hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
9 times out of 10, that's given as a yellow
I'd say that is nonsense.

8 times out of 10 that is given red.

The other 2 the ref gives a yellow, then changes it to red once the VAR take a look.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
100%. It looks as intentional as you can possibly be from those last angles. Shocking challenge.
He definitely meant it. Red mist and all that.

Rashford's was different, he didn't mean it as you could see where he put his foot was quite a natural movement and position and he didn't force his foot down with any real aggression. Dahoud's foot went down far more aggressively and in an unnatural position for that type of attempted 'shield'. It was a really nasty challenge and 100% a red card.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I personally thought Dahoud had a better first half than Gilmour yesterday as Gilmour lost the ball in dangerous positions a couple of times when attempting to do something slightly more ambitious than his stock short passing. However, in the second half Dahoud then misplaced a couple of his passes and then made his bizarre error. For what it's worth, our coach then subsequently thought Gilmour had to be replaced. I wouldn't put it down as a particularly great afternoon for either player but Dahoud's was obviously the critical error of the game. Alongside Adingra losing the ball clumsily on the edge of the box for the equaliser (a player largely escaping criticism for this, because of his goal).
Agree with that, I thought Dahoud had a better first half than Gilmour too. Like JPVH, WBG is a bit of a favourite on here and gets away with a lot as he looks busy on the pitch but I think he's quite limited and I'm far from convinced about him. I don’t think RDZ is sure about him either.

Personally I prefer Dahoud as a player but at least WBG hasn't made a ridiculously dangerous challenge that cost us two points.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Agree with that, I thought Dahoud had a better first half than Gilmour too. Like JPVH, WBG is a bit of a favourite on here and gets away with a lot as he looks busy on the pitch but I think he's quite limited and I'm far from convinced about him. I don’t think RDZ is sure about him either.

Personally I prefer Dahoud as a player but at least WBG hasn't made a ridiculously dangerous challenge that cost us two points.

Both JPVH and Gilmour are young, both still learning.

Dahoud should be much better than Gilmour given the sizable gap in age and football experience. I think there isn’t loads between the two, Dahoud is definitely improving but I think Gilmour has been more effective so far in terms of creating chances/providing assists etc.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

And a suspension when we're short of players...🤦‍♂️

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Totally agree with your thoughts on Billy and Dahoud.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Both JPVH and Gilmour are young, both still learning.

Dahoud should be much better than Gilmour given the sizable gap in age and football experience. I think there isn’t loads between the two, Dahoud is definitely improving but I think Gilmour has been more effective so far in terms of creating chances/providing assists etc.
Gilmour has played 77 Premier League games so he’s already had a fair bit of “learning”. I’m of the view Dahoud has shown he’s a better player already and will get better as he acclimatises to the Prem.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree Gilmour moves into space very well, but as I have said before this is only when there is space and the midfield is open, isn’t very tight or congested. He isn’t strong enough to dictate play otherwise. In short I think he is quite a lightweight player. Good for some games, too weak for others.

I think you’re both correct in that Dahoud’s becoming an excellent DM/allrounder, whilst Gilmour when on form is a quality creator and passer.

Gilmour’s failing is a lack of pace in PL terms, he’s not great when we lose the ball, as a result I prefer him as part of a three.

Very different types of player imho.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I do think tiredness was a factor.

He'd played 65 mins on Thursday and RDZ was just about to bring him off.

He hasn't been playing regularly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here