Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaz

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This could be the most divisive football thread on NSC ever.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Jesus ****ing Christ he was being man marked by atleast 2 players every time and still manage to skill them up, he should of been MOM without a doubt, I hope the op is fishing.

Sometimes as a defender you allow yourself to be beaten as it takes the attacker into a blind alley. I got the sense a bit of that was going on leading to the second defender blocking the eventual cross or Kaz sending over a poor one from an unpromising position.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Must have been watching a different game to me. Had him down for man of match, only one who kept going at them and had their right back every time he went at him

Thought the same tbh ... How Buckley got the sponsors MOM baffles me he done diddly squat all game

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Jesus ****ing Christ he was being man marked by atleast 2 players every time and still manage to skill them up, he should of been MOM without a doubt, I hope the op is fishing.

No he's not fishing it's an opinion an opinion which I also share lua lua was so frustrating to watch tonight so much play went through him with no end product, crosses too long crosses too short ( not clearing the first defender ) and countless shots blazed miles wide
10/10 for effort
4/10 for end product

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The number of hopeless balls be ballooned over the bar and shots straight into the stand or at a player. Him and Buckley were awful tonight. We've got Upson Greer and Ulloa and couldn't seem to put one ball into their bonces in the box. Poor.

Flabbergasted that Buckley got MoM, he had a shocker.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thought the same tbh ... How Buckley got the sponsors MOM baffles me he done diddly squat all game

Buckley is usually anonymous in games when Vicente starts. This was another to add to the pile.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Bit harsh on Kaz IMO, it's his job to beat his man which he did time and time again tonight. Sometimes it's just not going to happen, tonight was one of those nights.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Against palace I got excited every time lua lua got the ball. Tonight I did not. Despite his endeavours tonight he was missing the sparkle and therefore didn't really threaten.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
And as for Vicente he is an impact player of the bench and not a starter looked like we were playing a man short in the 1st half

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
LuaLua was the only player that could consistently break down the Charlton defence, despite having 2 and sometimes 3 players marking him. I think the team knew this, which is why the ball was consistently fed to him. This also opened up space for other players. Granted, his end product wasn't as good as it can be, but I do think that he played some dangerous balls in that perhaps are attackers could have anticipated better. He also tracked back quite well, and played his part in the build up of some good attacks. Personally, I cannot understand how you think that performance by him was terrible - he was better than many tonight. But then again I can't understand how Buckley got MOM either.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Bit harsh on Kaz IMO, it's his job to beat his man which he did time and time again tonight. Sometimes it's just not going to happen, tonight was one of those nights.

Thats half his job!!!

The other half is to deliver quality crosses............Epic fail tonight.......Didnt deliver once...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
LuaLua put loads of effort in and you can't fault that but he had ZERO end product tonight, a good few times he was incredibly selfish too.

Got to be dropped for the next game, bring back Orlandi who should have been brought on.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He's really predictable in a sort of unpredictable way, if that makes sense.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agree with the OP. Appalling end product. Had a game much like Zaha against Bridge. Was shown the angle time after time because every cross was poor and every shot over. All he did was cut inside and lose it.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Thats half his job!!!

The other half is to deliver quality crosses............Epic fail tonight.......Didnt deliver once...

Could say the same about most of our players tonight. Vicente? Didn't see him do anything. Dave was off the boil, Buckley was pony but let's pick on Kaz because he didn't put a decent cross in? Poor all round tonight!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
LuaLua was the only player that could consistently break down the Charlton defence, despite having 2 and sometimes 3 players marking him. I think the team knew this, which is why the ball was consistently fed to him. This also opened up space for other players. Granted, his end product wasn't as good as it can be, but I do think that he played some dangerous balls in that perhaps are attackers could have anticipated better. He also tracked back quite well, and played his part in the build up of some good attacks. Personally, I cannot understand how you think that performance by him was terrible - he was better than many tonight. But then again I can't understand how Buckley got MOM either.

"Granted, his end product wasn't as good as I can be". If he has one role above all others, it is to create chances for others. Tonight 1 out of 10 = a failure at his one key task.

"Attackers could have anticipated more". They would have have to been taller than Zigic, or for those crosses that went straight out we would have needed a corrupt linesman to allow play to go on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here