Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaz

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Up against the best right back in the championship.

In which case we shouldn't have given him the ball nearly as much.

Lua Lua was out best player by some mile today.

Only if you measure it by shots and crosses attempted instead of their accuracy.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think he was much better in the second half than in the first. In the first he seemed to be very selfish, trying to take long range shots when passing was the better option. However he seemed to calm down in the second and was more willing to share the ball around, although Charlton were putting more pressure on him then.

Agree with other posters that we were generally poor though, just seemed sluggish.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Could say the same about most of our players tonight. Vicente? Didn't see him do anything. Dave was off the boil, Buckley was pony but let's pick on Kaz because he didn't put a decent cross in? Poor all round tonight!

But this thread is about Kazenga!!! Start another about other players you didnt feel had a good game and we can comment on them there....

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well me and the two people I sit next too as well as the people I sat next to on the train back all couldn't believe Buckley got MOM and thought it should have been Kaz.

It was just a frustrating night tonight. No point blaming anyone player for us not scoring.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Both their full backs were very good,certainly a lot better than Palace's

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I felt Greer, Buckley, and lualua were most frustrating today.

Yes, lualua frequently beat his man, but in the second half at least, every time he beat him, he'd stop and wait for their guy to catch up and block him. If he beat the first man it either went out of play or straight to the keeper.

Buckley seems to really lack confidence. The number of times he seemed to have an option to attack or shoot but hesitated, or tried to take his man on again was annoying. There was one break where if he'd had a bit of confidence/courage he could have broken and been one on one with the keeper, but he stopped, and waited for the teams to reset, waited for our ayers to get forward and provide passing option rather than taking the initiative and get forward himself, which also gave Charlton a chance to get me back.

Greer, he seemed to hoof the ball 80% of the time. Wasting possession then yelling at other people for not giving him someone to play it to eve when he had three or four short passes on.

It's weird, we dominated so much that you would think everyone was performing so well, but there were plenty of players not doing their jobs as well as they can or usually do.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Buckley has been the worst player in our 11 since Xmas.

Lua Lua is our best winger by a mile.

Buckley's gone off the boil since he signed the new contract, agreed. Almost like he's relaxed too much. Our best winger, however is Bridge. I like him and Orlandi playing because when he overlaps he always does something dangerous with the ball. Lua Lua had a great game against Palace but he's still more athlete than footballer.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
How is there not a thread for a performance that bad? Plenty of raw talent but no football brain and plays with his head down CONSTANTLY. You could see Charltob were perfectly happy to funnel the ball towards him because he'd do f*** all with it.

Cue him getting loads of 6s and 7s and people saying he was "lively".

8 or 9 shots not on target, clearly him hitting the target and scoring is about luck and not skill, too many crosses over hit, under hit or just wayward. His positional play and reading of the game are also lacking, sometimes I wonder what happens on the training ground or how some players see the game! Too predictable and slow, I truly believe that this level of football is too high for him. But its the manager who should reign in this wasteful use of posession, I'm with you on your comments, but what on earth is the manager doing about it?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Lua Lua has a limited box of tricks:

Collect ball and slow-down, then skin full-back on the outside.

Cut in and shoot with his right.

Pretend to cut in with his right, then use the outside of right-foot to turn and go on the outside.

The Charlton defenders sussed him out very early on and nullified him. He should have given them something else to think about such as going through the middle, which he did so effectively against Millwall a few games ago.

At least he's starting to run onto balls more now rather than always having to have them placed on his foot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here