Kaz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Kaz has always hit a good percentage of his crosses into the stand. His end product was just a bit more awry than usual tonight.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I Would play him 90 minutes every game of the season. Judge him on a full season not one game. Over a full season I think he would win us many points. He has been mucked about by Poyet the last two seasons and needs a few games to prove the JCLs what he can do.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One massive point that hasn't been addressed by those defending Kaz's woeful performance this evening: he plays with his head DOWN constantly. How is this good enough at the level we're aiming for now? He must drive the Spanish lads insane. Also he slows play down all the time.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
He wasn't as bad at the OP suggests but definitely not MOTM as despite plenty of endeavour, the final ball was once again lacking, that being said I thought Buckley was even worse.

Lua Lua is a flat track bully as far as I'm concerned if he can beat his full back for pace he can run riot, but as soon as his pitted against someone almost as quick who can read the game well (85% of Championship fullbacks) then he lacks the craft and guile to unlock defenses.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
One massive point that hasn't been addressed by those defending Kaz's woeful performance this evening: he plays with his head DOWN constantly. How is this good enough at the level we're aiming for now? He must drive the Spanish lads insane. Also he slows play down all the time.

This, and he did.
They visibly grew increasingly frustrated with his lack of team and space awareness.

Will he ever learn that or is it too late?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I Would play him 90 minutes every game of the season. Judge him on a full season not one game. Over a full season I think he would win us many points. He has been mucked about by Poyet the last two seasons and needs a few games to prove the JCLs what he can do.

So you're saying anyone criticising him is a JCL?

I remember him well in his first Withdeam spell. He was loaned to us so that Poyet could turn a gymnast/athlete in to a player. This is the best way to use the loan system for a loaning club and we did Newcastle proud but he's never quite been the finished article. This is why he's "mucked about". Because you have no idea whatsoever what he's going to do from one game to the next. Tonight I just saw someone who, to use a food metaphor, spent loving minutes cooking the perfect steak before throwing it up in the air in the hope it hit the plate.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Up against the best right back in the Championship.

You are having a LAUGH! They couldn't even find fitting shorts for the poor little lad. Talk about ordinary performances being blown up... ???

LuaLua - Not as good as Dave, Vicente, Orlandi etc, but his all round game is improving and I don't think this is the finished article yet. Will he blossom with 1 game a month on average? No. Sell in the summer if possible, with a sell on clause, and get in a more technical left winger with natural vision and end product. Or, just play Solly March.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
8 or 9 shots not on target, clearly him hitting the target and scoring is about luck and not skill, too many crosses over hit, under hit or just wayward. His positional play and reading of the game are also lacking, sometimes I wonder what happens on the training ground or how some players see the game! Too predictable and slow, I truly believe that this level of football is too high for him. But its the manager who should reign in this wasteful use of posession, I'm with you on your comments, but what on earth is the manager doing about it?

Top post.
Poyet seeks vision and team awareness in his players; KLL has none. Unless Poyet has a massive summer war-chest, we are lumbered with KLL for another 13 months.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
You are having a LAUGH! They couldn't even find fitting shorts for the poor little lad. Talk about ordinary performances being blown up... ???

LuaLua - Not as good as Dave, Vicente, Orlandi etc, but his all round game is improving and I don't think this is the finished article yet. Will he blossom with 1 game a month on average? No. Sell in the summer if possible, with a sell on clause, and get in a more technical left winger with natural vision and end product. Or, just play Solly March.

This.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Kaz doesn't really 'cross' the ball in the conventional sense of the word, he just gets it to the byline and aims his shot back into the box in the hope that it'll ricochet to one of our players. Thought either he or Will would eventually win a penalty for us tonight, but Charlton contained them well.

Needs to look up and work out how to float a ball across the box occasionally, rather than this current hit and hope style which can be wasteful, considering how good he is at actually getting into those dangerous positions.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

What? Solly is the best right back on this league and has been ever since charlton got here.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I get the impression sometimes from his Twitter feed (the ones I can read without him keyboard bellowing LOOOOOOL) that he's homesick. I think if he's suffering a dip in form, that could be a reason.

But from the NW corner, in the second half he looked dangerous, and as others have said, more threatening than others on the pitch cough*Vicente*cough

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
What? Solly is the best right back on this league and has been ever since charlton got here.

So good, that he needed defensive support, and still couldn't prevent the average KLL getting a stack of crosses in (all useless).

Praising Solly is an attempt to excuse KLL's lack of end product.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Wow, some very diverse views this evening. I would have made Lua Lua MOM this evening, purely because he was the one attacking player who consistently wanted the ball and had the beating of his man. Sure, too many of his crosses were off target, but he was our biggest threat by a country mile. Thought Buckley was poor by his standards this evening and was surprised he wasn't taken off for the last 20 for Orlandi.

Overall it was far from our best performance but on another day we could have won comfortably. Charlton needed a bit of luck but got their tactics just about right.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
No, not everyone's a JCL but there are many who criticise that are. People that went to Charlton away in league one would argue he was the finished article back then. Who actually has a better long range shot than him in the squad when the ball is in play? Yes, he did sky a few tonight however.

Sometimes that steak hits the plate and sometimes somebody is close enough to do it for him without breaking the 3 second rule.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports