Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keiren Westwood

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I would be over the moooooon if we signed him. ( I haven't got a clue who he is or if he's any good.)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Decent keeper, I wouldn't mind that.

But I'm not convinced there is a shred of evidence to indicate he'd be coming to us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wouldn't be unhappy with him. People I think are expecting far too much and probably wouldn't be happy until we have someone like Buffon with Casillas as backup.

Did you watch the CL final? Schoolboy error by him. Surely, not good enough for us!?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Don't quite get the hero worship of TK. Yes he was a good keeper, especially in the first year. But he had his faults, like all keepers. But he is far from irreplaceable. Think there are other areas that are more cause for concern.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes he would, this is a keeper who has played most of his career in League two and the Conference. Kusczack has played at the highest level and it showed, it would OBVIOUSLY be a massive downgrade.

In PFA team of the year for the Championship when he was 24.

Only 4 games in the Conference, by the way when he was 20 ???

Only 29 now.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So people are complaining about replacing our Championship keeper with one that played regularly the first half of the PL last season? Don't get it. For once I agree with kevtherev - TK was/is great, but nowhere near the amazing player some people think he is.

Maybe a lot is made of his links to MUFC, but he only played 36 games for them in six years. That, surely speaks for itself when it comes to his true abilities?

I'd be happy with this signing.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Did you watch the CL final? Schoolboy error by him. Surely, not good enough for us!?

Banish him to the DS!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We need to be more ambitious than this, there are quality keepers in abundance in the top two divisions, many of which are bench warming and could realistically be targeted.

...you realise you've pretty much described Westwood there?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'd be very pleased with Westwood.

Always did think he looked a very good keeper, and wasn't at all surprised to see him get to the Prem.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Team of the year for a relegation scrapping Coventry. I just can't get excited by a keeper who has played practically all of his career below where we are and has just recently returned from a major shoulder injury, having played just 19 games in three years.

We need to be more ambitious than this, there are quality keepers in abundance in the top two divisions, many of which are bench warming and could realistically be targeted.

You do realise that his award means that Championship players voted him the best keeper in the league in 2009 ?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Team of the year for a relegation scrapping Coventry. I just can't get excited by a keeper who has played practically all of his career below where we are and has just recently returned from a major shoulder injury, having played just 19 games in three years.

Out of interest, who is it that you would want us to be targeting?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Out of interest, who is it that you would want us to be targeting?

Iker Casillas must be worth a cheeky offer (there's only so many Champions League medals one can win before getting bored), Thibaut Courtois must be fed up with going on loan and desperate for a permanent contract, while Manuel Neuer was crushed by Bayern's Champions League battering, so I imagine he'd be open to offers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here