Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Andrews

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even after that game I'd have still played Andrews.
I'd have played Stephens over JFC.

I paid more attention to JFC, today, as I know I'm very much in the minority.
Clearly he's a talented player, but he just doesn't seem to have any drive, umph about him.

I learned today he's around the ball, when it's through the middle, at either end.
He's plenty good enough at dead ball kicks, but he just isn't imposing enough or quick footed.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Probably not. A soft goal, perhaps, but BHA went into the game with a league-leading 17 clean sheets...

Everything is relative.

I think he's had a very solid season. What I'm saying is some people seem to need scapegoats whenever we lose a game. If Greer/Andrews had made an error directly leading to a goal they would be taken apart. Andrews really wasn't that bad today, agree with Stat Brother I think Forster Caskey is where you need to look, offered very little I thought despite being an 'attacking' midfielder.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Agree with the general comments about Andrews this season BUT he was the pick of the midfield today and contender for our man of the match. I felt he gave his all and some of his passing was sublime. He seemed to play a with a much more attacking mindset today. No way he can be blamed for today at all.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Even after that game I'd have still played Andrews.
I'd have played Stephens over JFC.

I paid more attention to JFC, today, as I know I'm very much in the minority.
Clearly he's a talented player, but he just doesn't seem to have any drive, umph about him.

I learned today he's around the ball, when it's through the middle, at either end.
He's plenty good enough at dead ball kicks, but he just isn't imposing enough or quick footed.

Completely agree with this and for me JFC is going backwards. Goes missing for too long in games and needs to find a way to get on ball in key areas more often. Also easily muscled out of games. We have all talked up his potential but his development seems to have halted. As for Andrews was far too close to the centre halves for long period and struggled with Williams movement

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Personally I thought Andrews actually played quite well, just once again it seems he's being used as a scapegoat. I do agree however, that Stephens was pretty unlucky not to play after his performance the other day. Andrews I guess got the nod due to his experience.

Bad day at the office.....move on!

This - but the ex-Barnes bashers need a new target and seeing as Dave didnt feature - today its Andrews. We had far worse players today than Andrews.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
He played well today. We just lost, and he's the obvious target for a binfest. I'm expecting many similar 'Andrews is crap' posts over the next few days. Happens to either him, Lopez, Bruno and (formally) Barnes after we lose.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Didn't think he was that bad today. Kuszczak made the error for the first goal but I doubt a thread criticizing him will be posted...

Agree and buckley at fault for the second - nice to see he was strong in the tackle! Not the first time a goal has resulted from getting a tackle in.

Andrews kept the ball moving and sprayed some lovely 30 yard passes across the park, and some deft chips in the box. Yes he is defensive, although if stephens was playing would not have changed the result, our problem as we all know is being clinical in front of goal, for which we failed unfortunately again today.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Agree with the general comments about Andrews this season BUT he was the pick of the midfield today and contender for our man of the match. I felt he gave his all and some of his passing was sublime. He seemed to play a with a much more attacking mindset today. No way he can be blamed for today at all.

Agree he was definitely the pick of our midfielders today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he is unfairly criticised on here. He does an immense job in guiding Ince and JFC through the game and just to add he wasnt the worst player today by any stretch of the imagination.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Andrews largely played well today, as said previously some of his passing was fantastic. How JFC got the nod over Stephens is completely beyond me :wozza:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
.....We miss Crofts !
Finally some sense.

Although he'd have still played in a midfield with Andrews.
JFC would be making cameo appearances, and we might not have signed Stephens.

Crofts has been our biggest loss, this season.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Blimey. I thought Andrews was one of only about 3 who had a decent game, the others being Ward and Lingard.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
i have been following the Albion since 1977 and unfortunately the crowd,not necessarily `fans` have always and sometimes unfairly quickly identified a scapegoat! Since we have been at The Amex, with all the high expectancy, this seems to have got worse! Barnes, Lopez,Ankergren,Brezovan,Greer,Harley,Navarro and now UNFAIRLY like some of the afore mentioned you can add Andrews to that list.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Really hating the way he always seems to keep a place in our team.

I am totally baffled by this too. What on earth has he done to seemingly justify a permanent place in the starting line-up? Slow, ineffectual and anonymous. Surprised that Stephens didn't start - perhaps related to Nathan Jones immaturely slagging him off in public after his decent performance at Bolton...?

I am also not convinced JFC is quite good enough. Shows some nice touches, but too lightweight.

We have better midfielders than these two - Stephens, Orlandi, Augestein, David...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here