Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kacper Kozłowski SINGS a four-and-a-half year deal

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yes but we may walk out in front of a bus tomorrow.

Personally I am old school and want our purchases to be available and to be in contention, not farmed out to some Belgium team I don’t give two ****s about. I have seen so many players come and go in my 48 years of supporting us that I am well past looking forward to players who may or may not play for us in 5 years time

I suppose then let your dying though be, " well I got to see Robert Sanchez be a brilliant keeper even though I was underwhelmed or oblivious when he signed as a 14 yr old" or "I got top see Biss develop from a player not quite ready for the PL when he first signed to a CL quality player now"

Oh and Kozlowski is on 4.5 years so unless he extends he won't be playing for us in 5 years :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have watched him play here in Poland and the guy is an amazing talent and thought of as the best player in Polish football at the moment.
Get ready for hoards of Polish fans on social media. lol

Looks like a young Kazimierz Deyna without the 70s haircut.

Could be a good sign.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Personally I am old school and want our purchases to be available and to be in contention, not farmed out to some Belgium team I don’t give two ****s about. I have seen so many players come and go in my 48 years of supporting us that I am well past looking forward to players who may or may not play for us in 5 years time

The ONLY way the Albion can hope to compete with the Big Six is to take the approach Tony has, and that is to form relationships with other clubs, buy, loan, develop then bring them into the matchday squad. And the wait is rarely 5 years, more likely 1-2 years in most cases.

Moder, Sanchez, Ben White and Dan Burn have all been recent successes after having been signed and loaned out again, and there is a good chance Khadra, Mitoma and Caicedo will all return and feature in our 2022/23 Prem squad.

The EFL is littered with clubs who have bought big and failed, and now have Balance Sheets with £100+million of debt. They try and compete with yo-yo clubs flush with parachute payment cash for promotion spots with one arm tied behind their backs. Their only way back is to use the loan market which - in turn - is a ready-made market for us.

We cannot sustain £62,705,000 losses like we did in y/e 30th June 2020. Covid will blight the 2020/21 accounts too, although the Ben White sale will partially offset that in 21/22.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The ONLY way the Albion can hope to compete with the Big Six is to take the approach Tony has, and that is to form relationships with other clubs, buy, loan, develop then bring them into the matchday squad. And the wait is rarely 5 years, more likely 1-2 years in most cases.

Moder, Sanchez, Ben White and Dan Burn have all been recent successes after having been signed and loaned out again, and there is a good chance Khadra, Mitoma and Caicedo will all return and feature in our 2022/23 Prem squad.

The EFL is littered with clubs who have bought big and failed, and now have Balance Sheets with £100+million of debt. They try and compete with yo-yo clubs flush with parachute payment cash for promotion spots with one arm tied behind their backs. Their only way back is to use the loan market which - in turn - is a ready-made market for us.

We cannot sustain £62,705,000 losses like we did in y/e 30th June 2020. Covid will blight the 2020/21 accounts too, although the Ben White sale will partially offset that in 21/22.

Possibly Jan Paul Van Hecke too as he’s getting good reviews from Blackburn fans.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It's not one or the other though is it.........Cucurella for example walked into the first XI and has been brilliant. Relying on buying PL-ready players is unsustainable and undoable for a club like ours - paying 8m now for someone who might be replacing perhaps a £50m player next season makes far more sense

Chopera

Apr 23, 2021
It's not one or the other though is it.........Cucurella for example walked into the first XI and has been brilliant. Relying on buying PL-ready players is unsustainable and undoable for a club like ours - paying 8m now for someone who might be replacing perhaps a £50m player next season makes far more sense

Mwepu pretty much walked straight in to the matchday squad as well. I think the club's policy is buy to develop, but if word on the steet is there's a young Spanish international (or similar) with a 15 million buy out clause then go for it.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I 100% agree. Add into that Alexis Mac Allister (loans at Argentinos and Boca) and Steven Alzate (loan at Swindon). Sometimes, like Tau and Karbownik, it doesn't work out but I have to say, having watched us spunk vast sums on "first teamers" like Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and Andone, I LOVE the way we do our transfer business. The occasional first teamer like Webster, Trossard, Maupay and Cucurella are great, but I'm so excited by our youngsters that we've signed and what the future holds.

