Not open for further replies.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
the full harris said:

ita_cassano_160.jpg

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
So Peter after being lucky to lose 5-1 and again having serious worries about the last 9 matches of the season the last thing I need is a bogus text scenario.
Its a fair point that there might be more than one Yorkie, but more likely its someones idea of a 'joke' at either Yorkie or Mark McGhee's expense.
They're not that clever as has been pointed out because they left their number behind, I now have it and hope to find out who it was.
When we do that I can first point out that the view expressed in the text is that of someone who really knows nothing about football or the Albion's current situation, because if DK gets rid of McGhee now he might as well go and hand deliver Brighton's entry to next season's LDV competition.
And of course I will be letting Yorkie know who her would be Mike Yarwood is.
Needless to say Colon has been told, AGAIN, that if a text has a certain content and has merely a nickname assigned to it he shouldn't read it out.
The majority still use proper names, its not that hard!

D

Drips

:clap2:
Fair play Harty.

Cant you put the number on here so we can all let him/her know how funny it was?
:p

Last edited by a moderator:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I knew you couldn't stay away. :lolol: :jester:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Peter said:
Is there only one Brighton supporter in existance with the nickname Yorkie?

Does the world revolve around NSC and certain arrogant posters?

Maybe this was a ploy by Harty to bring up just these assumptions.

Above all else who gives a f***.

Very well said sir:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
Peter said:
Is there only one Brighton supporter in existance with the nickname Yorkie?

Does the world revolve around NSC and certain arrogant posters?

Maybe this was a ploy by Harty to bring up just these assumptions.

Above all else who gives a f***.

Top post.
the 2nd and 4th sentence sums up just how i've been feeling lately.
After last weeks SCR crap on here i vowed i wouldn't come on here again....But...i miss the level-headedness of a couple of posters. I thought i'd just pop my head round the door to see whats going on in the world that is NSC and surprise surprise there this thread!!!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'bve nothing against Yorkie, or indeed, anyone on here - but didn't realise the name was trademarked.

If, for instance, someone called John now slags of McGhee, are we going to have hundreds of distraughts Johns complaining.

I like NSC, but I do think people here forget that it only represents a fraction of Albion's support - I know far more fans who've never looked at it or don't bother regularly than fans who are addicted.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Harty said:
So Peter after being lucky to lose 5-1 and again having serious worries about the last 9 matches of the season the last thing I need is a bogus text scenario.
Its a fair point that there might be more than one Yorkie, but more likely its someones idea of a 'joke' at either Yorkie or Mark McGhee's expense.
They're not that clever as has been pointed out because they left their number behind, I now have it and hope to find out who it was.
When we do that I can first point out that the view expressed in the text is that of someone who really knows nothing about football or the Albion's current situation, because if DK gets rid of McGhee now he might as well go and hand deliver Brighton's entry to next season's LDV competition.
And of course I will be letting Yorkie know who her would be Mike Yarwood is.
Needless to say Colon has been told, AGAIN, that if a text has a certain content and has merely a nickname assigned to it he shouldn't read it out.
The majority still use proper names, its not that hard!

If it is another Yorkie and I had 'Original Yorkie' giving me an earful on Tuesday after having my number given to her by the BBC, I imagine a fairly large complaint to said organisation would follow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Harty said:
can first point out that the view expressed in the text is that of someone who really knows nothing about football or the Albion's current situation, because if DK gets rid of McGhee now he might as well go and hand deliver Brighton's entry to next season's LDV competition.
I think it was fairly obvious from the content of the text that it was a complete and utter wind-up. Calling for "McGhee Out" and using someone elses NSC username was just some sad cases' idea on how to get a reaction - all a bit childish really. I was quite surprised you referred back to it and asked the "texter" to call in and justify his views - it was so clearly a piss-take it wasn't even worth mentioning.

I can understand Yorkie being bloody annoyed though.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I think it was fairly obvious from the content of the text that it was a complete and utter wind-up. Calling for "McGhee Out" and using someone elses NSC username was just some sad cases' idea on how to get a reaction - all a bit childish really. I was quite surprised you referred back to it and asked the "texter" to call in and justify his views - it was so clearly a piss-take it wasn't even worth mentioning.

