Kaz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So good, that he needed defensive support, and still couldn't prevent the average KLL getting a stack of crosses in (all useless).

Praising Solly is an attempt to excuse KLL's lack of end product.

Not the best right-back in the division but some of his getting beaten was to send Lua Lua in a place that allowed the covering defender to be favourite to block the cross or make it hard to cross well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
There is no doubting that Kaz put a shift in today, he worked very hard, but sadly to little or no effect. One or two decent balls in but Charlton had figured him out and defended him well this evening. He will have to learn to mix it up a little and surprise defenders rather than telegraphing his moves. I still see Kaz as a valuable impact player who can change a game late on if needed.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I get the impression sometimes from his Twitter feed (the ones I can read without him keyboard bellowing LOOOOOOL) that he's homesick. I think if he's suffering a dip in form, that could be a reason.

He needs a flag! Quick, who can rustle one up for Saturday?

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
I was very disappointed with Lua Lua. Agree with thread starter about getting head up, but main thing for me is that he actually slows the play down. While others play quick-ball, Lua Lua often takes too long to decide whether to pass or run with the ball. This often gives opposition defence time to get back, and explains why he often doesn't get in behind properly and is restricted to head-down by-line crosses.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
^ in reply to this, Vicente and Lopez are constantly floating balls into the box but this often means the striker has to put the work into to get pace on the header, not particularly easy for Ulloa on the penalty spot being pulled around by two big centre backs.

Anyone who said Vicente did nothing, he had our best chance, brilliantly saved. Also had a pretty decent 25 yard effort well saved by the keeper, resulting in a corner. Connected a lot of moves, to be fair not his best, but can't expect a player to come in after a while not playing and be at his best.

Lualua beat his man well most times, but end product was woeful all night. Crosses either didn't beat first man or were overhit, shots were all wayward. Beating your man means nothing if your going to give the ball away straight after. Therefore had a poor game.

People saying Poyet hasn't given him a chance, he's started the last 3. Good game against Palace, poor against Forest, including losing his temper and nearly costing the team, and very poor tonight. How many games should we allow him to play poorly for.

Also last thing, hate the fact every time he receives the ball he has to slow down to walking pace to accelerate past a defender. Is he incapable of running with the ball to start with?? Sometimes its very effective but usually results in slowing momentum down and letting the opposition get players behind the ball. Ruined many counter attacks today. Needs to be able to stop doing this each time if he's going to become a decent player.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Definitely agreeing with the critics! Thought LuaLua was nowhere near his best, he is too predictable in what he does. I've been saying this since the start of this season. Yes he gets past the man but he didn't get a decent cross in until his 12th attempt! As for his shooting, he had one on target straight at the keeper as I recall. All the others were high, wide and not at all handsome. Personally, I do think he is a great player, but good enough for the position we're in? I don't think so.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
^ in reply to this, Vicente and Lopez are constantly floating balls into the box but this often means the striker has to put the work into to get pace on the header, not particularly easy for Ulloa on the penalty spot being pulled around by two big centre backs.

Anyone who said Vicente did nothing, he had our best chance, brilliantly saved. Also had a pretty decent 25 yard effort well saved by the keeper, resulting in a corner. Connected a lot of moves, to be fair not his best, but can't expect a player to come in after a while not playing and be at his best.

Lualua beat his man well most times, but end product was woeful all night. Crosses either didn't beat first man or were overhit, shots were all wayward. Beating your man means nothing if your going to give the ball away straight after. Therefore had a poor game.

People saying Poyet hasn't given him a chance, he's started the last 3. Good game against Palace, poor against Forest, including losing his temper and nearly costing the team, and very poor tonight. How many games should we allow him to play poorly for.

Also last thing, hate the fact every time he receives the ball he has to slow down to walking pace to accelerate past a defender. Is he incapable of running with the ball to start with?? Sometimes its very effective but usually results in slowing momentum down and letting the opposition get players behind the ball. Ruined many counter attacks today. Needs to be able to stop doing this each time if he's going to become a decent player.

Great post. very accurate

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
He got past his man every time he tried, but the rest of his game was pretty poor.
Passing? He just doesn't really do it. Crosses were poor and always drilled into a defender in the box.
There were a few times where he got to the corner of the box and Ulloa was standing about 15 yards away waving his arms but Kaz would carry on blindly, either drilling another cross into a defender or spanking a shot miles over the crossbar.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

The weird thing is, he never used to do this when we first had him in League 1, he used to take the ball and leave the defender for dead. Now he slows right down and allows their defence to get back before he starts attacking again (and then beats his man and hits it as hard as he can in a completely random direction).

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Should easily have MOTM award for last night !!!

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
How is there not a thread for a performance that bad? Plenty of raw talent but no football brain and plays with his head down CONSTANTLY. You could see Charltob were perfectly happy to funnel the ball towards him because he'd do f*** all with it.

Cue him getting loads of 6s and 7s and people saying he was "lively".

Personally I thought he was extremely bad. I doubt Vicente is up to two games in a week, but I'd have him there on Saturday, or failing that, Orlandi.

Mar 10, 2006
Plenty of effort from Kaz but end product lacking last night and too willing to shoot from fantasy distances in the hope of a worldy. Buckley needs to toughen up over the summer - too lightweight and faffy.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
such a difference in opinions here.......indicating that a large number of posters are clueless muppets.........some of you must be right/wrong , i cant work it out.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Plenty of effort from Kaz but end product lacking last night and too willing to shoot from fantasy distances in the hope of a worldy. Buckley needs to toughen up over the summer - too lightweight and faffy.

buckley looks like he needs to finish his dinner a bit more often , tired and lightweight , an odd combination so soon after a break.......he did **** all against forest until he scored.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
For what it's worth, it looks to me as though Kaz has been coached to play in a way that doesn't suit his natural game. His biggest asset is his pace, but this season he seems too often to slow down play, come inside the full back, play the ball square across the edge of the box instead of going outside the fullback and crossing it from the goal line. If Gus wants his left sided midfielder to play like that, then fair enough, but play Orlandi or Vicente there. They can do all that and more. Kaz can't and IMO shouldn't be playing that way.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Bit harsh on Kaz IMO, it's his job to beat his man which he did time and time again tonight. Sometimes it's just not going to happen, tonight was one of those nights.

Get real, His job is to provide team mates with goal scoring opportunities, which he did not do,
Also, like someone said earlier, I cant understand why almost all our play is down the left side. A bit of variety would be nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports