Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim Richards

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
@FvHtweets: if you need to report an incidence of discrimination, please use @kickitout reporting line 0800 1699 414

This is the official complaint line for CKR's homophobic gestures. The guy is a prize tool and deserves to have a little FA investigation.

Big Ernie McCracken

Mar 9, 2009
Can we please just man up a little bit, was it that bad that people were fainting all over the stadium, if anybody finds that deeply offensive they need to get out more.

You cant give out stick to players then moan when it comes back.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Plonker, right in front of me and doesn't offend me in the slightest, but it's just the sort of stuff that the authorities are trying to stamp out .... the fact that he is a player doesn't give him any special licence

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Can we please just man up a little bit, was it that bad that people were fainting all over the stadium, if anybody finds that deeply offensive they need to get out more.

It's got nothing to do with "manning" up. It's about standing up to homophobic abuse. For the record I wasn't abusing CKR at all, and was deeply ashamed that he, a professional footballer, thought it prudent to make cock in arse gestures to the home fans.

I'm a little ashamed to say the least that there are people on here who appear to be defending his actions.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom

I don't mind players giving stick back but it was homophobic and that's what makes is unacceptable

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010

Some of our lot see players like apes behind bars, where they can gob off at them then flip them off when they're worked into a lather.
Say Richards was across a pub bar, would they talk shite then?
As above. That.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ok Wookie ... If one of our fans got banned for doing the same gesture would you stand up for them. Players need to rise above this sort of thing and not respond as this is the best retort

Do you feel the same if a black player was racially abused? Your comment suggests footballers should turn a blind eye to racially or sexually motivated verbal abuse and and so where do you draw the line? On the pitch? Outside the stadium after a match? Twitter? Or even walking down the street?

I'm not trying to draw a reaction but instead trying to understand your logic to whether homophobic or racial abuse should be tolerated.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Plonker, right in front of me and doesn't offend me in the slightest, but it's just the sort of stuff that the authorities are trying to stamp out .... the fact that he is a player doesn't give him any special licence

Spot on. It didn't offend me, but then again not much does. However someone at the FA needs to have a word in his ear.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's also blocked me on twitter for suggesting he's piled on the pounds. What a sensitive soul.

He has also blocked @NotGusPoyet on twitter, who appears to have responded with making dozens of fat jokes at CKR's expense.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At Ewood I thought he was the best player on the pitch, strong, good in the air, quick feet. Certainly had filled out a bit since he played for us.

A former Albion captain said that he thought that CKR would have weight problems as his attitude towards training was so casual. He will make good money in his career, but will always be one of those players who could have done far better had he added application to his talent.

Big Ernie McCracken

Mar 9, 2009
It's got nothing to do with "manning" up. It's about standing up to homophobic abuse. For the record I wasn't abusing CKR at all, and was deeply ashamed that he, a professional footballer, thought it prudent to make cock in arse gestures to the home fans.

I'm a little ashamed to say the least that there are people on here who appear to be defending his actions.

Not defending his actions but trying to add some perspective, these people that were so deeply offended by Richards responding, did they report the racist "kebab" comments to stewards.....no i thought not

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
He has also blocked @NotGusPoyet on twitter, who appears to have responded with making dozens of fat jokes at CKR's expense.

Gus Poyet ‏@NotGusPoyet
Tragic news, after a scuffle in the tunnel as players leave pitch, [MENTION=13951]colin[/MENTION]_kazim08 dip Gully in mayonnaise & eat him #bhafc #BRFC

Gus Poyet ‏@NotGusPoyet
[MENTION=13951]colin[/MENTION]_kazim08 claim he no make homophobic gestures to #bhafc fans but was instead impersonating the Chicken Tonight advert #BRFC

Gus Poyet ‏@NotGusPoyet
[MENTION=13951]colin[/MENTION]_kazim08 eat so many burgers after the match he now running in the 3.15 at Ascot tomorrow #bhafc #BRFC

Gus Poyet ‏@NotGusPoyet
Reporter asked [MENTION=13951]colin[/MENTION]_kazim08 what he think of Leicester, he reply he like two slices of it on a BaconDoubleCheeseburger #bhafc

Gus Poyet ‏@NotGusPoyet
Sat Nav users in Blackburn have been told to update their TomToms after [MENTION=13951]colin[/MENTION]_kazim08 's stomach was given it's own postcode #bhafc #BRFC

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

And this is why homophobic abuse is still prevalent in the game... As far as I'm aware, no racist or homophobic abuse was directed as CKR only comments on his (considerable) weight. To me, that's part and parcel of football (rightly or wrongly), his response crossed a line and he should be punished.

- - - Updated - - -

Gus Poyet ‏@NotGusPoyet
Tragic news, after a scuffle in the tunnel as players leave pitch, [MENTION=13951]colin[/MENTION]_kazim08 dip Gully in mayonnaise & eat him #bhafc #BRFC

Gus Poyet ‏@NotGusPoyet
[MENTION=13951]colin[/MENTION]_kazim08 claim he no make homophobic gestures to #bhafc fans but was instead impersonating the Chicken Tonight advert #BRFC

Gus Poyet ‏@NotGusPoyet
[MENTION=13951]colin[/MENTION]_kazim08 eat so many burgers after the match he now running in the 3.15 at Ascot tomorrow #bhafc #BRFC

Gus Poyet ‏@NotGusPoyet
Reporter asked [MENTION=13951]colin[/MENTION]_kazim08 what he think of Leicester, he reply he like two slices of it on a BaconDoubleCheeseburger #bhafc

Gus Poyet ‏@NotGusPoyet
Sat Nav users in Blackburn have been told to update their TomToms after [MENTION=13951]colin[/MENTION]_kazim08 's stomach was given it's own postcode #bhafc #BRFC

Those are fantastic!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not defending his actions but trying to add some perspective, these people that were so deeply offended by Richards responding, did they report the racist "kebab" comments to stewards.....no i thought not

I'm not sure that many are deeply offended but it's just something he or anyone shouldn't/can't do. I'm not sure how many would be offended by racist kebab comments but it's not the point .. the point is it's behaviour that has been deemed to be unacceptable and punished. So if anyone is caught, fan, player or official they get punished. In this respect Kazim-Richards is no different to any of us

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm not sure that many are deeply offended but it's just something he or anyone shouldn't/can't do. I'm not sure how many would be offended by racist kebab comments but it's not the point .. the point is it's behaviour that has been deemed to be unacceptable and punished. So if anyone is caught, fan, player or official they get punished. In this respect Kazim-Richards is no different to any of us

Exactly that. If a fan was stood in front of a policeman and made that gesture to a Brighton fan, he'd be thrown out of the ground and likely arrested. I'm not offended in the slightest, but that really isn't the point.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I'm really surprised at attitudes on here that seem to think what he did was OK! It wasn't an isolated incident in the heat of the moment if poor Colin is sensitive about his weight. He made the same gesture about five times.
It is the equivalent of racism and someone needs to make a stand. I'm shocked that the majority don't agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here