I can understand Yorkie being bloody annoyed though.

ahhh comeon easy 10.....i thought with your "humour" skills you'd be able to distance yourself from the situation.

why do you assume it was a windup, there are so many more fans than NSC, sometimes I wish people would just realise that!

Peter

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
The most cringeworthy aspect of the whole episode was the fact that the aforementioned "Yorkie" was SO riled, that she had to get some old biddy from the supporters coach to phone up in defence of her, now "Yorkie" had not even heard the text message herself she was informed by the new supporters club network itself ...members of NSC:rolleyes:

...and now after crushing NSC'ers arrogance in the last few weeks and standing up for what he believes in, Harty has u-turned and is pandering to some NSC stlye Richie Morris witch hunt, damn, I can't wait to tune into the radio on Tuesday for that saga. It's like the WWF!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
bigc said:
ahhh comeon easy 10.....i thought with your "humour" skills you'd be able to distance yourself from the situation.

why do you assume it was a windup, there are so many more fans than NSC, sometimes I wish people would just realise that!
Just being honest with my immediate reaction when I heard the text. Yorkie has phoned and texted the show quite often before, so although, yes, it IS possible that someone else with the name "Yorkie" texted in with a genuine opinion like that..my gut feeling is that this was just a daft wind-up.

Could be wrong of course, in which case my apols to "The Other Yorkie" (not that they'll be reading)...but come on, its pretty blatantly a wind-up.....

...innit ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Peter said:
The most cringeworthy aspect of the whole episode was the fact that the aforementioned "Yorkie" was SO riled, that she had to get someone old biddy from the supporters coach to phone up in defence of her, now "Yorkie" had not even heard the text message herself she was informed by the new supporters club network itself ...members of NSC:rolleyes:

...and now after crushing NSC'ers arrogance in the last few weeks and standing up for what he believes in, Harty has u-turned and is pandering to some NSC stlye Richie Morris witch hunt, damn, I can't wait to tune into the radio on Tuesday for that saga. It's like the WWF!!!!!!!

Mate, you can't come on here using a name like Peter. There are thousands of Peters out there who will try to get the place shut down if you're going to spout off pretending to be them!

Think of a stupid nickname for God's sake

:)

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Just being honest with my immediate reaction when I heard the text. Yorkie has phoned and texted the show quite often before, so although, yes, it IS possible that someone else with the name "Yorkie" texted in with a genuine opinion like that..my gut feeling is that this was just a daft wind-up.

Could be wrong of course, in which case my apols to "The Other Yorkie" (not that they'll be reading)...but come on, its pretty blatantly a wind-up.....

...innit ?

who knows...but if it is a windup...they've got what they wanted....a reaction.

in other words....evil yorkie 1, yorkie 0

it reminds me of an episode of knight rider where their was an evil car and it kept trying to run david hasselhoff over:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
bigc said:
who knows...but if it is a windup...they've got what they wanted....a reaction.

in other words....evil yorkie 1, yorkie 0

it reminds me of an episode of knight rider where their was an evil car and it kept trying to run david hasselhoff over:lolol:
hehe, "Evil Yorkie", I like that...

Mind you, if somone else started texting in under "Easy 10", it'd be pretty difficult to tell us apart I reckon, what with the drivel I peddle on here. Least it'd save me 10p though.

:)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
jesus f***ing CHRIST and you lot take the piss out of Swindon for being INBRED..........LOOK IN THE MIRROR :jester:

biggest load of complete wank I've read on here since I left......and I missed Hartys rant!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Welcome back Crabbers :kiss:

Cricks for the England game ? I'll be there on the Weds :thumbsup:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
it reminds me of an episode of knight rider where their was an evil car and it kept trying to run david hasselhoff over

:lolol: :lolol:

But of nicknames, where do you draw the line between "stupid" and "not stupid"? And isn't there a danger of assuming NSC holds some sort of monopoly over certain nicknames? There's probably umpteen fans who never use NSC and yet aren't generally known by their "proper" names. That they might, for example find themselves being exposed as the "Evil Yorkie" would come as something as a surprise to them. And I suspect a response containing the words "out, more, ought to" would follow the discovery that their name was in some way copyrighted to an internet message board.

In this case I'm sure the "Yorkie" text was sent as a wind-up and was intended to cause precisely the trouble that's followed. So should the BBC consider needing "proper names" on text messages? Probably. But then how do you stop someone texting in as "Moya" to say precisely the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here