Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keiren Westwood

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No, the reality is players don't wait. What you're saying makes no sense - obviously any player that signs before the final day of the transfer window has not waited until the last possible minute. You're saying that regardless of what we offer, no player will accept it until deadline day, because they MIGHT get a better offer.

I'm saying the chances of us making someone like Westwood an offer he can't refuse are slim to nonexistent and in the meanwhile we have no first choice keeper .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm saying the chances of us making someone like Westwood an offer he can't refuse are slim to nonexistent
Well you may well be right there. What sort of team do you expect to be taking him, and on what sort of wages?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well you may well be right there. What sort of team do you expect to be taking him, and on what sort of wages?

Someone like Wolves (who are my favourites for this season's award for spending money they dont have in search of the dream and risking going bust) or any club with parachute money to burn might pay him £20K a week - we wont.

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
Bump

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Someone like Wolves (who are my favourites for this season's award for spending money they dont have in search of the dream and risking going bust) or any club with parachute money to burn might pay him £20K a week - we wont.

Don't Wolves still have a season of parachute payments left?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why? has he signed then?

Well according to the Argus he is our no1 no 1 target. Bizarrely the other Argus story today is that Paul Scholes reckons Lingard should have been given game time at United last season. I thought they were pretty lightweight anyway not sure they needed another lightweight player in a season where the wheels came off.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/westwood-leaves.921733/

I think there quite a few keepers around.

List of Championship keepers last season:

Schmeichel
Heaton
Green
Legzdins
Grant
Al-Habsi
Federici
McCarthy
Darlow
Gerken
Loach