Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kaoru Mitoma [27/2/24 - possibly out for the rest of the season]

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I can't quite put my finger on why, but something tells me you're a 'glass half empty' person. :unsure:

I see myself as an optimistic person mainly and IMO this season has been amazing! The fact that we're in the last 16 of the Europa League, blows my tiny mind. Finishing top 10 in the PL is still amazing we've only been here 6 years and we've steadily made exceptional progress. My step dad will no longer bet me £20 that we get relegated (I'm not very happy about that as he was adding in other bets as well and I was getting at least £40 at the end of the season).
Two FA cup semi's. When I took my kids in 2019 I assumed it would be a 'one off, one in a lifetime opportunity', so could justify spending a fortune to go. Turns out I forked out a fortune last year for another one.
I had to spend another fortune around Xmas to buy tickets to a bloody final 16 of the Europa League match as well. 6 years, 2 FA cup semi finials and a Europa League cup run, I'm ecstatic about that.
Top your glass up and enjoy the ride. (y)
I can't quite put my finger on why, but something tells me you're a 'glass half empty' person. :unsure:

I see myself as an optimistic person mainly and IMO this season has been amazing! The fact that we're in the last 16 of the Europa League, blows my tiny mind. Finishing top 10 in the PL is still amazing we've only been here 6 years and we've steadily made exceptional progress. My step dad will no longer bet me £20 that we get relegated (I'm not very happy about that as he was adding in other bets as well and I was getting at least £40 at the end of the season).
Two FA cup semi's. When I took my kids in 2019 I assumed it would be a 'one off, one in a lifetime opportunity', so could justify spending a fortune to go. Turns out I forked out a fortune last year for another one.
I had to spend another fortune around Xmas to buy tickets to a bloody final 16 of the Europa League match as well. 6 years, 2 FA cup semi finials and a Europa League cup run, I'm ecstatic about that.
Top your glass up and enjoy the ride. (y)
Like I said , I knew we would lose tonight
we have too many injuries and Mitoma injury was the one when I realised that it will be an uphill struggle for the rest of the season ,
like you have enjoyed the RDZ time as manager , but we won’t be getting to any semi finals this year ,
to be honest last season was fantastic, this seas has been ruin by too many injuries

Jimmy Grimble

RDZball just doesn’t work without proper wingers, does it?

Wins against a hopeless Sheffield United, a dismal Palace and a Spurs side who leave themselves wide open to any attacking system.

We simply do not create enough without March/Mitoma out wide. And we don’t appear to have the ability to grind a game out. Not ideal.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
RDZball just doesn’t work without proper wingers, does it?

Wins against a hopeless Sheffield United, a dismal Palace and a Spurs side who leave themselves wide open to any attacking system.

We simply do not create enough without March/Mitoma out wide. And we don’t appear to have the ability to grind a game out. Not ideal.

99% convinced this will be sorted for next season.

March, Osman and Adingra will be joined by a huge talent, even if we don’t keep Mitoma.

It’s worth remembering that Potter pretty much purged the club of wingers and full backs as he wanted central defenders or midfielders playing on the flanks.

Jimmy Grimble

99% convinced this will be sorted for next season.

March, Osman and Adingra will be joined by a huge talent, even if we don’t keep Mitoma.

It’s worth remembering that Potter pretty much purged the club of wingers and full backs as he wanted central defenders or midfielders playing on the flanks.
Trouble is, it should have been sorted out in January. We’re now out of the FA Cup, looking over our shoulder in the table and worrying about how we’ll score against Roma.

According to some arsenal twitter he's off to them in summer for under 80 million and it's a done deal! And, he's alleged to have asked Brighton for an easier move rather than the Caicedo bidding war last summer!🤣🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240417_193158_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240417_193158_Facebook.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
According to some arsenal twitter he's off to them in summer for under 80 million and it's a done deal! And, he's alleged to have asked Brighton for an easier move rather than the Caicedo bidding war last summer!🤣🤣
If we did sell him for a tiny bit below £80m, I doubt the club would put up a fight like they did with Caicedo unless it’s Chelsea we’re selling him to!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I can believe that, as that's how we always do business.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yeah I noticed that, If Mitoma does leave I think I will miss sitting next to the random drunk Japanese lad trying to swear, and falling over their seats at half time. Hopefully he stays.

I wonder who it is that you actually think you've met as all the japanese fans I've met and chatted to have been the nicest, most gentle, genuine and respectful of fans I have met anywhere in 50+ years of watching the Albion :shrug:

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I wonder who it is that you actually think you've met as all the japanese fans I've met and chatted to have been the nicest, most gentle, genuine and respectful of fans I have met anywhere in 50+ years of watching the Albion :shrug:
I totally agree! It wasn't a sarcastic post. I love that some of them enjoy themselves, even with some of the lads being a bit tipsy they are polite. I adore Japanese people, I love the culture.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The Japanese do absolutely love a drink though. Ever been?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Seems strange that Mitoma is injured but a team is prepared to pay £70-80m.
Not saying that there isn’t something in this, however can’t see anyone saying they’d want to replace a certain player.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I was there many years ago on a business trip. They love whiskey, especially Bushmills, and drink till they fall over. Sake is for tourists🤣
The sight of rows and rows of absolutely plastered salarymen ordering endless whiskey and shochu is one of the wonders of the world. Literally drinking until they fall over, as you say.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
How shit we've been without him shows to me he is more irreplaceable than Caicedo. However with us having already signed Osman i imagine it's only a matter of time before he leaves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here