Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

just how rough is Whitehawk?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Interesting debate this. It was a genuine question as I've never heard of gun crime there. I can't say I'd feel particularly scared wandering around 'scoomb or 'hawk looking at the comments here.

And I do mean Croxteth - I lifted the comment from the Argus article.

Cheers all

That "estate" the kid got shot isn't bad. It's a huge estate of new privately owned housing. One of the biggest in the country I believe.

However quite nearby is a rough estate.

The pub (outside where he was shot) used to a nice place. I've been in there many many times, but not for a few years. I understand the area has gone a bit down hill in recent years.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
It would have been Bill as the manager as Stanley gave Brian Harwood a job
as groundsman at The Goldstone and Mick, he was the one they called Mad Micky who it is alleged was ex SAS and when he got pissed on one occassion he was told to dive through and old ladys windows at 2 oclock in the morning , which he did, next day a glazier was called to repair the damage.. It must have frightened the old lady to bits.
Brian Harwood got the job as groundsman and later went on to become the kit man with one of his side kicks (Robert Chapman) becoming one of the ground staff.Both of them are now at east preston football club(Harwood is the chairman).
Mick Roberts was never in the sas; he was actually a mechanic by trade.He has got a brother who was in the armed forces but the one thing you could say about him was he was mad.I havnt seen him in years ,he is divorced from his wife(lorna).

flopalob

Aug 11, 2003
Perth, Australia
My Dad lived in whitehawk until he died never had any problems there but we did used to live on the North Peckham many years ago so anywhere would seem better by comparison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here