Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kemy Agustien

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Mourihno put Mata on his bike because he did not work hard enough. Some coaches want players to earn the right to play and then prove it on the pitch despite their undoubted brilliance. Maybe this is Kemi's problem.

I think this is it. He has to earn his place in the team. Although he has talent, his work rate is crap and then he moans that he isn't playing. I can see him leaving at the end of the season.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Mourihno put Mata on his bike because he did not work hard enough. Some coaches want players to earn the right to play and then prove it on the pitch despite their undoubted brilliance. Maybe this is Kemi's problem.

Your probably not far from the truth there, I get the feeling Oscar would rather play a lesser player that does the job he's asked to do than a more skilful player that doesn't.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Reminds me of Jan Molby.

Who ended up doing time for driving convictions !

I have to admit to having a big downer on Kemy. Given the disruption that off the field activities caused last year, I could see no reason for us to take on another club's problem child. Frankly he would have to be a football genius and live the life of a saint to persuade me otherwise and I admit that is a tad unrealistic.

Trying to be objective here, I saw glimpses pre-season that Kemy could increase our attacking options, he seems capable of moving the ball forward quickly in areas where we have sometimes been too ponderous. However what we have seen from him of late is completely the opposite, a tendency to over elaborate and I sense he feels that he needs to produce something out of this world to prove himself to everyone. Time and again he will take up an unpromising position on the edge of the area and point to his feet, hoping someone will give him the ball and he will be able to produce that piece of magic. I wonder if someone could get in his head, get him to relax and play with a smile on his face, whether we might start to see a decent player emerge.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

I have to admit to having a big downer on Kemy. Given the disruption that off the field activities caused last year, I could see no reason for us to take on another club's problem child. Frankly he would have to be a football genius and live the life of a saint to persuade me otherwise and I admit that is a tad unrealistic.

Trying to be objective here, I saw glimpses pre-season that Kemy could increase our attacking options, he seems capable of moving the ball forward quickly in areas where we have sometimes been too ponderous. However what we have seen from him of late is completely the opposite, a tendency to over elaborate and I sense he feels that he needs to produce something out of this world to prove himself to everyone. Time and again he will take up an unpromising position on the edge of the area and point to his feet, hoping someone will give him the ball and he will be able to produce that piece of magic. I wonder if someone could get in his head, get him to relax and play with a smile on his face, whether we might start to see a decent player emerge.

Agree with this. I think he is clearly talented and different creatively to anyone else in the squad, but struggles with fitness and attitude. I'd be very surprised if he is here next season. Another Ryan Harley!! But then even Sir Alex signed a few duds...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I agree with this. I was happy when we signed, a few games I saw him in last season he was brilliant and at the beginning of the season he looked talented but like he needed to sort out his fitness and head. Recently I would only put him on the bench if we have serious injury problems, he's looked so bad.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

This is a good assessment. It's a bit Catch 22 with Kemy. He really needs a decent run in the side to show what he can do, as opposed to brief cameos where he tries to over-compensate for the brevity of his time on the pitch, but does his work rate and end product really warrant a decent run in the side?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is a good assessment. It's a bit Catch 22 with Kemy. He really needs a decent run in the side to show what he can do, as opposed to brief cameos where he tries to over-compensate for the brevity of his time on the pitch, but does his work rate and end product really warrant a decent run in the side?

I agree. I am not one for chopping/changing the side. But lack of goals, and even shots on target recently, surely it has to be worth a go on Saturday, rather than sticking with the same, under-performing team?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very talented. Very lazy. Arrogant.

Presumably these things all came up in the database search as that was pretty much his reputation at Swansea and we thought we could overcome the last two attributes.

I'm going to sound like a grumpy old man now but when a player spends as much effort wrapping up against the cold and running his twitter account as he does on the pitch it's going to get picked up on.

Shame as he was brought in to replace Dicker and he's ridiculously more talented than Dicker was. In fact they're almost polar opposites.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Shame as he was brought in to replace Dicker and he's ridiculously more talented than Dicker was. In fact they're almost polar opposites.

I would say they are similar players in respect of what they can bring to the team i.e. having the vision and technique to deliver passes that most other midfielders can't. Dicker was brilliant at this at League 1 level but wasn't quite up to it in the Championship. Hopefully Kemy can get fit and provide the team with some much needed creativity, but with Orlandi coming back into the frame, he may find his chances limited.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
I agree. I am not one for chopping/changing the side. But lack of goals, and even shots on target recently, surely it has to be worth a go on Saturday, rather than sticking with the same, under-performing team?

But instead of who. Orlandi's getting back to fitness, i'd much rather have him playing and getting up to speed than Agustein. If anyone needs to be included in the team i'd rather have LuaLua or March starting, or putting Rogriguez or Obika on from the start in a wide position.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Agustein is the new Dobbie , FACT

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Dobbie was total shite the entire time he was here and he was our highest earner, his attitude was shite too and never actually cared.

Kemy has shown glimpses of what he can do but isn't being given a chance to prove himself, and from his Twitter - he is motivated and does play for the fans.....when they don't abuse him of course.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
The upside is he can pick a pass, the downside is he too easily robbed of the ball. The latter is due to fitness as everyone has stated. So Kemy if you are reading this you should now know what you need to do.
Good luck.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
did more on the wing against reading than i've seen lopez do in recent weeks

I thought Agustein was awful against Reading. And Lopez played in that game on the wing

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Very talented. Very lazy. Arrogant.

Presumably these things all came up in the database search as that was pretty much his reputation at Swansea and we thought we could overcome the last two attributes.

Sounds Like the database Guinness Boy refers to requires and upgrade, or perhaps a better data analysts if those two are products of it.

Also Guinness Boy, you should have added injury prone to that list, which he was plagued with at Swansea, playing only 39 games in three seasons with them.
All these things, I understood the data base was designed to stop us bringing players with such issues, into the club.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Unfortunately did not make much of his chance in last cup game even thou the team did win

RP13

Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I thought Agustein was awful against Reading. And Lopez played in that game on the wing

seem to remember him creating at least two chances for him self, providing the ball for barnes to knock down for crofts and having a shot excellently saved by federeci

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Not just referring to Kemy, but how much due diligence is undertaken by clubs before purchasing players who have had injury issues, mental and motivational issues. It strikes me now that there are some player whose goal is to get a prem contract. Once this is achieved they have reached their goal and its all a little downhill from there. We should beware of those who come to us from a prem contract, how motivated are they, do they live in the real world and are they prepared to give their all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here