In two years time, Caicedo replaces Bissouma hypothetically and we've spend £5m on a replacement. The potential of that is what's so exciting and I enjoy trawling the European leagues to find out whether these gables are paying off or not.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I 100% agree. Add into that Alexis Mac Allister (loans at Argentinos and Boca) and Steven Alzate (loan at Swindon). Sometimes, like Tau and Karbownik, it doesn't work out but I have to say, having watched us spunk vast sums on "first teamers" like Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and Andone, I LOVE the way we do our transfer business. The occasional first teamer like Webster, Trossard, Maupay and Cucurella are great, but I'm so excited by our youngsters that we've signed and what the future holds.

In two years time, Caicedo replaces Bissouma hypothetically and we've spend £5m on a replacement. The potential of that is what's so exciting and I enjoy trawling the European leagues to find out whether these gables are paying off or not.

Indeed. It's really not that hard to understand. The policy makes perfect sense and is completely sustainable, unlike the other option.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Indeed. It's really not that hard to understand. The policy makes perfect sense and is completely sustainable, unlike the other option.

I concur. Since our policy changed, we signed Lamptey, Moder and Mac Allister for the same price as Jahanbakhsh. Jahanbakhsh left on a free and those three would fetch ~£75 in today's market.

I know who I'd rather sign!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I concur. Since our policy changed, we signed Lamptey, Moder and Mac Allister for the same price as Jahanbakhsh. Jahanbakhsh left on a free and those three would fetch ~£75 in today's market.

I know who I'd rather sign!
The policy hasn't changed in the slightest.
Argie McJocko's transfer has been on going for years.

Ali J was one of a plethora of signings between £15 - £20m.
They range from Biss and Tross through to Ali J and Big Jurg via Wavy Davy.

The 3 positives you mention come in the same price bracket as a whole host, and ever increasing, amount of young talent, most of which are far from the first team.

I don't think you're being fair on any level.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The policy hasn't changed in the slightest.
Argie McJocko's transfer has been on going for years.

Ali J was one of a plethora of signings between £15 - £20m.
They range from Biss and Tross through to Ali J and Big Jurg via Wavy Davy.

The 3 positives you mention come in the same price bracket as a whole host, and ever increasing, amount of young talent, most of which are far from the first team.

I don't think you're being fair on any level.

By policy change, I mean Ashworth coming in. The recruitment has been much better from that point on. Our worst "big money" signings all came pre-Ashworth, we've had very few failures since then. Mind you, you seem to disagree with everyone these days, so I'll take your affront at my clearly tongue in cheek comparison with a pinch of salt.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I believe the player he glides past in the clip at 45 seconds is the one and only Jakob Moder!

DA - "Jakub, is there any other young Polish player we should be looking at?"

JM - "Yes Sir. There is this one little ****er who done me like an absolute ****ing kipper! I couldn't live with the ****. Best thing to come out of Poland since ****ing walkie talkies! Sign him up boss!".

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
Welcome Kacper!

The other Belgian teams must get so pissed off at Tony :D

there's only ever been 3 bigger transfer fees paid by a Belgian club than £8m, must hurt them to see us sign Kacper and immediately ship him to Union

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
By policy change, I mean Ashworth coming in. The recruitment has been much better from that point on. Our worst "big money" signings all came pre-Ashworth, we've had very few failures since then. Mind you, you seem to disagree with everyone these days, so I'll take your affront at my clearly tongue in cheek comparison with a pinch of salt.
You really don't know that, yet.
Although ATM the future looks rosy (as you'd expect for a team 8th and with a 3% chance of Champions League football next season)

My point is the best/worst Ashworth signings are yet to reach fruition.

The difference is two of those signings need to fail to equal that of a Big Jurg failure.
But by the same token I've lost count of how many such signing are now on the books.

The sale of Tross and Biss could easily outweigh the loss of the 'bad deals'.

Hopefully the same will apply to the Ashworth era - but that's not for now.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

To be fair to the pre Ashworth appointments, when we first came up, we couldn't afford to look 5 years ahead. We have to get players in who could keep us up that season. And they did. Inevitably when you are making those sort of purchases, there was an element of risk. We made more good signings than bad ones

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here