Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Andrews

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Thought Ipswich did a good job on us today Typical Mcarthy away display
Pushing the limits on the tactical fouls Getting away with most of them unfortunately
Took their chances well ,when they came
Better team on the day won
All is not lost bring on the Boro next week

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Andrews
Ince
JFK.

Not a good enough midfield three IMO, especially for home games. Ince and JFK have a lot to learn! and Andrews isn't good enough.

Stephens played well at Bolton, strange decision to drop him.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Andrews
Ince
JFK.

Not a good enough midfield three IMO, especially for home games. Ince and JFK have a lot to learn! and Andrews isn't good enough.

Just trying to lighten the mood as it were NOT trying to start a row but JFK has been dead since 1963 Unless I'm mistaken 😈

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Really hating the way he always seems to keep a place in our team. Play 'our' player Stephens NOT some journeyman who plays sideways and slows everything down. Have some ambition at home Oscar. Also can't stand the way he appears to be some sort of spokesperson and he's always talking in the media. Bugger of back to Bolton. We always play better when he is not in the team.

Your English is coming in really well Kemy.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I have never been a fan of Andrews but have to say I thought it was the best I've seen him play today. He put in a couple of good crosses and had a couple of shots blocked. Certainly wasn't the worst player on the pitch

I hope your not referring to the hanging crosses that everyone rushed out done their shopping parked back up entered the ground again and watched Ipswich head it away!

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
Virgs as co-commentator was spot on when he said he was struggling to see anyone in a Brighton shirt who was up for the game and performed well. Only had a dodgy stream to judge but looked poor all round.

Agree with the general comments about Andrews this season BUT he was the pick of the midfield today and contender for our man of the match. I felt he gave his all and some of his passing was sublime. He seemed to play a with a much more attacking mindset today. No way he can be blamed for today at all.

Agree. Him & Bruno were my men of the matches. JFC shouldn't have been playing today. Indeed, I don't think he is good enough to start other than be on the bench at home.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?297767-BHA-v-Sheffield-Wednesday-Score-Predictor

We can do it on Tuesday can't we?

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
Andrews
Ince
JFK.

Bolton away win 2_0. Men of the match Stephens and Dunk. Lose at home to Ipswich and Stephens and Dunk not involved. ?????

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Don't really rate Andrews but thought he was good today also.JFC does not offer enough.Did anyone else find Nathan Jones after match comments about Stephens at Bolton a bit strange?.I thought he played well and when the commentator said as much too Jones he sounded surprised as if to say 'I don't agree'.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Andrews was as underachieving as usual today just everyone else put in less of a shift.
Week in week out Andrews has been playing arguably poorly in the middle with Ince anchoring. But Andrews has had at least two great games at anchor.
This begs the question why doesn't Andrews start deep and let Ince push up as more of the Toure we want him to be.
Today Andrews started deep and Ince got a bit overwhelmed and they switched back.
If they can get Ince to handle the higher role we'll get the best out of Andrews.
Sod knows why JFC has lost his bottle. The audacity and danger has gone from his game, pity.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I though Andrews was ok, you can argue at times he gives the ball away a bit too easy but you really can't question his work rate. If say Lopez has a bad game he has nothing to offer defensively while Andrews does.

I actually thought the weak link in midfield was Ince, normally outstanding but poor against Ipswich. I agree with 4-p that maybe we should try to change it around and have Andrews holding and Ince a bit more advanced and driving on with the ball, he looked quality the couple of times he was more advanced.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I agree. I don't mind Andrews but i do wonder what effect (particularly at home) playing 2 DMs has. I know Ince tends to have the slightly more advanced role than Andrews but i'd prefer to play 1 DM and allow a more progressive midfielder in. I think that's where we're missing Crofts and it is a mistake not playing Stephens.

Andrews is a very useful player, but I would only play him and Ince together in a very defensive set up. I think we would have had a much better chance of winning yesterday with Dale on the pitch, but maybe he isn't fully recovered from his minor injury yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here