasn't doing that.

I just noticed they were playing at home last night, for the first time this season, so wanted to take a look at what they'd done, which I thought I'd share.
Personally I never took it any other way than that stated by yourself

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't stand Luton and Kenilworth Road is a shit-tip unsuited to modern day football. But it doesn't matter what I think. Luton only have to answer to their fans and if they are proud of these changes and the fact that their ground is hosting top flight football then that's all that matters.

I do think getting that stand built in just 12 weeks is fairly impressive, even if it is absolutely tiny and more suited to the Lancing U21 pitch.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ground might be premier league ready but the groundsman wasn't Sunday morning ready last night.....he forgot to paint the penalty spots according to my Luton supporting mate.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I can't stand Luton and Kenilworth Road is a shit-tip unsuited to modern day football. But it doesn't matter what I think. Luton only have to answer to their fans and if they are proud of these changes and the fact that their ground is hosting top flight football then that's all that matters.

I do think getting that stand built in just 12 weeks is fairly impressive, even if it is absolutely tiny and more suited to the Lancing U21 pitch.
In fairness to them, the new ground looks like it's going to be great and is much much closer to the station.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The local gypo's stole the runway lights from Luton Airport and sold them to the club as PL league ready.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Luton is is an absolute shit hole, according to the recent census the majority of the population which is growing rapidly are of Aisian heratige which no doubt irritates many of the ‘others’ making them very angry and aggressive with very little civil pride apart from their footy team, I haven’t seen many Luton games but I’m assuming the majority of their fan base are White?

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Luton is is an absolute shit hole, according to the recent census the majority of the population which is growing rapidly are of Aisian heratige which no doubt irritates many of the ‘others’ making them very angry and aggressive with very little civil pride apart from their footy team, I haven’t seen many Luton games but I’m assuming the majority of their fan base are White?

Or they could just be football fans like any others….blimey, who to slaughter next ? We’ve had Burnley, West Ham, Luton ever since we lost a game of football….

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We shouldn't get snotty about this The Goldstone wasn't Division 1standard in 1979 to 1983 either.

Remember the Lego Stand extension at the north west corner.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Call me morbid, call me pale, but can someone explain to me what the 'improvement' to the 'stadium' is? Have they put a roof on the toilet and plumbed in some hot water into the away team's changing room (portacabin)?
Premier League Ready means installing the correct cabling for the TV companies and VAR.

Don't worry, you can still have toilets with no hand dryer and 2" of piss on the floor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here