Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Keeping the rivalry alive

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well as a Palace fan, I didnt know we were playing each other this Saturday until last week...which says a lot to what my feelings are of this sham season of televised kick about's.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well as a Palace fan, I didnt know we were playing each other this Saturday until last week...which says a lot to what my feelings are of this sham season of televised kick about's.

We're not.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Is Zaha in quarantine after his omission from the Ivory Coast team?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I kind of knew it was happening. But after the events of the last year, VAR and no fans at matches, I am struggling to muster up the hate. The Man U game for me, destroyed the little faith I still had. I am now, more than ever, aware that the rules are not made for #clubslikebrighton, but for the $$$ that the biggest clubs generate for TV, marketing and betting.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Many mouth off about the evils of corporate football and lament the fading of football's working-class roots. And yet they are so lacking in self-awareness that they pop on to another thread to sneer at the rivalries of the past because they are so woke.

It's ****ing Palace ... if you don't care then why do you even bother with football?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Usually the atmosphere in the stadium would help influence the game, obviously, so think the lack of fans will make this odd. Really any rivalry is between the fans, not the players.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Is Zaha in quarantine after his omission from the Ivory Coast team?

Again I do not know? I cant muster the interest even to look at football news at the moment. Its not that I dont care about my team its just football at the moment, playing games in empty stadiums with half hearted players and laws (VAR) That I dont understand.

I just cant get into it...Maybe next season if my new found love of lower league football wains.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Usually the atmosphere in the stadium would help influence the game, obviously, so think the lack of fans will make this odd. Really any rivalry is between the fans, not the players.

My boss can still be found saying:-

'I've never heard a silence like it'

Regarding palace's last goal against us.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I just cant get into it...Maybe next season if my new found love of lower league football wains.

Out of curiosity which lower league club would a Palace fan be following?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Again I do not know? I cant muster the interest even to look at football news at the moment. Its not that I dont care about my team its just football at the moment, playing games in empty stadiums with half hearted players and laws (VAR) That I dont understand.

Not an accusation I've seen this season, from any NSC'er, leveled at any Albion player.
(esp as Propper - 6 is injured)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Out of curiosity which lower league club would a Palace fan be following?

Ive been watching East Grinstead for about 4 years now, there are about 4 of us who starting going when Premier games are moved around to suit TV.
Being an old duffer I quite like watching football at 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday night at 07.30.

But last season and this we have been going home and away, like we used to in the olden days, you know fancy a game get in the car POTG and watch football, if your lucky with a pint of beer and a burger. A burger that comes in a napkin for £1.50 not in a box for a fiver.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ive been watching East Grinstead for about 4 years now, there are about 4 of us who starting going when Premier games are moved around to suit TV.
Being an old duffer I quite like watching football at 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday night at 07.30.

But last season and this we have been going home and away, like we used to in the olden days, you know fancy a game get in the car POTG and watch football, if your lucky with a pint of beer and a burger. A burger that comes in a napkin for £1.50 not in a box for a fiver.
Sounds tempting. Does the convenience of the timing of the games, the POTG, cheap food and a beer by the pitch make up for the life long relationship you’ve had with Palace? I just don’t get the same anticipation or buzz for non-league games (I go to Merthyr from time to time) that I do for a trip to Brighton.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Sounds tempting. Does the convenience of the timing of the games, the POTG and cheap food and a beer by the pitch make up for the life long relationship you’ve had with Palace? I just don’t get the same anticipation or buzz for non-league games (I go to Merthyr from time to time) that I do for a trip to Brighton.

Its starting to TBH, it didnt at first, but now I do actully get pretty excited when they score.

Its not Palace that lets it down ( for me ) its the whole of Pro football, teams with life long fans like us being thrown out of the league for owing less money than premier footballers earn in a week makes me sick to the stomach.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Not an accusation I've seen this season, from any NSC'er, leveled at any Albion player.
(esp as Propper - 6 is injured)

You say that but look at the scores of the games that have been played, they are on par with the 5 a side league I played at Crawley leisure center. You cant tell me that Liverpool and Man unt losing by 6 or 7 is normal ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here