Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

just how rough is Whitehawk?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He actually lived on the kingston gorse estate before moving to arundel.He is now back in east preston living on the angmering on sea estate.

Had a club on Kingston Gorse Estate but for a time I thought that he lived on the Willowhayne Estate then Kingston Gorse then Agmering Village near the Church and then moved to Arundel after that I do not know. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
People in Moss Side and Croxteth (perhaps you mean Toxteth?) can't afford to shop in Asda so it isn't a problem.
:rolleyes:

Interesting debate this. It was a genuine question as I've never heard of gun crime there. I can't say I'd feel particularly scared wandering around 'scoomb or 'hawk looking at the comments here.

And I do mean Croxteth - I lifted the comment from the Argus article.

Cheers all

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I worked in Runcorn a few years ago when i asked a local the best place to have a drink he said speaking like a southerner in your hotel it will be safer
Then he said it isnt too bad here we only have 1 murder a week on average
That is complete and utter garbage. Its not the most scenic of places and the Castlefields is not pleasant but there are far worse than Runcorn. Having said that most of the pubs are dire generally.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We deliver until 9pm. In the two weeks we did deliver to Whitehawk, two drivers were attacked and another had some shopping stolen. In the three months we have delivered elsewhere, we have had one minor theft and no attacks. Go figure.
We dont seem to have problems with home delivery in Grotty Grimsby, perhaps the chavs haven't sussed yet. Mind you on Sunday , two druggies tried to enter the store at 4.10 whilst the shutter was coming down as the last customer had just left , one of them held the shutter which caused it to come off the runners whilst the female junkie scrambled underneath it. After ejection by security they both kicked the shutter causing further damage. Tonight I finished my shift at Asda at 7 and saw black acrid smoke drifting over the town , the old Birds Eye factory had been set alight by arsonists. Then, two stops before I was due to get off the bus some nutter threw a half brick which somehow managed to go through windows on both sides.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Had a club on Kingston Gorse Estate but for a time I thought that he lived on the Willowhayne Estate then Kingston Gorse then Agmering Village near the Church and then moved to Arundel after that I do not know. I could be wrong.

His club was called the pebble beach which is on the angmering on sea estate.He now lives just a few yards away from where that used too be.I see him from time to time in the tudor tavern or the indian restaurant next door and i always have too exchange a few words with him (and they are normally not pleasant).

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
"Many years" and yet you don't know how to spell it? Have you ever actually been to the place. It strikes me as particularly odd as you make Moulsecoomb sound like some sort of bandit country when in fact it's a perfectly ordinary place.

I spent most of my childhood and youth in Moulsecoomb - I didn't move out until I was 25. It had (and still has) its share of idiots but nothing major. Most nights in my teens and 20s, I walked home and saw no trouble whatsoever. I still stroll through the place from time to time and, if anything, it's got a bit smarter since I lived there.
You complete twat:tosser:
I missed one letter out ha ha you idiot,why would i lie about staying there mmmm,was there 2 week ago:laugh:

Its just a council estate that has the same probs as most others:whisky:it has its ups and downs.You have a right to stick you're opinion in and thats that.

Don't but in to my views:smokin:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
That is complete and utter garbage. Its not the most scenic of places and the Castlefields is not pleasant but there are far worse than Runcorn. Having said that most of the pubs are dire generally.

Agree. I have spent some nights in Runcorn with work and have found it deadly dull, but never threatening.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His club was called the pebble beach which is on the angmering on sea estate.He now lives just a few yards away from where that used too be.I see him from time to time in the tudor tavern or the indian restaurant next door and i always have too exchange a few words with him (and they are normally not pleasant).

When he had it and I worked for him there it was called The Blue Peter Club and I would stand corrected if that area is known as Angmering on Sea I was always under the impression that it came under Kingston Gorse.

Is the Tudor Tavern the one in Ferring or the pub in amongst the shops on the road that leads to the sea..

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
When he had it and I worked for him there it was called The Blue Peter Club and I would stand corrected if that area is known as Angmering on Sea I was always under the impression that it came under Kingston Gorse.

Is the Tudor Tavern the one in Ferring or the pub in amongst the shops on the road that leads to the sea..
The tudor tavern is amongst the shops on sea road which as the name suggests leads towards the sea.ferring does have a pub called the tudor but its full name is the tudor close! ps the club is on the angmering on sea estate and i used too go in the blue peter before all the hassle with archer etc!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We dont seem to have problems with home delivery in Grotty Grimsby, perhaps the chavs haven't sussed yet. Mind you on Sunday , two druggies tried to enter the store at 4.10 whilst the shutter was coming down as the last customer had just left , one of them held the shutter which caused it to come off the runners whilst the female junkie scrambled underneath it. After ejection by security they both kicked the shutter causing further damage. Tonight I finished my shift at Asda at 7 and saw black acrid smoke drifting over the town , the old Birds Eye factory had been set alight by arsonists. Then, two stops before I was due to get off the bus some nutter threw a half brick which somehow managed to go through windows on both sides.

that doesnt suprise me , from all the towns and cities I've been to in the UK , I can honestly say Grimsby is about level pegging with Stoke for the title of "Shittiest Uk town"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
that doesnt suprise me , from all the towns and cities I've been to in the UK , I can honestly say Grimsby is about level pegging with Stoke for the title of "Shittiest Uk town"
Grimsby is well ahead , thats why it is known as Crap Town.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I know the 'hawk pretty well. It's like any estate - some really nice folk who would do anythng for you, lots of average Joe's and some absolute buggers that you must avoid at all costs.

I once fell out with a pair of brothers who lived in the Swanborough Flats - nasty pieces of work too. They were playing darts once and had an argument so one of them punctured the other ones lung with a dart. 180!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
when i was going you had Brian Harwood and Mick Roberts on the door;i couldnt possibly tell who was running the place,it always seemed like organised chaos to me !

It would have been Bill as the manager as Stanley gave Brian Harwood a job
as groundsman at The Goldstone and Mick, he was the one they called Mad Micky who it is alleged was ex SAS and when he got pissed on one occassion he was told to dive through and old ladys windows at 2 oclock in the morning , which he did, next day a glazier was called to repair the damage.. It must have frightened the old lady to bits.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
although to be fair , sat night outin cleethorpes ? there were loadsa slags out and I was single
those slags were single too , single mum with a four year old kid and still only 18.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here