NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
FFS not another one.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He pulled out of the Japan squad for the recent internationals because of injury. I think some on here dismissed it as/hoped it was just missing winnable games to have a bit of a rest.

It is entirely possible that the rumours relate to this "injury", it's also possible the injury was more serious than some treated it when it was announced a week and a bit back. Discussed in https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/japans-mitomas-next-two-fixtures.404710/ and https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/injuries.404596/

JFA seems to be very concerned about Mitoma's workloads. Hope there's a resolution.

The Japan Football Association is very concerned that he will be out for two times in a row, following last month's national team match. After notifying Brighton of the test results, which showed that Mitoma was "on the verge of a mustle tear," the JFA plans to dispatch a representative staff member to Brighton to discuss the situation.

The Argus have written an article about him, Dunk, Lamptey and Milner being back in training (albeit in the warm up, no contact shown in photos) as the four being players that fans were concerned about with regard to injury, so it's not news.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We really are down to the bare bones...

Big Zuu GIF

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
In case anyone's wondering (I was), last year we had one entry in this list - Alexis Mac Allister at number 47.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a SHIT bounce - my heart sank until I saw the date 🤣

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
71 Kaoru Mitoma

Age 26

Team Brighton / Japan

Position Winger

Rank New

It might surprise some that Kaoru Mitoma is 26 years old. His teenage years and early 20s were spent in Japan, where he turned down professional contracts to study at the University of Tsukuba, writing his thesis on dribbling. Attaching cameras to teammates and opponents, he “learned that the good players weren’t looking at the ball, they would look ahead” to assess body positions and a player’s centre of gravity. By the end of his research, Mitoma concluded: “The power of my characteristic dribbling has doubled.” A debutant on this list, his continued progress under Roberto De Zerbi at Brighton in the past year has been frightening. Mitoma is now one of the finest dribblers in Europe, showcased by his slalom run and finish against Wolves. Michael Butler

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
71 Kaoru Mitoma

Age 26

Team Brighton / Japan

Position Winger

Rank New

It might surprise some that Kaoru Mitoma is 26 years old. His teenage years and early 20s were spent in Japan, where he turned down professional contracts to study at the University of Tsukuba, writing his thesis on dribbling. Attaching cameras to teammates and opponents, he “learned that the good players weren’t looking at the ball, they would look ahead” to assess body positions and a player’s centre of gravity. By the end of his research, Mitoma concluded: “The power of my characteristic dribbling has doubled.” A debutant on this list, his continued progress under Roberto De Zerbi at Brighton in the past year has been frightening. Mitoma is now one of the finest dribblers in Europe, showcased by his slalom run and finish against Wolves. Michael Butler
He wrote a thesis in dribbling?

Amazing the commentators never mention it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As much as I love him, as much as his goal at Wolves was incredible, as much as he raises our profile and merch sales in Asia, as much as I LOVE that he’s studied dribbling….,

He only has one foot. He’s massively scared of making a mistake with his left foot. And everyone’s worked it out.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
As much as I love him, as much as his goal at Wolves was incredible, as much as he raises our profile and merch sales in Asia, as much as I LOVE that he’s studied dribbling….,

He only has one foot. He’s massively scared of making a mistake with his left foot. And everyone’s worked it out.
I suspect this unlikely to end well 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here